Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 2:49 PM
Default What do most of your Sims die from?
I'm wondering what do most of your Sims die from? Do you try to encourage "accidental deaths" like having untrained Sims work on electronics, or mysterious walls around swimming pools? Do you try to save hapless Sims from meteor showers and fires, or just kindof say "naww, this feels right". Or do you kindof let nature takes it's course and let them die from old age?

I usually do the latter, because I want to see which Sim lives the longest. The downside is my lot is always 8-full and it takes forever to get new slots open.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:01 PM
Force Kill or Total Annihilation. I always play aging off and upgrade all appliances. If the sims die from a meteor or fire I just tell them die. It was meant to happen I guess.
Theorist
#3 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:14 PM
My towns are carefully planned in terms of what relationships and jobs my sims have. I don't let them die from anything.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:37 PM
Mine all die from old age. Accidents seem to happen very, very rarely, and never unless I somehow intervene (e.g. having a singed sim repair electronics). Back when TS3 came out I had Sims dying of electrocution, starvation or drowning, but now it never happens anymore. There's very little chaos overall, even if I let Sims do what they want.

As for meteor deaths, I totally let them do what they want, whether it's gawking at the sky or running away :D

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:35 PM
So far I had one die of old age.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:53 PM
I don't kill my sims anymore. The last time one of my Sims died was when a meteor came out of nowhere, in the middle of the night, and killed my werewolf after he had body slammed a horse(with the violence and aggression mod). I turned off my game after that.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Site Helper
#7 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 11:08 PM
Getting tired of the neighborhood and not playing it anymore

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#8 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 11:22 PM
Boredom (mine) aka start a new save.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Scholar
#9 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:06 AM
Human statue... I dont have showtime but i use nraas. Human statue is the only ghost form that actually makes me think "ghost" rather than "floating jello in shape of human".
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:18 AM
Fire.

I had one random paparazzi follow me through a tomb and he idly walked into a fire trap and burned to death. I also randomly caused fires with my witches out of boredom; ended up killing a robot and a descendant of mine in the future, which sent me back to the present somehow. I've killed at least 2 sims in Moonlight Falls with fire all over the map. I've only had one instance of electrocution with the repairman, and I drowned 3 mothers in a pool so my teens were orphans.

Bit of a shame though, I kinda wish I had some random meteor deaths that everyone else keeps experiencing (I've never had a meteor crash at all while I played).
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 1:24 AM
I've only had 2 recent deaths including death by vending machine and my sim peed in front of a TV then made a failed attempt to repair it (I don't know if the pee puddle made him more likely to be electrocuted but..) and after he got singed, he decided to continue repairing that TV... Damn free will...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:06 AM
Old Age, pretty much exclusively.
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 4:59 AM
Fire it seems like every stove bursts into flames at least once and one family member always dies in the fire because there is no way to force a sim to obey your command to leave the house and wait for the firemen. Instead they run into the middle of the fire and panic. it has happened at least once on every file I play. I now use a mod to lower the price of lifetime rewards so I can get the fireproof homestead as quickly as possible.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:24 AM
Electrocution. Usually because I made the sim try to repair the dishwasher while there was a puddle around, ahaha.

I once killed a sim by fire for storytelling purposes. I felt really, REALLY bad.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Mine all die from old age. Accidents seem to happen very, very rarely, and never unless I somehow intervene (e.g. having a singed sim repair electronics). Back when TS3 came out I had Sims dying of electrocution, starvation or drowning, but now it never happens anymore. There's very little chaos overall, even if I let Sims do what they want.

Same here – almost only old age, with the rare electrocution. I'm genuinely confused when people talk about leaving their game running unattended for 15-30 minutes or so, and then returning to multiple deaths ... Are their games set up differently than mine somehow?

There was actually one time where I experienced a third type of death, when I caused a plumbot in Oasis Springs to burn up. When I noticed that I could challenge it to divide by zero, I just had to try it out. It was fun seeing the robot catch fire – I imagined that its processors fried trying to solve the problem – but hadn't quite expected it to burn to death. It was only a while later that I learned that the divide by zero challenge actually comes from University Life, and doesn't really have anything to do with the plumbots and their circuitry. I did feel a bit bad about it, even if it was just a soulless machine that "died".
Alchemist
#17 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 12:18 PM
I check the population's age in town with MC every night. If I see them past the normal age (> 91), I'd force kill them with random death.

The reason I do this is because I don't want the cemetery to be full of plain, boring, old age ghosts. I want cemetery full of colorful ghosts and various tombstones.

So far there were only 2 legitimate deaths by meteor. I was pretty crushed when that happened... to random townies.

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#18 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 2:45 PM
Most of them die from old age. There's the occasional meteor or fire but I never kill my Sims on purpose. If it happens, I'll save anyway, but it makes me sad to kill these people I invested so much time in. I've never had any Sims dying from electrocution or drowning. I think you have to do it on purpose for Sims to die drowning...
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:08 PM
I'm finally getting around to using NRaas' assassination career in my seedy Devil's Port neighborhood. The child from one of my main families is moving there to teach in the inner city and change the world. I've set assassinations to autonomous and I'm also using the violence and aggression mod there as well as some other NSFW mods to set up cartels and prostitution rings. Basically anyone is fair game and can be killed autonomously so I'm not getting too attached and will just sit back and watch the show play out and see how long that poor kid survives.

In my main hoods -- I have 3 that I play rotationally with ever expanding generations of families -- all my Sims die of old age unless they are random spawned aliens or elders who just won't die. Then I use the Force Kill.
Instructor
#20 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 3:17 PM
By Death Note. (It's a mod, can be dowloaded from MTS here: http://modthesims.info/d/498188 ) Usually I have one evil child or teen sim per neighborhood and he/she can use the Death Note book. I'm cruel like Real Life itself.
I would prefer something more "natural" though, like car accident, or illnessess... I just couldn't find good mods for that so far.
Scholar
#21 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 7:41 PM
My sims do not die. They cease to exist because of deleted savefiles. But I mostly don't let them die, unless it's accidental death. I think the last death I had... was fire? Or electrocution. But if I'm creating NPC families that I have with a minor 'story' in mind, I use Force Kill. Like I kill the mother of a toddler, whose grandparents will raise her now after mom's death.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:03 AM
Inactivity. That is I grow bored with one family and start playing another in the same neighborhood. Then I get a notice from Story Progression that they died some time later.

I've had a few drownings and one case of burning to death, but even when I try to have them live dangerously, it's rare to see one actually die.
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:57 AM
My wrath or my amusement.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.