Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims sleep?
Is there any way to get my sims to sleep in beds even with high or full energy? It's so annoying that whenever I need them to sleep for movie or photography purposes I ahve to have them run around or excersice. As I often use maxmotives so i can create stuff, come night, tehy are always way too high energy to sleep.
Is there any way to get them to sleep in their beds regardless of the energy level?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:35 AM
You can manipulate their motives directly with the testingcheats on. When I'm doing a project of some kind, as opposed to ordinary gameplay, I always have them on, so I can drag the needs up and down as often as I need to. You can also do this with relationship bars, manipulate aspiration levels by clicking wants and fears to fill them, and a number of other cool things. Having the testing cheats on will mean getting a notification every time something glitches in the game, and my favorite play neighborhood is corrupt as heck and throws errors constantly, so I only have it on when I need it; but as long as you don't experiment unwisely having them on is not dangerous and many have it in their user startup cheats and never play without it.

To turn on the testingcheats, open the neighborhood and - from neighborhood view - open the cheat window and enter boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. Then enter the household you're working in and start exploring options.

For photographs, especially staged ones, it is often useful to turn free will off in your game settings when you need them to stand still. There's also things called pose boxes, and a freezer clock, which people who stage photos get a lot of use out of.

Bear in mind also that you will be able to arrange your photographs in any order you like, so if you're telling a story you may want to shoot scenes out of order, as movie makers do IRL, to take advantage of conditions at a certain time, or avoid going from one set to another.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)