Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:12 AM Last edited by leontinees : 13th Feb 2020 at 6:19 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default An issue moving in apartments
Hello! Now this is, at least that I can remember, the first time it happened (because if not, I woud already know how to solve it).

I made an apartment building for some of my sims to live in, 6 slots. Everything was perfect. No error nor mistake nor anything missing popped up. Info said there were in fact 6 apartments. However, when I started moving people in, only four sims (four slots) were able to. Then only fuse families together was allowed, even if the other two are still vacant. I cleared the character folder, so only my own sims remained to make sure NOBODY was asking for the two free doors; I also tried to move by different order, or different apartments in that building. No matter what I do, I can't fill the six sims into the six apartments!

Just why? I believe in the past I was able to move even 8x8, and now can't 6x6?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:57 AM
You can only have up to four playable families in an apartment. Any left over apartments are filled by social townies.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 10:03 AM
Possibly you're remembering dorms, or a pre AL setup using dorm doors to mimic apartments? Dorms have normal household sizes.

So do apartment units; but the limit of four playable households is one no one has been able to hack to date.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)