Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:11 AM Last edited by nikipaprika : 12th Mar 2018 at 3:46 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Supernatural, University Life
Default Hidden Skills Unhidden mod only one not working?
hello there, i was hoping perhaps someone here could help me.
i recently got a new computer almost a week ago, and have been installing all my games and mods back in.
i have the hidden skills unhidden mod by gobot101, and it was working absolutely fine on my old machine. but since starting a new game on this new pc, i just cannot get this mod to work! all the others work fine, such as nraas master controller, and nointro. i don't think it's an update issue, as it's the same version of TS3 as it was just before i got my new pc. i've tried deleting cache files, deleting and reinstalling the mod, deleting and reinstalling the resource.cfg file, every general troubleshooting thing, and yet this one mod just doesn't seem to activate.

i already looked in the comments of the mod itself for any possible solutions, but it seems the only issues people mentioned were update related from years and years ago, that were eventually resolved.

i'm not sure where else to turn or how to fix it. it's such a great mod especially since i'm running the supernatural expansion pack. it's driving me batty!

can anyone help?

additional info:
Game version: 1.69.43.024017
Resource.cgf (with hidden unhidden mod in folder):
Code:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 8:55 AM
I would suggest doing a test run with only the mod, or maybe only the mod plus NRaas mods, scriptCache.package cleared each time. Sometimes something else stalls during the startup process and prevents the next item or bunch of items from loading with the result that they get skipped over so it may not be the mod itself that's at fault. I have no experience with this particular mod, though.

Also I suspect this is a typo above, but the file should be Resource.cfg not Resiurce.cgf.

If you want to try a fresh Framework, you can download one here. Yours is a little non-standard as it does not allow for an Overrides folder.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I would suggest doing a test run with only the mod, or maybe only the mod plus NRaas mods, scriptCache.package cleared each time. Sometimes something else stalls during the startup process and prevents the next item or bunch of items from loading with the result that they get skipped over so it may not be the mod itself that's at fault. I have no experience with this particular mod, though.

Also I suspect this is a typo above, but the file should be Resource.cfg not Resiurce.cgf.

If you want to try a fresh Framework, you can download one here. Yours is a little non-standard as it does not allow for an Overrides folder.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

yeah it was a typo, sorry about that. and that's unusual... i was originally using the exact same framework that you linked when the mod wasn't working, which brought me to the "Package Files: Not Working!" page, where there is a different resource.cfg to try, and is the one i copy pasted in there.

however, did as you said, put in a fresh framework again, and tried running the mod on it's own, and it totally worked! i then deleted the scriptcache again and re-added the other mods and it's still working! i'm not sure how that even worked but i'm glad it did, thank you very much!