Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 180 (Who?), Viewed: 10444 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 8 of 8
Forum Resident
#176 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
When the Curious family were using the telescopes as a group, my first thought was, "Can multiple people get abducted at the same time?" lol

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#177 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 21st Oct 2017 at 9:37 PM.
@AliaD85 As far as I know only one can be Abducted at once.

@simsmaple I make a practice to pretty much always use smartmilk, but I pretty much always manage to get the toddlers taught to walk and taught to talk and potty trained. The order that I most always approach it is teach to walk and then talk and then potty train.

@Charmful like simsample wrote the Curious Family house comes with two tvs, I just left that part of the house the way it was.

I did make a lot of changes to the Curious Family House, and so here are some pictures that help show what I did and how the house looks now.

Top down view ground floor.

Top down view second floor.

I wanted to note that sometimes I make my Sims Star Gaze and sometimes they do it on their own, the same with Painting or playing a musical instrument.

I love to have my Sims abducted so I make it so there is an opportunity for that to happen.

So with all that in mind here is the Curious Family doing some more SkyGazing.

No one Abducted so far.

Since a couple of the Curious Children are going to become Teens soon, Xena adopted another Alien Child this one is a girl named Moira O'Donal.

Lisa O'Donal and Eduardo Sharpe are going to go steady.

I love how Lisa autonomously gives Eduardo a noogie.

Naturally it is time for another Birthday in the Curious Family and I usually throw a Party, and this is no exception.

First we have Scarlet Bratford having her Birthday.

Next we have Emma with her Birthday.

Xena has earlier adopted another Alien Child named Moira O'Donal and here we have her doing some painting.

Soon it is Vidcund's Time.

Some more SkyGazing, this time it is Scarlet and Emma.

Xena Adopts Another Alien, this time it is a Toddler, named Jade.

Here she is being taught to walk.

That is all for now, I will be posting more soon, most likely sometime early Monday. Well early Pacific Time.

I hope that every one is enjoying my look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM
The first time I saw an autonomous noogie, I had to laugh. It was when my teen Tanit walked outside to greet Julia, who was walking by the house at a time when Tanit wanted to make new friends. She basically introduced herself, got some pink hearts about Julia, and then gave her a noogie. Interesting way to let a girl know you like her! Julia was not impressed at the time, though she and Tanit eventually ended up as a couple.

Emma grew into a pretty girl, and I love Jade's bright hair.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#179 Old Yesterday at 3:56 PM
@Cher64 thanks for your comments, I appreciate them. Emma being pretty is basically her having good Genetics in the game, but Jade's hair I can take credit for as I gave it to her.

I get autonomous noogies when the sim is Grouchy I think and they are fun to watch especially when between teenage lovers. Never have I done one by design. I think they are only available if a teen?

Today we start out with Scarlet playing the Guitar upstairs.

My Sims like to play music autonomously and I encourage it by buying the instruments when I can.

Jade O'Donal is being taught to Talk.

Now Jade is being Potty Trained.

Next we have a Series of Birthdays coming up in the Curious Family.

Starting with Moira O'Donal becoming a Teen.

Soon Jade O'Donal is having her Birthday and growing up to be a Child.

Next We have the Curious Girls having their Birthday and becoming Teens.

This is Mina Curious

This is Monica Curious, her twin sister.

As far as I can recall all of the Birthday Parties went well, I have figured out how to have Birthday Parties go well every time. When I started playing I didn't understand how to do them and I failed all of the time, now I like to throw them even more because I was so bad at them at first. I hope that my reasoning makes sense.

Well you know I have to have some more of my sims do some sky gazing, yes?

This is Moira O'Donal SkyGazing

Ahh here is Lazlo getting Saved from Death.

That is all for today.

I have a lot more to show you all so come back frequently and check for the next installment.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this look at the Curious Family of Strangetown.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#180 Old Yesterday at 4:18 PM
Poor Vidcund, farewell my friend!

What lucky escapes for Laslo and Samantha. A shame that Jade was upstaged as she was ageing up, though!

I really like how you've extended the Curious lot- I never know what to do with it, although I love the original design, but it's easy to outgrow.

How many sims are in this household now? I notice that your sims adopt quite a lot- it's something I want to do more in my game.

Great pictures and I enjoyed reading @lordtyger9 !
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#181 Old Yesterday at 7:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Poor Vidcund, farewell my friend!

What lucky escapes for Laslo and Samantha. A shame that Jade was upstaged as she was ageing up, though!

I really like how you've extended the Curious lot- I never know what to do with it, although I love the original design, but it's easy to outgrow.

How many sims are in this household now? I notice that your sims adopt quite a lot- it's something I want to do more in my game.

Great pictures and I enjoyed reading @lordtyger9 !

@simsample I don't know exactly how many Sims are in the household at the point in which I posted. Everything is already done, I am posting the results in stages mostly because I have so very many pictures. I am going to try to come up with a number thoough so I am going to say 9 or 10. Plus some pets as well, I think about 3 or 4 cats at this point in time.

I use BO's - Unlimited Sims, it works really well I think.

I do know that I decided to have my Human Looking Servo Xena adopt a fairly large number of Alien Toddlers, Children and Teens. I decided to have her Adopt them in stages as to me that made sense in playing it being easier to manage and in a story line sense it made sense too.

Basically Xena discovers a number of Orphan Alien Children and then decides to Adopt them is the basic story line concept.

This is the first household where I have really went and adopted a lot. I did Adopt 2 Teens of the O'Donal's clan back in the Davis household I think, that was Xena too though. Xena used to live with Chloe (Curious) Davis. Heh see the connection? I come up with connections in my game in a sort of inspired kinda of way, in that I frequently decide to do something based on a whim...but there is some sort connection that I don't always see at first, I just feel like it is a good idea to do a certain thing.

Anyway I decided that I wanted to add some new Aliens and I wanted to have them enter the world by being Adopted by a Female Bot that was activated by Chloe and Lola Curious, and I also decided that I wanted to have Xena move to the Curious House because it was next in my Rotation.

To me Adoption is something that a Servo might want to do, or a same gendered couple might do, and so I thought it would be a good story line for a Female Bot that I had created named Xena. I have another Female Bot named Souxie that I have similar plans for in the future. I don't have very many same gendered couples, just one of two females at the moment and they might just get pregnant in some way.

I think Adoption works great if you have a Story Line reason for a particular sim to be doing it. Also you can have your Adopting Sim adopt a Sim that is Different in some way or another.

As for making better use of the Curious Lot, I decided to do the CFE cheat and flatten everything. I then made the bottom floor a little bit larger, but not all that much. Mostly I just added a second floor, I think most of the Maxis Houses benefit greatly by having a second floor or more added to them. Some of the designs won't take a second floor very well, but a lot of them did. heh it is something I do a lot.

One of the things I am going to try to do is take pictures of the building that the family I am posting about and then include them.
It is part of I am giving people a look at my Sim Family X, kind of thing as it were. I hope that people find it interesting.

Page 8 of 8