Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 4712 (Who?), Viewed: 165025 times.
Page 189 of 189
Lab Assistant
#4701 Old Today at 8:35 PM
just discovered that a human child with brown eyes can be born even with full alien parents! i'm guessing this happened because 3 grandparents had skin tone 1 and two had brown eyes.

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Scholar
#4702 Old Today at 9:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
just discovered that a human child with brown eyes can be born even with full alien parents! i'm guessing this happened because 3 grandparents had skin tone 1 and two had brown eyes.
several things seem inconsistent about that.
if 3 biological grandparents are human, 1 biological parent would be fully human and the other biological parent would be partly human.
both biological parents being fully alien would be if both alleys are alien; which would mean that each 4 biological grandparents were at least partly alien. only alien would be possible from both biological parents being fully alien.
for a human child to come from alien parents, both parents would need to be at least partly human.
Lab Assistant
#4703 Old Today at 9:13 PM
one of the parents was adopted but was born as a full alien so only one PT in the family tree but does he still count as a full alien? he has the black eyes and alien skin tone
anyway it happened but unfortunately i can't post a picture

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Top Secret Researcher
#4704 Old Today at 9:27 PM
You can check the sim's DNA in SimPE; it'll show what the DNA of any/all sims involved truly is. As far as I know, being adopted has absolutely zero effect on DNA. Brown eyes are definitely possible in normal alien/human hybrids because by default they are just as genetically dominant as alien eyes, so it comes down to a coin flip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
EP1CUT
- Blow a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor
- Do a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor

I remember reading some years back that this was all dummied out.
Lab Assistant
#4705 Old Today at 9:28 PM
is it rare?

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Top Secret Researcher
#4706 Old Today at 9:28 PM
Is what rare? Brown eyes in alien babies?
Scholar
#4707 Old Today at 9:29 PM
full alien would be if both alleys are alien.

edit:: eye genetics; brown and alien eyes are both "dominant". also dark blue.
the other shipped version eyes (blue, gray, green) are "recessive".
Lab Assistant
#4708 Old Today at 9:29 PM
i mean is it rare to have a human child if both parents are aliens?

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Top Secret Researcher
#4709 Old Today at 9:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
i mean is it rare to have a human child if both parents are aliens?
The child would not technically be "human," but from what you're describing, the parents are not exactly "aliens" either; they're all hybrids.
Lab Assistant
#4710 Old Today at 9:42 PM
oh ok thanks for clearing that up i would show the picture of the family tree if i could

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
oh and i'm trying to upload a sim...eventually a neighbourhood
Top Secret Researcher
#4711 Old Today at 9:47 PM
I'm not sure what the actual percentages would be so far as inheritance of the alien skin tone, but in my Sedona out of the four starting sets of twins, each the offspring of one fully human parent and one fully alien parent, I got seven with alien skin and one with human skin. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've seen a first generation alien hybrid born with human skin; supposedly Jill Smith is impossible and was created in CAS. And yet I've got a human-skin alien hybrid baby in my game, no jiggery-pokery of any kind involved.
Scholar
#4712 Old Today at 9:47 PM
human child from alien parents would mean that both parents are alien hybrids.
both parents being alien hybrids; each pregnancy-produced baby would have 1 in 4 (25%) chance of full alien, 2 in 4 (50%) chance of part alien (and carrying human genes), and 1 in 4 (25%) chance of full human.
Top Secret Researcher
#4713 Old Today at 9:59 PM
Apparently this is the best pic I have of Delenn Collensworth:
If I wanted to fire up SimPE, I could screen cap her DNA, but you can obviously see she shares her human father's skin tone and if you look closely you should be able to see her alien eyes as well. She is a first generation alien hybrid born to one fully human parent and one fully alien parent (at least as far as I know; I had no hand in the creation of either parent).
Page 189 of 189
Back to top