Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 10:33 PM
Default Looking for 2 mods, does it exist ?
Hi, i just wonder for 2 mods, if this would exist :
I don't exaclty know what keyword i should use to find it because it is hard to describe.

- I am looking for a mod that would stop the creation of new non-playable familyes in my world(my save), i want to play only with the families that i created, so it's disturbing because i always have to go to delete them. Can i stop them to appeare with a mod ?

-I would like a make harder to progress in skill because i dont like this type of situation :
- My sims cooks 2 dinners, just because he is hungry, and he is now almost lv2 in cooking skill.
- My sims is chatting with an other, and he is now lv2 in charisma or "the joke skill"
Of cours it would be better if the mod can make the skill harder in theses situations, not when i want to progress by myself (when reading book for example).

Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Nalia : 4th Oct 2015 at 5:55 PM.
The stupid spawning of non-playable Sims is because of story progression. If there is/there will be a mod about disabling it altogether I'd be more than delighted to fry all non-playable Sims once and for all.

P.S. In TS3 they had introduced, at some point, the option to disable story progression, but didn't work that well. It was Twallan's mods which solve the problem.
Inventor
#3 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 1:21 AM
Well first this should be in WCIF and it will probably be moved there later but for mods that stop the generating of townies Deaderpool's Master Control mod should do the thing. It can be found on here.

Check out my Simblr
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgaga3
-I would like a make harder to progress in skill because i dont like this type of situation :
- My sims cooks 2 dinners, just because he is hungry, and he is now almost lv2 in cooking skill.
- My sims is chatting with an other, and he is now lv2 in charisma or "the joke skill"
Of cours it would be better if the mod can make the skill harder in theses situations, not when i want to progress by myself (when reading book for example.

http://modthesims.info/d/541331, BTW this belongs to the WCIF

I need a cigarette
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:12 PM
Moving.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 11:46 PM
Is there a mod that Delet all NPCs / townies?
Iwould really want a world with only sims I made !
Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgaga3
Is there a mod that Delet all NPCs / townies?
Iwould really want a world with only sims I made !

I have tried in a playthrough to do this as well. I used the no culling mod then tried killing off all the townies i didn't make with the handbuzzer murder mod. Broke the crap out of that savefile. My whole town was empty. No sims were ever home when i went to visit no matter how long i waited. The only place i could go where sims were still showing up is the gym, which was full of my own dopplegangers because they were saved in my library.

I think the MCCommand center will eventually get to a point where we can turn off townie generation and only play with the sims we put in our worlds, i wouldn't count on EA ever adding this feature. For now it's a waiting game. Just fill your library with sims you made and hope that the game uses them instead of making randoms. Also make sure you have a a decent amount of every age group or the game will make those to fill it's lot quota.