Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1551 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
Guess who hadn’t saved 3+ hours of gameplay...

Noooooooooooooooo!
Advertisement
Scholar
#1552 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natashenka
My game just crashed...

Guess who hadn’t saved 3+ hours of gameplay...

My game very rarely crashes.... so when it does, stuff like that happens to me too and it INFURIATES me. I need to be in the habit of saving more often. Sorry that happened to you!
Mad Poster
#1553 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
My game very rarely crashes.... so when it does, stuff like that happens to me too and it INFURIATES me. I need to be in the habit of saving more often. Sorry that happened to you!

I save frequently and often. This tip I picked up learning to write screenplays at age 10.

Still, I feel for you. Although I once made a family in The Sims 3 that survived a crash, but the town I was to play them in had to be restarted.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1554 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:03 AM
Best to set MCCC to Autosave at regular intervals, you can set it like every simhour or real world hour, etc, I set mine at midnight everyday which is a good time, it doesn't affect performance because MCCC always does it own cleaning itself every midnight, so it might as well do a save also.

But that's the last resort, keep remembering to save game yourself.
Lab Assistant
#1555 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Pillowkitty6 : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:12 AM.
A little update on the household!
Took a bit of a break for a few days to play some TCG... then went back to the Sims to take a break from the TCG.

Warning: Long

:lovestruc Miracle Edit: :lovestruc

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Scholar
#1556 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:04 PM
When you've got three toddlers to potty train, you'll find there is more than one use for that Cats and Dogs doggy-newspaper pile.

Mad Poster
#1557 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:31 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Nov 2017 at 8:18 PM.
Continuing from my last report.

The sextuplets share the last name Matsuno (lit. pine field. Dear God, is the Jersey Devil in the details? )

From oldest to youngest:
Osomatsu (eldest)
Karamatsu
Choromatsu
Ichimatsu
Jushimatsu
Todomatsu (baby)

I actually knocked out a decent house for 6 brothers with the tools, albeit the decor of the floors and walls are so tacky, a kitsch shop owner wouldn't buy this house if for sale. Then again, a house similar to the Pee-Wee's playhouse interior is more coveted. Mine looks like the MythBusters' attempt at painting using open paint can and lit sticks of dynamite.

After installing the Cupcake Machine, it became funny to see Karamatsu who has a "too cool for you" attitude bake vanilla cupcake. He made 2 plates of them and Choromatsu, the voice of reason made 7 plates.

However, the toilet situation may need a redo. Trying to get Ichimatsu to the toilet before almost soiling himself was suspenseful. Ichimatsu is the dark brooding type.

The personalities are based on the brothers during the Osomatsu-san run. The others include Osomatsu as an enthusiastic older brother to the other 5, Jushimatsu as a goofy klutz who'd trip upward going upstairs (P.S. I made a ranch style house. No stairs.) And Todomatsu, the baby brother who envisions himself a romantic charmer.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Field Researcher
#1558 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Why is the sim on the far right sad?

Synchronous autonomous farting! (The joys of living with sims who have no manners)

Sorry I'm 12

Where'd you download those awesome custom skins??
Scholar
#1559 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:42 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 19th Nov 2017 at 6:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Where'd you download those awesome custom skins??

OH thats the wonderful work of Luumia.. http://luumiasims.com/

I gave Aiden a makeover from this:

to this:

The hair is KiaraZurk (who uses Adfly and other). Its a adult conversion of kids hair from Cats and Dogs. Also, his face has an overlay that gives it some extra shine-and-shade that is NOT part of Luumia's skins...
Forum Resident
#1560 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:30 AM
I turned on elder pregnancy with like a 3% chance. Just because I thought it would be...realistic.

And well my main sim got pregnant, of course they did. Need to turn that Auto-woohoo off, for reals.
I only planned for them to have 1 kid, they had 4. The youngest are YA'S and the eldest just turned to Adults and have toddler children.
Guess we're starting back at the beginning!

FOR THE HORDE
Mad Poster
#1561 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:13 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:18 AM.
I fixed the bathroom situation at the Matsuno brothers' place. I essentially made 6 3x2 stalls and a small outer area for a sink.

The weirdest thing I caught the brothers doing was... dancing to the Kids Station playing "This Old Man" and in all honesty, I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. I will leave it at "I had a rough childhood and it numbs my mind" as the reason for such an outburst.

However, I reinstalled the CC for Sailor Moon Create-a-Sim parts and now my simself is a master of disguise. However, she wears quite a bit of eyeliner. That's the separating factor.

Scholar
#1562 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I turned on elder pregnancy with like a 3% chance. Just because I thought it would be...realistic.

And well my main sim got pregnant, of course they did. Need to turn that Auto-woohoo off, for reals.
I only planned for them to have 1 kid, they had 4. The youngest are YA'S and the eldest just turned to Adults and have toddler children.
Guess we're starting back at the beginning!

I had on 1% chance of Risky Woohoo in my game. Stepped away from my PC to pee, thought I paused it. Nope. In the six minutes or so that I was gone, Henry woohoo'd Jane and she was pregnant. That was baby number SIX.
Forum Resident
#1563 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:46 PM
Finally felt comfortable enough with the EP to continue playing my legacy. So far, it's only on Gen 1. The foundress, Freya Bellator, has given birth to three children before turning into a vampire.She is supposed to stay alive during the then generations and she has gathered a vampire coven, The Bellator Sorority, around her to keep her company.

(Bella, I know you think you're good at posing andf look deep here, but...)

Her twin boys will fight for the place as the heir as soon as they will have come off age, but Ragna and Rollo still (autonomously) get along very well.

(That's cute-sad. Good word.)

I've made Freya a wolf that is supposed to stay alive with her, as all her other nearest family is going to die long before her. Her name is Puppet Queen and she favors Ragna as the next leader.

(Who would have thought that Ragna is the popular one )
Instructor
#1564 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:25 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 20th Nov 2017 at 1:43 PM.
Had my female sim kiss her husband. The sim's sister was nearby and started cheering them on. Then the husband started flirting with the sim's mother autonomously.
Mad Poster
#1565 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd Nov 2017 at 10:06 PM.
Recently moved Usagi Tsukino next door to the Matsuno brothers. Still in the process of creating her house, but at least the roommate situation for her will just have her and her core 4 teammates.

Usagi Tsukino = Sailor Moon (the second English version is uncut, unedited and uncensored with the original Japanese names for almost every single thing.)

In the other save, my sim self and Dana are getting closer. Their neighbor Liberty Lee invited herself in (almost...I was dumb enough to accept her request of invitation) and spent her visit on my computer, which in hindsight, I regret.

My simself played with the holiday cracker, which held a small toy that looked like a melted green Pikachu and one of those uncle jokes that are told at family gatherings (my entire family is harmlessly insane, but the fact it's a Catholic family, you're easily outnumbered by rapid fire relays of groaners from a number of relatives. Good thing they aren't in the simulation.)

I also had Dana watch comedy and somehow, Patton Oswalt did a recovery from a failed joke and it ended well along with a late night talk show with a rather interesting host.

Forum Resident
#1566 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:50 PM
My foundress kids are going through some pretty interesting phases.

Her son, Rollo, decided to only wear a care bear costume...to any event (it's the first time I've seen that happen. Sorry, the capture is in german, but it roughly says that he has found his hero and only wants to wear that thingy lol)

That has to hurt!

His bigger sister, Ursula, hates to even be looked upon. She gets mortified by that.
Scholar
#1567 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 1:16 AM
I haven't had a kid go into Bear-costume phase since I first bought that pack. It only happened once, and never again. And I've had a lot of kids. I hope it'll happen again sometime...

Colin got remarried at the romance festival! (His first wife divorced him and then died of cardiac explosion)

Aiden officially has a girlfriend! Yay!
Mad Poster
#1568 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:23 PM
I added Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from the First MythBusters Series as neighbors to my simself and Dana

The talk at the kitchen table, judging by the icons was a mere argument on plans on what is big, impressive and probably likely to explode.

Mad Poster
#1569 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:45 PM
Didn't play much today.

In Moonlight Bay, my sim self met with Adam and Jamie. True to his clumsy nature, Adam broke a dish while washing dishes

Tokyo New Town, with anime characters, the Matsuno brothers have still been eating the vanilla cupcakes they made. Personally, I would go crazy after eating 3.

Scholar
#1570 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:13 AM
Henry JR had his first proper date with Marlie (I downloaded her from the gallery, thats what I sometimes do to find spouses, this is why I think online dating with actual gallery sims would be cool)... they had their first kiss and they are now boyfriend/girlfriend. Henry JR is firstborn grandson to one of my original sims, Henry SR.

Henry lives in a abandoned factory with his cousin Colin JR, his wife, and Colin's cousin Aiden. When Henry is ready to get married to Marlie they will move out, possibly to San Myshuno. I really love having duplexes in the game, but part of the reason I do so is *cough* lack of available land and housing....on the other hand, it allows me to play a bunch of sims together that I really like, all at the same time!
Field Researcher
#1571 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 1:29 AM
My selfsim is currently happily married with Don Lothario and his muscles. Don is working as a bodybuilder and my selfsim is selling her paintings. She also plays piano for tips at random community lots occasionally. They have twin boys Arno and London who are forced to practise violin and piano for long hours each day like real life japanese kids by their mom, which happens to be my simself. She "hates children" but she loves her own. She wants to raise child prodigies. We also have 3 dogs, Budi, Mozart and Zoe. A golden retriever, a pembroke welsh corgi and a border collie. Don's commitment issues are solved by allowing him to cheat once in a while, as my simself also wohoos with any goodlooking man she meets. But she loves Don and Don loves her. They have a beautiful family life at home. When they're "travelling" apart, that's a different story.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#1572 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:18 AM
Henry decided it was time to move out of his cousins. He now lives in a nice apartment in San Myshuno, and he just adopted a dog, this puppy, is a Corgi . I think its the cardigan welsh corgi? His cousin (Colin JR) had a Dobie that he really enjoyed so he wanted a dog of his own, but nothing too big. The puppy's name is Huey, so I decided to leave it at that.

Anyway I'm going to play him until he gets married, at the very least.
Lab Assistant
#1573 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:46 AM Last edited by Pillowkitty6 : 27th Nov 2017 at 4:25 AM.
Made use of MC Command Center to adjust the time from 25 (Default) to 50 and it made a huge difference! Didn't feel as rushed during the day to get stuff accomplished.

Time passes, tragedies strike and new paws pitter patter into the household!

Warning: 35 Images Long

Edit: Daaw thanks for the comments spidergirl79! I crossed checked and the Hecking couple are still in the same household together so I'm not sure what triggered the random flirting from Brent. Maybe he was just complimenting her attire.

Poor scared doggy! All the Barkers love the violin but hate the tv and radio over here.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Scholar
#1574 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 4:08 AM
Pillowkitty6, I love your stories! That guy hitting on your sim was Brent Hecking, one of the married gay sims that came with Brindleton Bay! So he's a flirt, a cheat and he's flirting with a woman! O_o

What is happening in my game? After I moved Henry out, and adopted Huey the dog, I kept getting the same error code over and over and it was driving me nuts because it was continuous. I didn't know the cause. So I repaired my game, cleared out the cache, and *THAT* error stopped. I did get a different error, this one actually had the name of at least TWO mods that are almost always implicated- and yes, they're up to date.

Not much is going on. I moved Henry into a house, thinking that it was the City Living that was causing the glitch (it wasn't, although my festivals ARE STILL OVERLAPPING THANKS EA), but it wasn't. (Although it became less frequent) Anyway, I'm going to get him engaged to his girlfriend soon.

By the way you can see how Huey feels about Henry's violin playing...
Test Subject
#1575 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 11:33 PM
Young vampire Gareth Cole convinces his non-vampire best friend, Kelsey Sprinkle, to move with him to Forgotten Hollow. He's a good Vampire and tries his best not to feed off of humans. They're friends with the Vitore siblings; however, Kelsey meets and becomes enchanted by Vladislaus Straud. She begs Gareth to turn her into a vampire so she can be with him forever, but Gareth refuses and warns her that Vlad is evil.

In the Straud household, Vlad's sister Victoria has come back to live at the mansion. She would prefer that Vlad marry another powerful vampire, but he is determined to have Kelsey as his bride. Gareth refuses to let Vlad enter their home, so Vlad waits until Gareth heads out for the night with Caleb Vitore (whom he has developed a crush on) and then Kelsey lets him in. Unbeknownst to her, Vlad locks all of the doors so that Gareth can't get back in before sunrise and dies. Kelsey never wants to see Vlad again. It's Victoria who ends up turning Kelsey, because Vlad refused to continue mentoring her (she's only a Prime Vampire) unless she helped him do this.

Now a bitter Kelsey has been taken back to the mansion to live with the Strauds to one day become his wife and produce the most powerful vampire yet.
Page 63 of 104