Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 11:04 AM Last edited by BagelTheDog : 8th Jul 2017 at 2:24 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Deleted
DELETED

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:45 PM Last edited by barbarat : 4th Apr 2017 at 5:07 PM.
Hope I am not misunderstanding. I assume it is your The Sims 3 base game disc that is lost, correct? Do you have the TS3EP 11 disc? You need to put the disc in in addition to using the .exe file to launch or try using The No CD Mod.

Perhaps a moot question bu just an afterthought - when you checked the icons at the bottom of the launcher and saw Sims 3 available did you check to make sure it was showing patch 1.67 and not 1.69?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 1:58 AM
The illustration of the folder where the game is installed: What are those 3 folders above the Sims 3 Folder as well as some of the other folders that are not actual Game Install Folders? I can't read them but they might possibly be causing some trouble. Or are they tools you use for some other purpose and if so are you sure you have them in the right folder? The only thing I have in my game installation folder are The Sims 3 and the EP's. Have you tried putting those other folders some place safe and see if the game runs correctly.

I do not know why your game version is only showing 1.62. Before you do anything further you might want to consider installing The 1.67 Superpatch Found Here. The Superpatch often fixes and updates not available in the regular incremental patches.

I forgot to ask earlier: Was the game running okay prior to this happening?

I also asked have you tried loading the game putting the EP11 disc in rather than just clicking on the TS3EP11.exe file to load the game.?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:06 AM
Sorry I thought where you indicated the Base Game was not greyed out your problem was the EP's not being recognized. That is why I suggested trying the No CD Mod. Was the game running okay prior to this happening?

If you go into Control Panel and click on Uninstall A Program are your games showing in there?

Are all of your games on disc or were they downloaded electronically in Origin or from another source? And are they registered?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:46 AM
I'm sorry to cut in and ask this, but I think I see what's happened here. Where did you purchase these game discs? By any chance might this have been The Sims 3 Complete Collection (or something like that), all discs and most of the EA store content available by mail order, not from a retail store?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:49 AM
I'm pretty much at a loss here. If they are showing in the Control Panel they must be installed but perhaps broken some how. I've never heard of a patch uninstalling EP's but that does not mean it's not possible. I was hoping you had the game registered as the game would be in Origin where you could reinstall or contact EA and request a new disc. You might want to contact them to see what they can do for you. Not much can be done without those product codes though.

In the meantime and until someone else comes along with new suggestions you might want to try the Super Patch or is that what you originally used? If not, the SP fixes things in all EP's the regular incremental patches can not. I know I mentioned it before but you might want to see if putting in NRass' No CD Mod will let you run the base game.

Do you have all your other discs? Other than my other suggestions the only thing I can suggest is you might have to reinstall the entire game but will need to get a new Base Game CD.
Sorry I could not be more help.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
I got most of them from retail stores and I did not get the complete collection.

Okay, we can rule that out then. But "most of them" from retail stores, and the remainder that were not from retail stores were from...?

You have a broken installation. Patch 1.62, as displayed on your Launcher was never really viable. It was on the ITF retail discs, but by the time the EP had been released to market Patch 1.63 was already out. Why your game is getting stuck in between patches like that remains a mystery. I think you have two choices.

1 - Try downloading the 1.67 SuperPatcher from scratch and from EA's site, maybe you had a "bad" download, and try running it again. It can't do any more harm than has already been done.

2 - You may not have the discs in front of you, but if you have any kind of proof of purchase at all, EA Customer Service will possibly grant you Origin codes for the base game and all of the EPs that can then be used to switch over to an Origin install if you contact them. These would have also come with your original purchases. You would have to completely uninstall your game and all of these EPs first though, clean the registry with Piriform's CCleaner, and start the installations over again the Origin way. You will land on 1.69 that way, but if the above fails it may be the only way to get your game working without having to repurchase most of it or switch to Steam and repurchase all of it.

Note though that if any of your game or its packs are not legitimate purchases, none of this is going to work right.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
I got the others from second-hand stores (or consignment stores if you live in America).

That's one of the problems with used games. They cannot be registered if they already had been by a previous owner. You likely will not be able to get Origin codes for those.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 4:32 AM
Go into the Program Folder for the base game, The Sims 3\Game\Bin and look for TS3w.exe (the one with the "w" not TS3.exe). If you shortcut that to your desktop, it should bypass the Launcher entirely. Will that startup your game and do you get the base game or the ITF startup screens. I'm expecting base game at this point.

But after that am officially out of ideas. However this happened, your game needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled. But you are stuck, unless you have the means to repurchase it, because your game is not registered and you do not have the install media anywhere near you.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:43 PM
One thing to keep in mind regarding System Restore: as nitromon pointed out that method will restore to a point before S3 was installed. That also means any driver updates, application updates, windows updates, new programs installed etc. will either revert back to the original settings or lost completely.

It might be a better option to use Piriform's CCleaner to remove S3 from the registry.