Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:06 PM
Default Bug/Technical Issue with CAW
Hello Im trying to build a world and i already create a layer but there are some objects from 1-120 which appearing in global layer but when i click "find it in the render panel" theres nothing i tryied to delete it but i cannot, it says to do it in EIG mode or to delete the lot but i havent any lot not even one!

Please Help!!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:50 PM
Have you placed any objects or trees yet, or items like spawners? If so then I wouldn't worry about those items at this stage. Once you have your world finished you can replace the global layer, but you shouldn't do this if you have a populated world or houseboats.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473791

We don't really know if objects on the global layer can cause problems or not, so be sure to backup your world before attempting this. Remember that there are many playable worlds that have been created without clearing the global layer, so it's debateable as to whether it's even necessary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Have you placed any objects or trees yet, or items like spawners? If so then I wouldn't worry about those items at this stage. Once you have your world finished you can replace the global layer, but you shouldn't do this if you have a populated world or houseboats.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473791

We don't really know if objects on the global layer can cause problems or not, so be sure to backup your world before attempting this. Remember that there are many playable worlds that have been created without clearing the global layer, so it's debateable as to whether it's even necessary.

I found that yesterday its seems helpful enough ,but on which save of my world i have to do this ? cause i have many backup saves made by CAW
What if i take a layer from a new flat world and place it in my world?
The only objects i have are the lighthouse and the lighthouse fx ,not even trees..
dodgy builder
#4 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arisvamp
I found that yesterday its seems helpful enough ,but on which save of my world i have to do this ? cause i have many backup saves made by CAW
The only objects i have are the lighthouse and the lighthouse fx ,not even trees..

If you still have early saves of your world, you can use them to clean the global layer when your world is finished, before you populate if you plan to do that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:02 PM
but on which save of my world i have to do this ?

You'd do this when your world is finished, on your final save. But I must reiterate- make sure you backup before doing this- don't do it if you populate your world file or have houseboats- it's not known if this is necessary.

Yes, that is what my tutorial shows. How to take the global layer from a fresh world to replace the one in your world.

Even clicking on items in the metadata list can cause items to appear on the global layer; it seems that items such as jigs and movable props especially are copied there. This seems to be the way that the game is designed to work, and the only reason that I devised this method was to experimentally reduce the size of the world file. It's not known if there is any benefit to cleaning the global layer- and there are some potential detrimental effects for the later EPs- so my advice would be to just build your world and not worry about the global layer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You'd do this when your world is finished, on your final save. But I must reiterate- make sure you backup before doing this- don't do it if you populate your world file or have houseboats- it's not known if this is necessary.

Yes, that is what my tutorial shows. How to take the global layer from a fresh world to replace the one in your world.

Even clicking on items in the metadata list can cause items to appear on the global layer; it seems that items such as jigs and movable props especially are copied there. This seems to be the way that the game is designed to work, and the only reason that I devised this method was to experimentally reduce the size of the world file. It's not known if there is any benefit to cleaning the global layer- and there are some potential detrimental effects for the later EPs- so my advice would be to just build your world and not worry about the global layer.

Ok Ill leave it as it is...
Thanks for your help!!!!