Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 6:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default objects -to delete or not to delete
Something I noticed is that deleting dropped objects seems to be bad/can cause glitches/problems. I'm very thankful to Pescado for providing the Stuck Object Remover for floor tiles that have invisible objects still registered ontop them -that seems to wipe them out.
Are there certain dropped objects that should Not be deleted because they are known to cause bugs/stuckiness? I never delete homework, mail, or tamper with the mailbox/trashbin. What about these:
  • milk bottles
  • smart milk bottles
  • dirty dishes
  • full potty chair
  • toddler toys
  • espresso cups
  • newspapers

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:39 PM
@swillfly : I've never had any trouble after deleting toddler toys or a full potty chair.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 7:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM.
^ Same. Not sure about the other objects, but I have deleted a few, usually when they cause bugs/stickiness or when I can't bother having a sim running around cleaning up.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
@swillfly
I am sure I never had problems with dirty dishes and newspapers. I can't remember trying the other objects so I can't help there.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM
I delete baby bottles all the time. I grab them in inventory mode, I hit delete. If by milk bottle, you meant baby ones? then they are safe.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 1:23 AM
I delete toddler toys constantly.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 1:33 AM
Never had any issue with any of those. Certainly never delete the mail box -your sims will vanish, nor the bin/trash can; anything else is fair game even homework.

gazania, moving out your playable clears the lot of dormies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 2:15 AM
I've deleted all of those with no problems. As a matter of fact, if sims don't have a sink, they will throw the dishes and coffee cups in the trash themselves. They must think dishes are free and come out of thin air. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 3:15 AM
Thx all! The bottles/toys that cause invisible object remainders seem to be baby bottles tossed by the nanny onto a porch/foundation/elevated area.. and I burninated them with Pescado's Stuck Object Remover. Then I can bulldoze/remove the elevated area.

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Never had any issue with any of those. Certainly never delete the mail box -your sims will vanish

What?? I had no idea that deleting a mail box can cause your sims to vanish! How is that so? :O
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:32 AM
The mail box is essential to the running of a residential lot, its connected to the lot portals. Why the sims vanish I don't know, only that they do and your lot will be in buy and build mode. You can get the sims back by simply moving the whole household back out to the family bin then use a buyable mail box on the lot before moving them back in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~