Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#251 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 7:56 PM
When Dina Ray moved to her private Island she took her bookshelf, her TV, and her stereo with her. The bookshelf had beginning cookbook, handiness book, and logic book in it. My island has a beach lot, so I went into edit town and placed an auto-soil for an apple tree and lettuce plant and a seed spawner. Once she gets skilled up enough, I'm gonna send her off to university. Dina wants to start a blog, Homesteading for Beginners, and improve her painting and athletic skills as well. I'm hoping that she can get a scholarship. While she's at university, she's gonna pick up a spouse, a bunch of books, and stock up on food/seeds. I'm hoping any children get an imaginary friend doll I can make real to get a spouse for them so I don't need to send them someplace too. I only have university and I don't know how NRAAS Travel would work without WA.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 8:47 PM
I'm been thinking about doing the challenge what do u guys rate for
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 12:36 PM
Thought I'd play this challenge again because I always enjoy it, I haven't really taken any pictures but just snapped a few of my family so far.

This is Claire, my challenge founder, or as I've started calling her, Perma-Preg. Pro-tip: for a real challenge, set woohoo to autonomous and make all woohoo risky...

That's her husband Liu, they met in Shang Simla and have been inseparable ever since (seriously, if you give them the chance, they're like rabbits!)

Their oldest son, Fen, and his imaginary friend turned girlfriend Lola are forming a band, they're going to start generation 3 for me, unless surprise baby number 4 is a girl.

Forgotten middle child Hai has just turned into a teen, I'll be honest, he's probably going to swim out to sea and never come back...

Baby Chen is due to age up any day now, he's miraculously learned all the necessary toddler skills despite my complete lack of interest in his well being - Claire may be permanently preggers, but she does have the maternal instincts to back it up thankfully.

Their towering mansion is kind of ridiculous looking, but I've put a ban on any electronics or modern appliances (with the exception of a fridge and some rustic looking plumbing) The pizza oven has been their salvation. Maintaining the garden is a full time job as well, but Claire robbed every growable she could find on the last trip to Shang Simla, and coffee beans make a surprising amount of simoleans.

That's my family so far! Thank the sim gods for NRAAS portrait panel, because this family is getting huge.
Test Subject
#254 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 4:21 PM
Can main character have an occult life form like vampire?

Has anyone finished this challenge?

Has anyone finished combined challenge of this and perfect genetics?
Test Subject
#255 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 4:37 PM
Trying to start joint challenge of this and perfect genetics from James Cameron a.k.a. Avatar.
He has blue skin tone, blue eyes and blue hair.

What should I do with horses randomly rendered on the lot? Is it allowed to socialize with horse to the first character or anyone on his or her offsprings?

Test Subject
#256 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 5:35 PM
The burglar came just after I started to play!
Scholar
#257 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 3:45 AM
How on earth did my founder become a one star celebrity all by herself on an island? Now I have to deal with paparazzi in this save file! Does anyone know how to remove a star once earned?
Test Subject
#258 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:08 AM
Looks fun
Test Subject
#259 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PeekASim
Looks fun

I definitely will try it
Test Subject
#260 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 3:52 PM
Is the world compatible for mac?
Scholar
#261 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 8:40 PM
I am going to try this but I turned into the future and pets packs off before playing.
Test Subject
#262 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
How on earth did my founder become a one star celebrity all by herself on an island? Now I have to deal with paparazzi in this save file! Does anyone know how to remove a star once earned?

There are mods to remove paparazzis and there are mods to deal with star status
Test Subject
#263 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyegal19
I am going to try this but I turned into the future and pets packs off before playing.

How is this possible to turn off some packs off if you have already installed them?
Scholar
#264 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidalisova
There are mods to remove paparazzis and there are mods to deal with star status

I ended up working the paparazzi and celebrity status into the story, and then when I downloaded register and got rid of them, I was able to say that the public was no longer interested in the story.
Lab Assistant
#265 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 12:17 AM
After a long hiatus I'm back with my family, I moved them to a bigger island because watching them constantly tantrum because they couldn't move was getting old.

Weirdly, Hai has not only survived his teen years, but somehow become my favourite family member and is going to be my heir for this generation. He travelled to France where he met and fell in love with Jolene Montaque, they just got married on the beach.

Sadly Lui didn't live to see the big day, but Chen is dancing with his mother Claire instead

I just love this picture

And just as the party was coming to an end, baby sister Isabel decided to age up

She got her mother's smile.
Lab Assistant
#266 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:34 AM Last edited by SY_89 : 22nd May 2016 at 1:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by samhain
After a long hiatus I'm back with my family, I moved them to a bigger island because watching them constantly tantrum because they couldn't move was getting old.

Weirdly, Hai has not only survived his teen years, but somehow become my favourite family member and is going to be my heir for this generation. He travelled to France where he met and fell in love with Jolene Montaque, they just got married on the beach.

Sadly Lui didn't live to see the big day, but Chen is dancing with his mother Claire instead

I just love this picture

And just as the party was coming to an end, baby sister Isabel decided to age up

She got her mother's smile.

Ow wauw your challenge looks like fun. Do you post the progress anywhere? And I Love what you did with the house looking like an apartment flat. Do you have it up for download?

I'm starting this challenge. Ive done it before but now I'm starting it for a youtube series.. I'll post pictures and the story line soon! The girl I chose comes from Neverglade. She has her parents and sister still living there. Very rich family.. She was used to the luxury and now she has to survive.. It's going to be intresting!
Instructor
#267 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:25 PM Last edited by TrillianRikku : 24th May 2016 at 7:33 PM.
For some bizzar reason I can't get the island to install I was wondering if I could use an island that came with island paradise instad and just ignore everyone
Test Subject
#268 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 5:42 PM
Hello I'm new here and liked to try this challenge. I downloaded it and doubleklicked it, but I can't select the world in the game. It is in the folder InstalledWorlds. Is that wrong? Can you help me, please? I've never done something like that before.
Test Subject
#269 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 11:08 PM
ninjafan, try putting the sims3pack file in the Downloads folder within your Sims 3 folder. Then go into your launcher and install it from there like you normally would.
Test Subject
#270 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:05 PM
I use v2 as long as I don't have Island Paradise. It's a 7z-file, not a sims3pack-file and somehow that doesn't work either, it doesn't appear in the launcher to install. Do you have another idea?
Site Helper
#271 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 7:06 PM
If it's a 7z file, that means it hasn't been extracted from the archive yet.
Since I don't know if your computer is a PC or a Mac, I'm just going to give you a link to the wiki article which will help walk you through getting it extracted and installed, as well as answering other questions you may have.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#272 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 3:57 PM
I think that worked. Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#273 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 10:05 AM
I thought this challenge seemed really fun, so I'm trying it and posting my sim's, Coral Marino's, adventures living on an isolated island to a tumblr! Anybody mind checking it out? http://my-midnightsun-challenge.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#274 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
When Dina Ray moved to her private Island she took her bookshelf, her TV, and her stereo with her. The bookshelf had beginning cookbook, handiness book, and logic book in it. My island has a beach lot, so I went into edit town and placed an auto-soil for an apple tree and lettuce plant and a seed spawner. Once she gets skilled up enough, I'm gonna send her off to university. Dina wants to start a blog, Homesteading for Beginners, and improve her painting and athletic skills as well. I'm hoping that she can get a scholarship. While she's at university, she's gonna pick up a spouse, a bunch of books, and stock up on food/seeds. I'm hoping any children get an imaginary friend doll I can make real to get a spouse for them so I don't need to send them someplace too. I only have university and I don't know how NRAAS Travel would work without WA.

I also planned on using the childrens' toys as future partners, since I also don't have WA. If you have Nraas Traveller, it would allow you to travel to other towns (ex. Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, Isla Paradiso, Lucky Palms, etc...) you have installed. Since you could interact with the residents of that town, I thought it might be allowed to have them move in with you. I'm not 100% sure it's allowed for this challenge though, but I know it can be done since I've done it with other households of mine.
Test Subject
#275 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 8:49 PM
This is so fun! I've never had the patience to play a challenge except from vanilla Legacy from Sims 2, but I really like it.
Started off at the Midnight Sun island but had a little problem with the midnight sun and the lack of space, so I found the beautiful world "Ö" in this thread and moved there. As a Swede, it makes me feel at home.

Aah, my beautiful little farm

I combine this with the Perfect Genetics challenge, starting off with a cute little woman named Selene. Light purple hair, dark turquoise eyes. I built her a quite traditional Swedish homestead with a two-room cottage, an outhouse with a loft and a garden. In the beginning on the first island, she painted until she could get to China, but as she found some tomatos there and started gardening, nowadays she mostly live on the earth. She married Zhan Su after a short flirt (though she met his brother first) and he's turned out to be the ideal husband and father, taking care of the children, as Selene hates children and treats them with disrespect!

Zhan turned out to be a great husband

Something as unusual as Selene holding a child. This is her youngest, Sophia.

I'm leaning towards explaining the whole genetics thing with a rare disease and Selene's weird genes giving immunity against it. Selene's and Zhan's first son, Elia, was unfortunately blond, but he's still alive as he would grow up to become a teen and a good farmhand before the other children. Then they had twin boys, one with Selene's purple hair and turquoise eyes, that is still alive, just turned into a child. The second boy had his father's black hair and died under mysterious surcumstances. Before realising she had an heir, though, Selene got pregnant again, and so now the family have two children with the right genetics. Evind is a child, and Sophia just turned into a toddler. She is developing the best personality so far, so I'll might not let Evind become family heir. Or I'll let them both live and see who's most lucky finding a partner. We'll see... At least I'm having fun.

The two older boys fishing together. Blonde Elia will at least live until Evind is old enough to take the role as farm hand. He's still just playing around though.
Screenshots
Page 11 of 14