Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8201 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
That's super lame- sims should be able to visit those lots on their own (backlot tours). IMO there's also a huge missed opportunity for more unique areas (i.e. Santa Monica, Venice), since this is Los Angeles.

As for the lot count, even TS1 Superstar has 9 lots, and this has only 12 (11 playable ones excluding Plumbob Pictures)- not a lot more and far fewer gameplay features to boot.

It "is" Los Angeles only if you want to play it that way. In my game-story, the valley ( from the screenshot) actually looks like a Swedish town I once lived in. I don´t play USA much,so Im happy they don´t make the hoods too specific.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Advertisement
Instructor
#8202 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
See, this is where real consequences and danger could add so much to the game. What if you suddenly could lose all your money? What if you got robbed, or you had fears that messed up your pathetic sim life? Where's the motivation to do anything or achieve anything? It's the problem with games where everything is happy happy all the time. There's no motivation, no true fail states. Fail states are what makes sims games interesting, because you want to avoid an unhappy sim. But if the sim can't even be unhappy, then what's the point?

Hm..I had a sim in the journalist-career yesterday who went out for a harmless, booring dinner with a politician for an interview. She got way too inspired from the nectar, went into hysteria and almost died when the politician flirted and told her some lame joke. The Grim came,so I had to swiitch to the sims husband very fast,call him to the lot ( he was sleeping) and have him bargain with death in his pyjamas. She survived with a couple of seconds margin. I often have drama like that.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Instructor
#8203 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
Hm..I had a sim in the journalist-career yesterday who went out for a harmless, booring dinner with a politician for an interview. She got way too inspired from the nectar, went into hysteria and almost died when the politician flirted and told her some lame joke. The Grim came,so I had to swiitch to the sims husband very fast,call him to the lot ( he was sleeping) and have him bargain with death in his pyjamas. She survived with a couple of seconds margin. I often have drama like that.

let me point something out from what you just posted that I think you might have gotten confused on. You cannot die from being too inspired in the game nor can you die from someone flirting continuously with your sim unless it's a flirtatious joke which coincides with the playful mood/hysteria. In order for a sim to die from hysteria your sim has to have been in a playful mood and then as they continue playful acts with other sims the mood increases to very playful and finally hysteria. And even then you can still save your sim by calming yourself down in a mirror. Now if you don't do that in time and continue with playful acts, which I assume is what you meant by the politician telling your sim a joke, your sim will ultimately die from hysteria. I hope that clears that up for you. This is not to say drama doesn't happen. Because I get random drama in my game too... Or well used to get drama in game lol recently not so much sadly. Just wanted to clarify a few things about that particular emotional death.

Let me also add that players need something else. Deaths in this game are hard to come by and easily avoided. It's not as spontaneous as it was back in previous iterations. With the lack of fear in the game it just seems like too much good happens. They're adding a lot of things that can easily coincide with fear as the person you replied to stated but they aren't even bothering with that potential.
Instructor
#8204 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:17 AM Last edited by sayyadina : 27th Oct 2018 at 3:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
let me point something out from what you just posted that I think you might have gotten confused on. You cannot die from being too inspired in the game nor can you die from someone flirting continuously with your sim unless it's a flirtatious joke which coincides with the playful mood/hysteria. In order for a sim to die from hysteria your sim has to have been in a playful mood and then as they continue playful acts with other sims the mood increases to very playful and finally hysteria. And even then you can still save your sim by calming yourself down in a mirror. Now if you don't do that in time and continue with playful acts, which I assume is what you meant by the politician telling your sim a joke, your sim will ultimately die from hysteria. I hope that clears that up for you. This is not to say drama doesn't happen. Because I get random drama in my game too... Or well used to get drama in game lol recently not so much sadly. Just wanted to clarify a few things about that particular emotional death.

Let me also add that players need something else. Deaths in this game are hard to come by and easily avoided. It's not as spontaneous as it was back in previous iterations. With the lack of fear in the game it just seems like too much good happens. They're adding a lot of things that can easily coincide with fear as the person you replied to stated but they aren't even bothering with that potential.

Thanks for "clearing that up". Up til know I was living in complete darkness. / Let me make this very clear: I am a space-pony (hinting at avatar). I have no idea what is expected from a space-pony,but neither do you. What I was talking about- that you apparently missed- was the very game-experience itself. I have never been lectured on cognitive perception before , but I guess there is a first time for everything,lol.
What we see on the screen and in the moment and what goes on under the bonnet is hopefully two different things imo (or the game would be too boring for words),. As for "what players need" I am not really in charge of that department, neither can I speak for millions of simmers - even if I have played the sims for only 18 years now. So please redirect that input to whomever it concerns. Im a player too,you know. I guess my needs are just as relevant as anyone elses.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8205 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Here's me being a negative nancy:

Bringing back old premade Sims is a cheap and easy gimmick that allows them to please fans without actually putting in extra work. I find it no coincidence it's this tire-fire of an "expansion" that suddenly revives three Sims whilst the other expansions (or other packs in general?) have not revived a single one. The fact they can't be assed to get Dirk Dreamer's skin color right just seems to support this idea; for all we know they changed his name last minute and slapped "Dirk Dreamer" over his head in hopes of generating hype.

They couldn’t even get Bella Goth’s skin color right. Poor thing has been white washed.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#8206 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:33 AM
Watching the live stream now. Just got to the CAS section. What is with all these rich/luxury packs and their HIDEOUS clothes? That sequin suit is worse than the paint splattered abomination from City Living. Come on, people. Rich and tacky don't have to be synonymous XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#8207 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
Thanks for "clearing that up". Up til know I was living in complete darkness. / Let me make this very clear: I am a space-pony (hinting at avatar). I have no idea what is expected from a space-pony,but neither do you. What I was talking about- that you apparently missed- was the very game-experience itself. I have never been lectured on cognitive perception before , but I guess there is a first time for everything,lol.
What we see on the screen and in the moment and what goes on under the bonnet is hopefully two different things imo (or the game would be too boring for words),. As for "what players need" I am not really in charge of that department, neither can I speak for millions of simmers - even if I have played the sims for only 18 years now. So please redirect that input to whomever it concerns. Im a player too,you know. I guess my needs are just as relevant as anyone elses.

I wasn't "Lecturing you" But the way you worded your comment could give some people the wrong idea on how emotional deaths work so I felt there was a need to clarify and, I'll be honest, you came of a little like you didn't know how the emotion system worked so my apologies I should have not assumed that and I apologize if you felt insulted as it seems like you did based on your comment. That was never my goal, but, I guess It is what it is now .

FYI I have no idea what a space-pony is and how that's even relevant to anything...

Let me also add I knew exactly what you were talking as far as game experience... Well, your personal game experience because all simmers don't sim the same am I right? My whole point was to "clarify" The emotional death: Hysteria. It wasn't because I missed your point it was because of the wording in your comment. That is all...

Now back on topic..

I just finished the stream on Twitch and while I will admit there were things I do like about the acting career and some of the buy objects I did see (I saw this really nice picture in the back and a few rugs I liked as we as a lamp that wasn't over the top) It still seems as there is a lot missing especially with the concept of the pack. Getting famous should not have just been about acting despite how nicely done it seems to be. There are other careers that can also give you fame in the same industry (Hold on, don't jump me yet I'm pushing aside the fact that you can get famous doing all other careers in the game). When I think of fame I not only think of actors but directors like Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton or George Lucas. I also think of models like Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell So it just seems off that these fields were not included and It just seems like time and time again we're getting the short end of the stick. I don't know maybe it's just me, but I just feel like so much potential was lost again...
Lab Assistant
#8208 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:47 AM
Rich people wear designer clothes ( because they can afford it) and they posses the most technologically advanced gadgets.
One Minute Ninja'd
#8209 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:39 AM
............When I think of fame I not only think of actors but directors like Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton or George Lucas. I also think of models like Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford or Naomi Campbell So it just seems off that these fields were not included and It just seems like time and time again we're getting the short end of the stick. I don't know maybe it's just me, but I just feel like so much potential was lost again...

You forgot about Baby Ariel. Why does everyone forget Baby Ariel?

She really is sorta iconic for EA's "vision" for fame in this EP.
Forum Resident
#8210 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:43 AM Last edited by hiabara : 27th Oct 2018 at 11:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Watching the live stream now. Just got to the CAS section. What is with all these rich/luxury packs and their HIDEOUS clothes? That sequin suit is worse than the paint splattered abomination from City Living. Come on, people. Rich and tacky don't have to be synonymous XD

And not even 2 minutes in you can see crop tops, crop tops, crop tops (and they all look weirdly familiar, but I'm way too lazy to compare them to the ones we already have).
Besides that I don't know what it is with TS4 but I rarely see CAS items I'm excited about - It's either hideous or something we have had 5 times already. And a lot of stuff goes back to Bohemian or Hipster style. This time that doesn't seem to be the case, but I'm not someone who would use Wild West or Tomb Raider outfits during normal gameplay. I do love the one hair style with the silver rings in it, but don't like any of the other new ones.

Just skipped through the rest of the stream and it seems like the acting career is exactly as I've seen it in the game changer videos.
The other two live streams will be about fame/reputation and world/build/buy mode. That says a lot about the content of this pack

edit: That one prep task is weird. You get something like "Research flirty emotion", then you have click on your own Sim, choose "Research flirty emotion", your Sim is immediately flirty, and then you have to do flirty interactions. You don't even need to do something on your own to get the right emotion. It's literally presented on a silver platter.

And they "leaked" a little pop-up where it says "The Positivity Challenge" which might be a new Sims challenge we'll get.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8211 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:56 AM
@sayyadina @Mspigglypooh
Space Pony is a very rare thing on MTS. You will only be a Space Pony for a very short time- post too many times and it's gone!

Here is Sayyadina's Space Pony screenshot for posterity:
Screenshots
Instructor
#8212 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@sayyadina @Mspigglypooh
Space Pony is a very rare thing on MTS. You will only be a Space Pony for a very short time- post too many times and it's gone!

Here is Sayyadina's Space Pony screenshot for posterity:

I shall honor this position and immediately withdraw from further arguments

Theorist
#8213 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
You forgot about Baby Ariel. Why does everyone forget Baby Ariel?

She really is sorta iconic for EA's "vision" for fame in this EP.

When large amounts of people don't know who somebody is, it is rich to call them iconic. This is just as bad a Yibs walking around with bloated egos because their sims were in a trailer. If I ask anybody outside of the sims community who Deligracy is, they are looking at me like I have 3 heads and ask "Who?"

For anybody that may know or have a guess...

What's the joke behind the fish man suit? I don't get it and I doubt EA is giving a nod to the Creature from the Black Lagoon which is what the outfit reminded me of. It will be interesting TS4 worlds fill up with sims dressed as pirates, fish men, ect...
One Minute Ninja'd
#8214 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 1:39 PM
Maybe the fish man suit is somehow related to the utterly inexplicable Talk Like a Pirate holiday? I know it's a stretch.................
Test Subject
#8215 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:13 PM
Well I've joined the dark side. After getting temp banned for literally defending myself and others from harassment that happens constantly if you aren't all rainbows and sunshine about things apparently it's okay for them to continue to do it because they never get warned or anything. Got no reason to go back to the official forums not safe for me and I have no desire to ever buy another product from them again.
Mad Poster
#8216 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:47 PM
Lol I love how this is considered "The Dark Side" XD

Welcome to the better forum. Free of EA censorship. I feel your pain though. I actually did speak to a guru a while back about how biased they are towards people who only say nice things about the game. They didn't seem to see the problem with that.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#8217 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:01 PM
The new world is gorgeous. Just needs more lots, I wish someone could create a mod opening up space in the worlds.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Scholar
#8218 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:09 PM
I wonder what the 'secret' update that is coming that we don't know about yet is? I've seen some of the game changers mention it, and that it's big? It got me thinking that it might be the ability to edit worlds or something similar. That would explain the stupidly small world? Maybe? Okay, maybe I'm reaching. I just have a hard time accepting that people, even EA, can be this stupid. But honestly, what could it be?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Instructor
#8219 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:02 PM
San Myshuno is also gorgeous lmao, with those fake skyscrapers that we can't reach them. really what's the point of Maxis trying so hard to make the world pretty where one neighborhood only consists of like five lots and the rest of them are empty, uneditable buildings.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#8220 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
What's the joke behind the fish man suit? I don't get it and I doubt EA is giving a nod to the Creature from the Black Lagoon which is what the outfit reminded me of. It will be interesting TS4 worlds fill up with sims dressed as pirates, fish men, ect...

Could the fish man be a nod to The Shape of Water film, by Del Toro?
At a glance, to me it looks a lot like the fish dude from that film - and we all know about EA, and their desires to be relevant and hip with today's 'youth'.... (Baby Ariel as an example, even though a lot of peeps don't really know who the heck she is....)

Off-topic - Shape of Water was an amazing film, though...
On-topic - this expansion still looks dire as hell... am waiting on this big annoucement...

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#8221 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:24 PM
The fish costume looks a lot like the creature in The Shape of Water.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Instructor
#8222 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 27th Oct 2018 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I wonder what the 'secret' update that is coming that we don't know about yet is? I've seen some of the game changers mention it, and that it's big? It got me thinking that it might be the ability to edit worlds or something similar. That would explain the stupidly small world? Maybe? Okay, maybe I'm reaching. I just have a hard time accepting that people, even EA, can be this stupid. But honestly, what could it be?

They said it was.something big? Well idk I'm still not going to be over excited because that's been said before and well... They didn't exactly live up to it. I would be shocked if it were npcs we're missing like burglars, firefighters and police or if it we're cars but I'm just not getting my hopes up... I was shocked they leaked or better yet trolled with terrain tools on the last maxis monthly so who knows maybe they're stepping their game up 🙄😅... We will just have to wait and see 😏😆
Forum Resident
#8223 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 7:02 PM
They said it was.something big? Well idk I'm still not going to be over excited because that's been said before and well... They didn't exactly live up to it. I would be shocked if it were npcs we're missing like burglars, firefighters and police or if it we're cars but I'm just not getting my hopes up... I was shocked they leaked or better yet trolled with terrain tools on the last maxis monthly so who knows maybe they're stepping their game up 🙄😅... We will just have to wait and see 😏😆

Shouldn't be cars because Grant said no cars this year. Many people expect burglars because of the vault but honestly, how long have people been seeing hints for beach worlds and witches and university now? But hey, if it's actually burglars then color me surprised in a good way for once
I heard as well that it's supposed to be something big which surprises me because the terrain tool is already a big deal, so if it really is another big deal then I would've expected them to keep it hidden for a month longer, so they can release something good every month instead of dumping multiple things in one month and then going three months without content again.
Theorist
#8224 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Could the fish man be a nod to The Shape of Water film, by Del Toro?
At a glance, to me it looks a lot like the fish dude from that film - and we all know about EA, and their desires to be relevant and hip with today's 'youth'....

I had to look up the trailer for The Shape of Water as I had no idea what it was. You could be right, who knows. As a non-movie / TV person, I would have never guessed.
Forum Resident
#8225 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:33 PM
Inb4 we get another empty world like Newcrest as the "secret update".

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Locked thread
Page 329 of 447