Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 10th Jul 2015 at 9:05 AM.
Default A fashion faux pas you won't be making anytime soon.
If you can bring yourself to consider the horror of it, name a 'garment' you most certainly will never, ever wear ~ and if possible tell us why - include a picture if you like.

Item: The Onesie
Why not?: Just look at them, for the Gods sake. They encompass the very antithesis of sartorial elegance by being (allegedly) 'comfy' and can you really imagine answering the door to the mailman/meter reader/the Jehovah's Witnesses/that election candidate you wanted to have a good row with and being taken seriously dressed as a kangaroo? No. Just. No.

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:54 AM
I wouldnt wear those things in public. I do have a red one with mickey mouse heads all over it, but theys pyjamas.

I wont wear skirts. Not exactly sure why i wont, but i wont.

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 9:27 AM
You remind me of my late grandmother, who wouldn't wear skirts or cheongsams. She would only wear peasant trousers and shirts.

As for me, I won't wear iron lingerie or corsets and girdles without an outer layer of clothes, because I look like an Elin from Tera with Grimhilde's face.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 10:06 AM
I got one!

Also, penis slacks. I wouldn't wear those if I had the genitalia for them, because they are horrifying.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:23 PM
Behold my home town

In college, we had 'pyjama day' where everyone came in in pyjamas so me and a friend both went out and bought some onesies (as did most of our friendship group), and we took a group photo, which has been my profile picture for about 3 years now. I should really change it, because every christmas someone buys me a onesie. I get waaay too warm to wear them even in the winter. Though every once in a while, at a sleepover isn't that bad. My university actually makes onesies with our uni logo on

For me it's tight clothing. At the sides, I'm slim, but I carry all my fat in a belly. When I wear tight clothing I look at least a few months pregnant.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:53 PM
A playboy smoking jacket

Just, no.
Quote:
and if possible tell us why

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:24 PM
Those pants (jeans?) hugbug posted: I'd wear those. It'd have to be a "every other piece of clothing I own is dirty and I need to do laundry" situation and I'd HAVE to have a long shirt to wear with them.. but yeah, I would. If I absolutely had to. I'd even wear that Batman onesie and answer the door while wearing it. In fact - I'd actually make calls to get someone to come over so I could answer the door, lol.

What I won't wear is anything that's tight (most of my clothes are actually too big thanks to losing 60 pounds, even my belt is too big now), shows butt cheeks, too much boobage or my stomach. I used to say that I wouldn't wear any tops that are patterned but my mom gave me a rather neat sleeveless shirt with a geometric pattern that I actually like. So there is a least the one patterned garment that I'll wear.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:40 PM
I wear footie pajamas during the winter. My English Angora bunny prefers it when I wear the zebra patterned ones, though. She likes to play with the zebra ears on the top of my feet. She gives them kisses. It is too cute for words.

If there is a fashion crime, I am sure that I have commited it without shame.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
#9 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:43 PM
I would not wear skirts, dresses, skinny jeans or makeup at all. Skirts and dresses because I feel like my panties are exposed, makeup because that shit is difficult to get off unless you have a makeup remover, and skinny jeans because they feel tight and rub against my legs and I just hate that sensation. It's why I prefer to wear flare or bootcut jeans and t-shirts. You can skip the makeup, too.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:56 PM
Can I just say Thranduil Oropherion, getting in a row with a political candidate while wearing a kangaroo onsie might actually be the perfect plan- it'd be sure to make the evening news and embarrass the candidate in front of thousands and thousands of people!

And hugbug, those pants are kind of the opposite of something I saw far too much of yesterday... there's a reason pants are mostly designed to sit at the same place- to high or too low, and you've either got a wedgie already, or are begging for one. Unless that's what people are going for for some strange reason, I can't for the life of me understand either of those styles.

As for me, I mean, I wear suits on a regular basis just because i enjoy elitism with my sartorial pursuits, and I tend to look on even things so common as dad jeans or socks-with-sandals as inexcusable fashion faux-pas. (just in public though- I don't care what you're wearing when you're at home mowing the lawn or something). That being said, since I choose to wear suits, I have some faux-pas there that you'll never see me making... novelty ties, for instance. If your tie sings "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" when you press the center of it, you have no business wearing it with a suit (and certainly no business wearing it in JUNE!).

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
... can you really imagine answering the door to the Jehovah's Witnesses

Oh please, yes. YES. Let me wear this one. And with a wild look in my eye,
answer the door for the next bible-thumping christianizers!
I could step out onto the porch, getting just a little too close to one of them, and invite them in...
#12 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
I got one!

Also, penis slacks. I wouldn't wear those if I had the genitalia for them, because they are horrifying.

Haha!! Those are terrible.

Is there a Sims 3 version of those?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:30 PM
Shell suits and trainers - I think I am the only person in the western world - actually most of the world - who can't stand them. I've heard all the arguments why they are great (so don't bother). They look awful. (to me anyway)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 11:05 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 10th Jul 2015 at 11:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993

Also, penis slacks.

Better penis slacks, than a slack penis.

(Click here for rimshot.)
Theorist
#15 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:01 AM
Some types of clothes I'll never wear:
- Any flip-flops/slippers, if I'm not visiting the beach or the swimming pool. Especially wearing (sports) socks at the same time. What a crime against humanity! Because I don't go to these places, I'll never wear any.
- Just like red pantalons, especially worn under a grey/brown/black suit jacket and a light coloured/white blouse. A teacher at college wore those, horrifying!
- A tracksuit while not related to actually using for active sport or training.
- Shoes with a dominant colour besides black, white grey or brown.
- The abovely mentioned onesies. Not even in the privacy of my own home. I sleep in my boxers and shirt and during the day I'm always normally dressed, even when not leaving the house, besides being sick.

I mean relatively normal clothing, these penis slacks I won't count as that.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Oh please, yes. YES. Let me wear this one. And with a wild look in my eye,
answer the door for the next bible-thumping christianizers!
I could step out onto the porch, getting just a little too close to one of them, and invite them in...

Hahahaha! They would leave so fast, under a shower of pamphlets and other 'reading material' they'd leave skid marks! Oh and by the way, the last lot of 'bible-thumping christianizers' that called at my door, left not only a leaflet about becoming friends with jesus, they also left some chocolate ... I get the feeling they were searching for my weakness ....
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:31 AM
Bustiers and corsets...I don't wear bras, save for this one that is so beat up, it may fall apart. The reason I don't wear bras is because I'm a few inches too fat for ones sold in stores.

I find bustiers and corsets punishment just to be a woman. I rather eat spicy guacamole if I was caught for eating sweets.

Bottom Line: Bustiers and Corsets...NO

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Forum Resident
#18 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:39 AM
I refuse to wear shorts that don't even cover my butt cheeks all the way. Because apparently walking around in denim underwear is cool now.

I also don't own any yoga pants. If I had some I'd wear them around the house if they were comfy, but the Walmartians who wear thin yoga pants 10 sizes too small with brightly colored thongs turn me off to them.

The pants I DO wear, I wear at my waist. But if my brain cells all die, I could join the fad and wear hip-huggers so low that my undies show---it would be just SOOO SEXAY! Not.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Theorist
#19 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 1:47 AM
I prefer girls and women wearing normal butt and undies covering jeans, pants, shorts and what ever the name is over visible undies and shorts pretending to be undies, which indeed are damn ugly.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:07 AM
How have I never heard the term "WalMartian" before? It's so perfect! Those people obviously aren't human- they must be from another planet!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:16 AM
Kangaroo - l bet she's a "furry"; watched a furry CONVENTION on TV...horrifying.
What the H is penis slacks?
At home, in this heat I tend to wear thin cotton, very long skirts - up under my arms, so I don't have to wear ANYTHING else. I've been caught by the neighbor a few times - would have been totally embarrassed but he flirts with me...too funny. I wear pants and big shirts because I'm fat and don't want to look like a K-Mart star. But I never liked revealing, tight clothes - just not lady-like. I have to remind myself to wear makeup and jewelry; like, nobody every looks at me anyway, but if I catch a glimpse of myself ...more AKKK than usual.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#22 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:19 AM
I will never wear booty shorts - gross, please put some pants on, also it's freezing indoors.
I will never wear crop tops - Again, put some clothes on please. I also have a mole on my belly button that looks more like a tiny brown growth. Don't need to be showing that off.
I will never wear dresses - I just hate them. I own only one that I got for a formal event in the 8th grade.
I will never wear Ugg boots - Those are disgusting imho
I will never wear tie dye, or camo, or baseball hats
I will never wear jean skirts. The only reason I don't say skirts in general is because I own 2 with prints that I really like, which is the only reason I wear them.
#23 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
the last lot of 'bible-thumping christianizers' that called at my door, left not only a leaflet about becoming friends with jesus, they also left some chocolate ... I get the feeling they were searching for my weakness ....

Ah yes... the Church of the Chocolate Crucifix.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
What the H is penis slacks?

Do not google Penis slacks. Just don't. Especially with safe search off and on Images.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:30 AM
You know I had to rush to google Penis Pants. Just stupid. More artistic, painting clothes on nude models and watch people NOT notice..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I also don't own any yoga pants. If I had some I'd wear them around the house if they were comfy, but the Walmartians who wear thin yoga pants 10 sizes too small with brightly colored thongs turn me off to them.

I wear yoga pants but the ones I have aren't tight, they're just loose enough and comfy as all hell. Since I'm low-waisted (mid-rise jeans are perfect for me, they sit right at my waist) they're not too low for me either.

/me remembers the day she discovered mid-rise jeans with fondness.. finally, pants that FIT!
Page 1 of 3