Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Seewolf : 28th Jun 2016 at 9:21 PM. Reason: forgot WCIF in the title
Default WCIF A Medieval version of a computer - like a fortuneteller Glasball and other stuff.
Hello

Hell, I don't even know, if Objects is the right category. Might as well be a mod to my knowlegde. Well thats, what I'm looking for. A nice replacement for a computer.
Best, if it doesn't have a write novel - or any write stuff options. Since you can't write with a glasball, just chat and look for places. *cough* but that writing thing is not necessary. I'm happy as long as the 'Computer' is out of my medieval world. Uh... maybe I should mention the other replacements to, since I wonder if they a) exist and b) wouldn't make my world so much more prettier.

Since I would like to actually see a sim writing and not typing, there would be also a replacement for writing a novel. If I remember correctly, something like that exists, in the game? Like writing a loveletter? This one could be used as a replacement for writing a novel on computer. But that would be a mod, wouldn't it? Hu... hell if I know. Still have not enough experience to say, if it would be a object, a XML-filesomething or even something belonging into the Override.

The mobilphone in the backpack is bad enough. Hope to find a replacement for that too. Perhabs a Cage of doves. I saw a cage of doves as a replacement for a postbox somewhere. But somebody took out the birds - how sad. That one wouldn't be to bad, if it would be a telefonreplacement on a table or in the backpack, going guruguruguru everytime, a phone is surposed to ring. Oh yeah... that was speach of german doves *G* if someone wonders, that doves don't make guruguru - I don't really know the english version *G*

Well thats that for now
Thank you for your help and comments
Seewolf
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:33 PM
For the crystal ball-like pc:
http://modthesims.info/d/445312

For an alternative for writing novels:
http://modthesims.info/d/422974

Happy simming.
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:41 PM
For the computer, you have several options:
From Lunasims, there is a book that's actually a comptuer. You'll have to look for it in this MEGA folder (taken from thesimstomb). It's located in luna > separated > luna16 > nuevas mezclas con libros de luna (luna_libro laptop).
Crystal Ball Computer by Esmeralda
Dragon Crystal Ball Kit Computer by MajikGoldy

For writing:
Scribbling Pad by Buzzler. I don't know if there is something more medieval looking out there?

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen a medieval phone replacement? But, Arsil made a No Cellphone script mod. It was never truly released and I don't know its official status, but I've used it in Praaven and in challenges without problems I could report. That's one work around?

Edit: Sorry, once again, posting things in the longest post possible when someone else just did it in a very concise way...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:13 AM
Thank you so much, guys I will see, if I find something to my liking there *and on her way to happy simming - with a big fat grin*