Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Sliders are not working. No matter what I do!
So I've been trying to fix this problem for a couple days.
My sliders are not working, they don't change anything when I move them!
I tried increasing the number of sliders with master controller, and xcas but they both are not working! I have around 300 or something custom sliders, so it would need to increase them by A LOT.
I've gone into MC > settings > CAS > amount of sliders allowed in cas > like, 300 and before I did like 1000
I even put in xcas x4 and turned on overlay cas core mod in MC settings to true and that just made everything even worse and basicaly NO sliders worked. I use literally all my sliders though so I really don't want to take any of them out.
I wish I could just expand the stinking sliders in cas and have it work for once and my issues would be solved.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:25 AM
MC: We don't know what the upper limit is for its allowable sliders option, it may vary by game. But 1,000 sounds way too high to me. I would suggest something more like 400 or 500 if you can live with that, it may well be ignoring the higher number.

XCAS: There aren't any settings directly in XCAS that the player can reach to change the number of allowable sliders. This is done by way of a tuning file instead. Cmar provides samples for 50 and 100 (not the 4x, those do something entirely different, and be sure you are only using one of those if any). What you will need to do is open one of the tuning files like the 100 one in S3PE and change the value in the XML to 400 or 500. Save it and use that as your tuning file.

Using Both: You can use both MC and XCAS at the same time, but the number of allowable sliders must be exactly the same on each. or else one being a script mod and the other being a core mod they will fight it out at startup and you will get unreliable results.