Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 7:20 PM
Default Romantic interactions always fail AFTER 6/23/16 patch
I've found a really annoying bug/glitch (hopefully) causing the game to be semi-unplayable. Any help fixing would be great.

My sim Terrance Rowland hasn't been able to romance any woman in the game. He had a couple bars with Bella Goth before I updated my game with the latest patch and now he's lost the little with Bella and since become disliked by all the GT townies, all the base game townies, random townies, sims I've created, sims I've gotten from the gallery, and sims I cheated a romance with. Haven't tried with guys in the area yet (for story purposes, that's not the way I'd like him to go). It also seems that friendship is harder to gain. He spent three sim hours talking to Mila Munch and they're still only aquintaccens.

Any ideas on fixes?

Note: the only script mods I have: MC Command Center and Drop out of highschool and get a real job. Anything else in my game is just CC.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 9:20 PM
if you take out the mods you have, does it still do that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
if you take out the mods you have, does it still do that?

Yes, it still does. One or two things worked, but didn't bring up the love bar.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
Yes, it still does. One or two things worked, but didn't bring up the love bar.

I use this to raise/lower the relationship bars and it works great: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:34 AM
Mine is working fine, just had a couple meet and now they are married. Not sure what is causing your game to do that. I would suggest removing everything Clear cache restart game. Then slowly add mods and cc back in, as something is causing your game to react this way. I dont use MC command centre or the other mod you have listed. I do however have a ton of other mods.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 7:36 PM
It sounds like you MUST have some other mod installed somewhere. I think mummy had a great suggestion.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 2:32 PM
I haven't had any issues either so I second what others have said. Go through and clean out all the cache files and so on and try with no mods then add back in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 2:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try playing the game without mods (see my above post) and still really couldn't manage to get any romance. I will, however, go through and try playing without some of my mods to see if that'll fix the problem, or at least make the game semi-playable.
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try playing the game without mods (see my above post) and still really couldn't manage to get any romance. I will, however, go through and try playing without some of my mods to see if that'll fix the problem, or at least make the game semi-playable.

Remove your Whole Mods Folder, run the game, Exit game and clear cache then run game again. Then before adding any mods back Script or otherwise, make sure you have checked that you have latest updates (to the mods that you are adding back). You have something left in your mods folder that is out of date and unless you remove everything and slowly add back to see what is causing the problem then no one can help you.