Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2016 at 6:51 PM
Monster Night Light not working?
In the latest patch that added the monster under the bed, it also added a wall light that's suppose so keep the monster from spawning under the child's bed. Has anyone else found that it doesn't actually do that? I have two child aged Sims who are constantly woke up by the monster, especially my Gloomy little artist, which in turns means they wake up every adult in the house with their begging for them to 'spray' the monster away. So I got fed up and bought the new monster defender light, stuck one in each of their rooms and thought that was it. Only it wasn't, because both were visited by monsters that night. So I thought maybe the lights were too far from the bed, too high up on the walls, so I moved them closer and lower. The same night, monsters showed up again! I'm starting to feel like these lights are luring the damn creatures under the bed instead of scaring them away.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
In the latest patch that added the monster under the bed, it also added a wall light that's suppose so keep the monster from spawning under the child's bed. Has anyone else found that it doesn't actually do that? I have two child aged Sims who are constantly woke up by the monster, especially my Gloomy little artist, which in turns means they wake up every adult in the house with their begging for them to 'spray' the monster away. So I got fed up and bought the new monster defender light, stuck one in each of their rooms and thought that was it. Only it wasn't, because both were visited by monsters that night. So I thought maybe the lights were too far from the bed, too high up on the walls, so I moved them closer and lower. The same night, monsters showed up again! I'm starting to feel like these lights are luring the damn creatures under the bed instead of scaring them away.

I'm almost always using autolights, so I had the same problem. Is your light on or off during the night? If you keep the light on the monster can't come, but if you turn it off it's useless.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valentine1971
I'm almost always using autolights, so I had the same problem. Is your light on or off during the night? If you keep the light on the monster can't come, but if you turn it off it's useless.

I use autolights too, which is what I thought my problem was at first as well. So I made sure they were turned on, and still the monster shows up 2 or 3 times a nigh. My poor Sim children are going to have to start sleeping in tents just so they aren't exhausted everyday
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:55 AM
Have you seen the newest downloads? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579595

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlindingEchoes
I use autolights too, which is what I thought my problem was at first as well. So I made sure they were turned on, and still the monster shows up 2 or 3 times a nigh. My poor Sim children are going to have to start sleeping in tents just so they aren't exhausted everyday

Dont use auto lights... You need to manually turn the lamp on. I just leave mine on, but you can auto lights for everything else just not the monster light (unless you want the kids up all night )