Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
No Worlds in the Drop Down
Ok, I did see the other thread where the person was having a similar issue, but theirs was just with store worlds. NONE of my worlds are in my drop down and NONE of my saves are their either. They're still in their folders where they're supposed to be but they're just not showing up. This happened right after I patched up to 1.67. I have tried removing all of my mods to see if it was a conflict and no dice. I'm currently using patch downloader to make sure everything else is up to date. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I've also attached an image to show what I mean on the drop down. There's also nothing listed when you click the options button, it's just blank.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
did you try to apply the latest patch again (1.67)? just in case something went wrong? (or is it what the patch downloader you are using is for?) its only cause patching via the launcher can be incomplete.
did you delete (thus refresh) the caches before re-entering sims 3? => http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files

you could also try the factory reset method: move the sims 3 folder (from my documents) to the desktop and fire the game (it gets recreated then). if everything is normal again you can leave the game retry with your "old sims 3 folder" (better delete the caches - if there are any). if everything is blank again you have to search for cc thats corrupt or maybe even => saves that got corrupted. search in your saves folder if there are ones with .bad ending. you have to delete these. try again if that was the cause. if not - next step would be trying without any of your saves.

you can of course look first if you have any .bad files in your saves and re-patch and fire the game wwith deleted cache files. factory reset comes if this didnt help.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
did you try to apply the latest patch again (1.67)? just in case something went wrong? (or is it what the patch downloader you are using is for?) its only cause patching via the launcher can be incomplete.
did you delete (thus refresh) the caches before re-entering sims 3? => http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files

you could also try the factory reset method: move the sims 3 folder (from my documents) to the desktop and fire the game (it gets recreated then). if everything is normal again you can leave the game retry with your "old sims 3 folder" (better delete the caches - if there are any). if everything is blank again you have to search for cc thats corrupt or maybe even => saves that got corrupted. search in your saves folder if there are ones with .bad ending. you have to delete these. try again if that was the cause. if not - next step would be trying without any of your saves.

you can of course look first if you have any .bad files in your saves and re-patch and fire the game wwith deleted cache files. factory reset comes if this didnt help.

Trying to clear caches right now. I've already done the factory reset method and tried uninstalling and reinstalling my latest expansion.

[Edit] No go on clearing caches. I'm to the point of doing a complete uninstall/reinstall :/ Thank you for your help though
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:18 AM
did you check for .bad saves? maybe its just some save files?

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
did you check for .bad saves? maybe its just some save files?

Oh sorry! I did check to see if there were any. I just did a restore on my computer to hopefully "undo" the patch.