Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:34 PM Last edited by MistyDW : 15th Nov 2014 at 6:10 PM.
Default Aliens Among Us Part Ii: Discovered
WARNING: This challenge is being released one stage at a time with a few days break between each addition. I'm doing this to allow you a chance to play without cheating and knowing the outcome! If you join late, just start at Stage One but don't read ahead and spoil it!

SEGWAY: If you played my original ALIENS AMONG US challenge and you still have your character, yay for you! I doubt many still do! If not, go back to the original challenge (here ) and read (or re-read) it for guidelines on how your island should be set up and what state everything should be in at the conclusion of that challenge. Create your main character and his/her family and move them into Kent Castle (which should now be named after your character’s last name instead of Kent). There are lots of great islands on the exchange you can use. I originally used the Isle of Kent but when I tried to re-download it, I had issues. I ended up using a small island with a medieval or “old world” feel to it. Keep in mind your character has an unusual hair and eye color (and that will come into play here). Let’s get this party started! Part II!

NARRATIVE: You’ve overcome much but there is still much to conquer before you can finally rest. Your past efforts and love for your fellow survivors has cast you into a leadership role. You are now the king/queen of the island and you are personally responsible for the well-being of each citizen. A few months have passed since your ordeal with the Kent family and everything seems to be going smoothly. You are well loved by your people and you have tried to instill that same devotion in your children who will someday assume your role as monarch. Still, you are uneasy as neither seem prepared to fill your role. One child is loving and kind, but often lacks a sense of direction. The other is a born leader but has a colder demeanor. One has your hair color, the other your eye color, neither has both. What would happen if you were suddenly not in the picture? You push the thought out of your mind as you prepare for bed. The night air seems particularly chilly and the wind howls as it beats against your window. You put the finishing touches on the document you’ve been writing for some time, your will. Feeling that neither of your children are fit to lead long term, you stipulate that upon your death, both children will share the role of monarch until one produces an heir with your hair and eye color. This child will be the true heir to the throne. You lay out instructions on how the heir is to be taught and what role both of your children will play in his or her upbringing. Once the heir becomes a young adult, he/she will become the new monarch. Satisfied with your work, you roll the parchment up and place it in the nearby wall safe.

Your spouse throws another heavy blanket on your bed and you both crawl in. Some time passes and you drift off to sleep only to awake at the sound of thunder outside your window. As you reach out to turn on the oil lamp at your bedside, the room illuminates with an all too familiar blue light. Your eyes widen and your heart beats wildly in your chest at the sight of your spouse, now unconscious (or worse) on the floor surrounded by three aliens. They simultaneously turn ominous black eyes in your direction and before you can scream, one waves a hand and an unseen force clutches you by the throat. You struggle against it, desperate for breath, until your world falls to darkness. Welcome to Part II!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
You will need some sort of fighting mod. I found one called violence and aggression but there are others. You need the ability to fight and potentially kill alien sims (or possibly others) in this challenge. The one that I used is here (http://modthesims.info/d/523924).

Master Controller (from NRaas) is almost a must since you will need to set skill levels for certain individuals (unless you want to grind that out yourself).

SET UP YOUR ISLAND:
You are the queen/king of the island. You will want to obtain an island from the exchange or another source. This was the original island from Part I of the challenge (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=4792450) and if you can get it to work, that’s great! I couldn’t so I found something else that I liked here (http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=4709342) and I just replaced the community lot in the middle with a castle. I then added one of each type of community lot unlocked in Part I (restaurant, hospital, school, pub, small church, bookstore, park, grocery store, equestrian center, etc.) You can set this up however you like as long as it has an old world feel to it. At challenge start, the town has expanded its generator system and has added other power sources (I.e. windmills, solar panels) to allow full use of electricity during the daytime only. Between 9pm and 6am, electricity may only be used for lights. Finally, keep in mind this started out as a small community of survivors. Your population at the start of this challenge should be 50. You can lower that number if you want a greater challenge or raise it if you want an easier one. Keep in mind children and babies are not going to be much help until they at least hit teen.

SET UP YOUR CASTLE:
This is a small community. You’re not going to have a massive fortress with marble floors and exquisite tapestries. Your home should be decently decorated but still have that old town feel to it. There are some nice castles on the exchange. You must have at least 4 bedrooms (1 for you, 1 for each of your current children, 1 for the future heir, and 1 or 2 for any non-heir children). You may have one servant to prepare your meals and, if you have it, use master controller to set her cooking skills as high as you like. Any servants require a room or shared quarters of some type. At the end of the day, it should be a large castle but resemble something that stood vacant for a long time until the Kent family (and now your family) took over. Don’t go nuts 

THE ROYAL FAMILY:

Monarch (Older Adult): The monarch is the founding sim from Part I. He or she has been through much and has gained much skill through life experiences. Your monarch may have started out with other traits but time and experience has changed him/or and now possesses the following: Genius, Charismatic, Good, Brave, and Family Oriented.
Once your monarch up and running, you should use Master Controller to set his/her skills as follows:
Cooking – 10 Painting – 10 Guitar (or other instrument) - 10
Logic – 10 Charisma – 10 Horse Riding - 10
Science – 10 Athletic – 10 Gardening & Fishing - 10
As you can see, your monarch is a valuable. All other characters have no starting skills.

Spouse (Older Adult): Honestly the monarch’s spouse is just a supporting role. He or she can have any traits.

Child 1: Your oldest child (young adult) is highly intelligent, very charismatic, and could sell ice to an eskimo, but underneath he/she is self-entitled and heartless. Start traits are genius, evil, ambitious, charismatic, and Snob. He/she starts with your monarch’s hair color.

Child 2: Your younger child (young adult) is the literal complete opposite of his/her older sibling. They have the heart and compassion but generally lacks common sense: Starting traits are Good, Friendly, Childish, Absent Minded, and Family Oriented. He/she has your monarch’s eye color.

Note: If you haven’t figured it out yet, the first child has your monarch’s intelligence and charisma while the second child has your monarch’s heart.

The Heir: The heir is the grandchild of the monarch and has his/her hair and eye color. Hair color must be a match (meaning a child that has part of the hair color is not an heir). The heir must earn his traits (like a badge of honor). More on this later. If possible, using testing cheats or master controller to remove all traits and give them to the heir as they are earned.

The Non-Heirs: The first child will have no interest in his non-heir children. The second will love all his/her children regardless but due to room constraints, may agree to send them to the nursery (mentioned below).

Your Children: Both are young adults (think of it as Child 1 is 20 and Child 2 is 18) and the monarch and his wife are older adults (mid 40s). You may have to make the children teens and age them up in game as it often doesn’t like to give you the option to make an older adult the parent of a young adult).

GAMEPLAY:
You can set seasons as you see fit (for now). Pets are allowed (as horseback is the only method of travel other than by foot). Money is not really an issue in this challenge so feel free to use cheats (or not if you want to up the complexity). You may not travel to the future, other countries, or university. You’re stuck on an island in a post-apocalyptic world. The alien nation has taken control of 75% of the world at this point. Where would you go?

Additionally, aging up should be set as follows:
Infant 1 Day
Toddler 7 Days
Child 14 Days
Teen 14 Days
Young Adult 30 Days
Older Adult 30 Days
Senior 30 Days

STAGE ONE: AND SO IT BEGINS – [3 DAYS]
Welcome to Stage One! This stage takes place in two parts. You may start with either or play them simultaneously. This stage takes place over 3 sim days. Regardless of where you are at that point, the challenge will advance to Stage 2. If you play them separately, while you are playing Part 1 you can unlock the monarch and spouse cells from Part 2 and let them take care of their food needs, etc. Up to you.

(1) The Monarch is Missing! – Your children awake to discover their parents gone and their room ransacked. Your elder child investigates and discovers evidence of an alien presence while the younger sobs in a corner. An argument erupts between them and accusations fly. Suddenly, both recall their parents telling them about the will. The elder child was given the will’s location while the younger was given the combination. The two work together to locate the hidden safe and unlock it. The elder child removes the will and places it on the monarch’s desk. Both read it together and their jaws drop. The elder clenches his fist, angered at being tossed aside as the true heir and the younger sibling insists that this was their father/mother’s final wish and they would adhere to it.

a. Elder Child - During this phase, the elder child takes over security by recruiting a guardsman for the castle (new sim whose athletic skill may be set to 10) and building a guard tower in town. Decide how many townspeople to turn into guards (choose from 1-8). He also chooses a bride (with little regard for her wishes) and marries her. With his child as the heir, he will receive a greater share of authority than his sister and he’d be damned if that flake gets the heir first. You can use cheats and master controller to more or less force whoever you pick into becoming his wife.

b. Younger Child – During phase one, the younger of your two children is concerned about the impact your vanishing has had on the people. She will build a public town hall where the people can meet and discuss their concerns with her and she can reassure them and keep morale up. Obviously you cannot be there at every moment so you will need to convert townspeople to advisors (choose from 1-8). Unlike her brother, she will not force someone to marry her but she has no issue with taking a lover to help produce the heir or marrying someone as long as they have their own free will. She is also concerned about having the heir as she does not want the heir to be raised by her hateful brother. You may not use cheats or mods when finding a lover or spouse for her.

Note* Please keep in mind the number you choose is counting toward your overall population. If you go overboard now, you may not have the townspeople you need for other roles in future stages. On the other hand, the decisions you make now will affect future stages (i.e. if you staff your tower with one guard, you’re not going to be very prepared for an attack later). Once a citizen is trained to do a job there will not be time to change your mind and train them to do another job.

Guards - Set their athletic skill to 7
Advisors - Set their logic to 7

Also, the race for the heir is ongoing (as getting one with the hair and eye color of a grandparent is going to take a while). The two children can begin trying for baby as soon as they have a partner. You may (if you wish) create a house in town for your non-heir children (i.e. a nursery) and when those children become teens, they can be assigned as a usual citizen. You can assign one of your townsfolk as the caretaker.

Also, just because one child gets the heir the other should not stop trying. You never know what can happen

There will be a new section called HEIR RAISING added with the release of Stage Two.

(2) Your monarch awakes on the floor of a bare room bathed in that eerie blue light. Your spouse is nowhere to be found. You struggle to your feet, your head still pounding from the night before. Your immediate thoughts are of your family and kingdom’s safety. You hear a low pitched rattling sound coming from above you. You glance up to see that your cell spans two stories and the second story is covered in windows. Two aliens stare down at you, conversing back and forth in a language that sounds little more than clicks and murmurs as they observe your movements. Why are you here? Why didn’t they just kill you and get it over with? You turn around observing your surroundings. A sliding glass door is the only point of entry. You approach and place you hand on the glass confident that it is locked. As soon as your fingertips graze the surface a sharp jolting pain stabs through your body knocking you to the ground. Some sort of force field? The clicks and murmurs continue above and you wonder if they are laughing at you now. Your stomach churns from hunger and there isn’t food. You won’t give them the satisfaction of watching you squirm so you seat yourself on the floor of the corner directly beneath them (impeding their view, forcing them to move to another vantage point) and you wait without making a sound. An hour passes, and then another and you remain silent. The lack of water has left your mouth pasty and your stomach seems to be eating itself. The glass door to your cell slides open and two aliens enter, waving slender rods which you recognize from the war as delivering electric shocks. They stand before you as another wheels in a cart containing some form of food and liquid. All three back out of the room and the door slides shut and locks with a beep followed by a hum which must be the force field you encountered earlier. You examine the objects from your sitting position and recognize the meal as macaroni and cheese accompanied by a pitcher of cold water. There is a possibility they could be trying to poison you but they seem more intent on observing you than killing you.

Note*: Create a small clinic on your island (the clinic referenced in the original challenge). At the moment, everyone else believes the clinic is being manned by a local couple. The truth is, there were aliens among you on your journey to the island back in Part I of this challenge. Two aliens that were separated from their group and lived among you as normal sims. While you were taking over the island, they took over the clinic you used to run before the town built a hospital. They were immediately intrigued by the fact that you did not appear to be a normal human (odd hair color and eye color) and have come to some conclusions that they will now test. Each day you will be given a challenge. The results of your responses will be shared in the next challenge.

The clinic should now contain 3 cells. The first floor of the facility contains a kitchen, bathroom, and the first floor of the 3 cells. The second floor contains living quarters for the aliens and the 2nd floor of the 3 cells which is completely encased in windows; however, one cell has no way of seeing into another. The first cell is for the monarch. The second is a staging area for different challenges, and the third houses the monarch’s spouse. The monarch and spouse receive two meals a day (breakfast and dinner). The monarch and spouse cells contain a single hospital-like (or futuristic) bed, a toilet that is completely exposed, a shower, a desk with chair, and a bookshelf (for entertainment). The middle cell is vacant for now. Also, add a nursery somewhere in the clinic with the baby essentials (more on that in Stage Two).

The Aliens – There are now a total of 5 Aliens. The two original (set them to older adult) and their three grown children (young adult). Use master controller to set their logic and athletic skills to 9. Give one a cooking skill of 5 for now.

Day 1 – To eat or not to eat. You have to decide how often your monarch will eat. There may be something hidden in the food or there may not be. You decide. You may choose to let your monarch and/or spouse die from starvation if you like. Make sure to write town how many meals your monarch consumed in the 3 day period.

Day 2 – Stage the empty cell with a chess table and chairs and one of your aliens. Play 3 games and make a note of who wins. Your monarch can refuse but doing so will mean his or her spouse will only get a piece of fruit to eat for the entire day.

Day 3 – Stage the cell area with three aliens. Set the monarch’s feelings for them to enemy and initiate a fight. If the monarch does not initiate the fight then the aliens will. The monarch will fight each alien separately (using the fight option, not the aggression and violence option). Write down the outcomes.

Stage One is now complete! Stage Two will be released in a few days. Enjoy!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:27 AM
I have to say, these challenges are really looking like something I'd want to do, but my TS3 is not cooperating. So I have a question. Can I tweak parts 1 and 2 to fit in TS2?

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by imarock79
I have to say, these challenges are really looking like something I'd want to do, but my TS3 is not cooperating. So I have a question. Can I tweak parts 1 and 2 to fit in TS2?

You cam tweak my challenges however you like
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
The next part of this challenge will be out by the weekend. I tried to break up a dog fight and got bit through the finger on my dominant hand so i am a little delayed adding the next part...hard to type
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
So... the next part is coming out never? its been 12 months since the last posting where did you go Misty D: your challenges were always amazing.