Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 11:42 AM Last edited by simsample : 6th Oct 2017 at 1:21 PM.
Default simsample: Lacuna Delta
Continued in this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=600891

Currently, I'm playing with a remake of one of my old neighbourhoods, Lacuna Delta.

I first created this a long time ago (we're talking 2006) and had a bunch of sims in there and a lot of custom content. I made a University, a Downtown, a shopping town, and added all of the holiday destinations. I also did a lot of V.B.Ts (in the name of science! and Lulz!) which made it a bit buggy and very laggy. So last year I thought I'd start it again.

The hood was made using my Lacuna terrain, so I made a fresh copy using AGS and Hood Replace. I rebuilt a bunch of the old lots and replaced some that I didn't like, and then I made new versions of the original sims.

So, I've just got them all moved in and have had some of them purchase businesses. The premise of this neighboourhood is that it's an industrial town, built mainly of red brick, and it's a bit dark and gloomy. The seasons are Winter>Spring>Autumn>Winter so as you can imagine it's quite often under snow! I had a rare day where the snow cleared, so i took some pictures.

It has a little marina too, courtesy of Criquette. Criquette , Lowedeus , SimNopke, Voeille and a lot of other simmers have been creating some really nice stuff for our neighbourhoods recently, so I'm hoping to spruce Lacuna D up over the next few months! :lovestruc

The hood is quite large, and I put some of the lots I made for the Downtown into the main neighbourhood so that my sims can use them. I want to keep this subhood free for now at least.

Most things in this neighbourhood are designed to make me laugh (because otherwise it's a pretty depressing place), so I have a lot of unfeasibly tiny apartments and silly hats and daft names. This paper girl is called Audrey Hepburn.

I tend not to be much of a storyteller with my sims, but I'll post some pictures as I play which hopefully someone would like to see! I'm looking forward to seeing more of other simmers' games too!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:06 PM
Lacuna looks beautiful! I love the arrangement and hood decorations! Is it up for download? My only critiscm is the empty space in front of the water tower! Is it for download? The hood overall has an awesome atmosphere, and would even function well as a post-apocalyptic hood! The stormy clouds supplement such an atmosphere with a sense of foreboding, and the hood has an innately "sleepy" feeling.
In my new hood, I still have a lot to decorate too! I'll be making a thread for it soon!
I actually used a lot of the buildings from your beautiful "Bluehaven" hood which is by far my favorite. I moved them to a larger terrain in order to get more space .
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:36 PM
Thanks Emperor Crat! No, Lacuna Delta isn't up for download- I made this one to play with. I'd have to make a clean version for download as I play with a lot of mods. It does look a bit sparse- I need to decorate it more and the trees look thin in winter. But that bleak sparseness is the way it's meant to be!

I like your neighbourhood- glad you found a use for the Bluehaven lots! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#4 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:14 PM
Oooh so you make neighborhoods from total scratch? Like the terrain and everything?

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks Emperor Crat! No, Lacuna Delta isn't up for download- I made this one to play with. I'd have to make a clean version for download as I play with a lot of mods. It does look a bit sparse- I need to decorate it more and the trees look thin in winter. But that bleak sparseness is the way it's meant to be!

I like your neighbourhood- glad you found a use for the Bluehaven lots! :lovestruc

Thank you! But then again, I couldn't have made it look so nice without your lots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Oooh so you make neighborhoods from total scratch? Like the terrain and everything?

Hehe, yes I do- I love to build. I don't think I ever downloaded a lot! I use SC4 to make the terrains.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:25 PM
I can't get simcity 4 anywhere. I search and search because I love building houses so currently because I can't find simcity I am searching for collab partners. I would have made a neighborhood with story and everything if not I had changed all the default sim thing out with cc xD
so pretty skin and hair~

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 4:52 PM
Is SC4 challenging to use?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:19 PM
No, not at all as regards to creating terrains for Sims 2. But playing the game successfully is challenging, and of course there are lots of mods and add-ons to make it more complex.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:28 PM
Now I might ask stupid, but could you make hoods on requests? Like, I have seen those here but somehow I just can't find the right piece of land that looks good for a little modern city... :/

I build small houses *^*
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM
Simsample, I really like your neighbourhood pictures.
Link Ninja
#12 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:30 PM
Your terrains are really lovely and I admire you make your own! You have the industrial look nailed down on your first shot! I just hope there's no Chernobyl type incident anytime soon (ya know, that pesky neighborhood corruption)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:50 PM
Oh you truly captured a the 'sleepy little town' vibe, the neighborhood has such a mysterious and relaxed vibe...........(( I have thing for these kind of neighborhoods )).
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

How do you guys decide what goes where when you decorate? I have no skills in that area. Most of my custom hoods have absolutely no hood decor at all, and they look dreadful. That's why I never take pics to show them off. Well, that and I don't know how to do that, of course.

I do love the hood, though. It looks a bit like Victorian London, doesn't it?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:38 PM
1. I place the lots
2. I decide what climate the landscape is
3.I place foliage coinciding with established climate
4. I'm getting hungry, so I shape them akin to a taco
5. After having tastefully () placed the trees, I add rocks and other landmarks.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:51 PM
Thank you all for your lovely comments! :lovestruc
@smorbie1 Yes, that red brick, run down, grimy look was exactly what i was going for!

I have a wealthy family in Lacuna D, called the Nouveau-Riche family. The founder, Worthington, was from a poor background, but made his mark by selling real estate and, later, appliances.

Now, Worthington has retired and just has one business lot- 'Worthington Appliances'- which is located in the small business area of the neighbourhood.

His son, Alaric, runs the business, but poor Alaric isn't very good at it.

You see, Alaric is a family sim who has arts and crafts as his one true hobby. So working in a shop bores him to tears! He'd rather be at home with his children.

Alaric doesn't really know how to tell his father this, as he doesn't want to let him down. He spends a lot of time in the attic, crafting pot holders on the old sewing machine. So now he has put a pot holder- just one- for sale in the shop. Perhaps someone will buy it?

Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 9:55 PM
Poor Alaric. It would be hard to tell his dad he wants to be a house husband. I hope someone buys that lonely little pot holder soon.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Link Ninja
#18 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 8:38 PM
I feel like Alaric could have some side shady business going on. He kinda looks like a mobster lol. Maybe pot holders will be outlawed, this causes a demand for them, and he has to deliver to meet the needs of the people. Though why would they possibly outlaw potholders you ask? Because the pan industry wants the pot industry to go down! People won't be able to handle pots as well as pans without their precious potholders. Muahahaa!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
Thanks for the sympathies for Alaric!

@smorbie1 No-one bought a pot holder in that session, I'll see if he can try some sales techniques next time!

@Charmful I love the idea of Alaric being a mobster! But I think he's maybe too soft? His daughter on the other hand, she has a LTW of reaching top of the criminal career.

More snow today:

And some smustle! You can see some of the silly outfits I give the townies, the bearded guys are Nigel Farage and H.G. Wells.

Then the snow melted for a while, and as it is spring in the house I was playing i could see some leaves on the trees!
Link Ninja
#20 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:31 PM
Ok so maybe Alaric's daughter-spawn will find the new law atrocious and how much it hurts her father's passion for making potholders (now that they are contraband in the eyes of the law - hypothetically - if the pan industry ends up getting its way) and then she will turn her father's pot holder legacy into an organized crime syndicate that delivers illegal potholders to the citizens of Lacuna Delta that just want to handle pots without burning their fingers or tables. That's a springboard for a criminal career!

Also your viking guy is epic!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 10:51 PM
@Charmful
You have the best ideas!

The viking guy is one of my favourites, he had a makeover the other day:

Ah, yes- much better!
Theorist
#22 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:24 PM
@simsample
I truly love your hoods. I especially like the scenery in your first picture.
Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 11:49 PM
Your game looks so fun! I love that the rich family are the Noveau-Riches lol and I love the silly outfits and hats. Makes me want to give the townies in my legacy/main hood some silly hats to wear.
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 1:16 AM
lol I love all the creative ideas in the thread so far, and the scenery is gorgeous!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:12 AM
Incredibly beautiful hood, indeed.

Page 1 of 3