2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14926 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:53 PM
Is there some sort of a slot-blocker for a chair? I have a chair on an angled OMSP so it looks like it tipped over, but my Sims keep sitting on it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Inventor
#14927 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:00 PM
If I age my sim to a Young Adult with the Sim Blender, how do I age them into an Adult? I tried doing that with a test sim and she aged into an Elder instead

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
just a girl
#14928 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:20 PM
What interaction did you click, Primavera? Grow Me Up, maybe? Keep in mind that young adults are technically *adults* with special properties. To turn them into adults, you should either graduate/drop out or click Set Age, but not Grow Me Up.
Mad Poster
#14929 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ConsoC
I'd like to extract the house (and only the house) that is in one of the premade neighborhoods...

The "(and only the house)" part of your query leads me to believe this house is occupied? If so, you must move the sim out before you package the lot.
If you want the contents of the house to stay when the sim moves out, use the Stay Things Shrub and it's subsequent Fixer by Moo to reset the proper lot values.
Once the sims are moved out you just click the "package this lot" option from the neighborhood screen. Do not share it with the sims2.com - or whatever that says - because it's not there anymore. It should tell you it's been packaged properly, and the lot can be found in your "PackagedLots" folder in your Documents/TS2 folder.
From there, clean it with the Clean Installer - and then, as Jo said, from all sim references. Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Inventor
#14930 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
What interaction did you click, Primavera? Grow Me Up, maybe? Keep in mind that young adults are technically *adults* with special properties. To turn them into adults, you should either graduate/drop out or click Set Age, but not Grow Me Up.

Yeah that's what I did, I hit 'Grow Me Up' @Lamare . I have a few mods in place that can keep young adults at home and still attend college (their college meter doesn't move though, but that's fine), and when it came time to age up my sim I thought 'Grow Me Up' would do it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14931 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 5:55 AM
I had a playable befriend a townie child & move them in. They kept the aspiration to "grow up"; now in college, they still have that. Will they finally get a real aspiration when they graduate? Will it matter if they don't?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#14932 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I had a playable befriend a townie child & move them in. They kept the aspiration to "grow up"; now in college, they still have that. Will they finally get a real aspiration when they graduate? Will it matter if they don't?

I am not sure, but this is what I would try: use the Bat Box or the Sim Modder or another of the objects that can reroll the LTW, and reroll the LTW for the YA Sim. Me I would use the Sim Modder get it by using boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled True and then Spawn and then choosing Sim Modder or Buy It

If you use the Sim Modder like I do, you need to go to a menu called wants & locks {or something like that} and then you need to look for lifetime wants...You should be able to find it I think. Then when you find the right menu just click on it until you get a suitable LTW, I think this should work.

You use the same procedure for the Bat Box, find the correct menu and reroll the Sim's LTW.

Let me know if you have trouble.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#14933 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 20th Aug 2018 at 6:35 AM.
I had that too, @@grammapat - some time ago, but I believe I changed the LTW during the Uni years - you get that option after a later exam to change a student's LTW. The option comes up only once, I think just before senior year starts, and says something about the sim has gained enough life experience - you can then change the LTW and the attraction traits without a mod.
Inventor
#14934 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:33 AM Last edited by Sketching : 20th Aug 2018 at 8:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Yeah that's what I did, I hit 'Grow Me Up' Lamare . I have a few mods in place that can keep young adults at home and still attend college (their college meter doesn't move though, but that's fine), and when it came time to age up my sim I thought 'Grow Me Up' would do it.

I don't use university subhoods and all of my YAs stay in the main hood, but the students' meters usually increase with academic work. I'm confused since your statement sounds like none of their meters move at all. For those whose meters are graphically glitched, you can see their meters if you send them to another lot or make them selectable while they're in another. Sometimes moving them into different residences works too, but that's a more drastic option - in my experience, asking them to move in causes them to age up, so be careful about that. Also, I'm unsure if you're using Squinge's mod set, but if you are, the aging process is mentioned on the page:
Quote:
Play your Young Adult through college and when you’re ready to age your Sim after graduating from college, buy the cake again and use the Age To Adult option.

Question - what determines which household member ages a baby up into a toddler? Is it the NID? I was wondering since in some cases, a sleeping parent wakes up to perform the action when the other parent is wide awake. Sometimes I don't mind and I can age the baby up manually with a cake/mods anyway, but I also thought I'd prefer a conscious sim or one with a better relationship autonomously do it in certain households.
Mad Poster
#14935 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:23 AM
You can change the aspiration with almost any editing tool. You can also use the Re-Nu-U-Orb aspiration reward, I believe. I do it in SimPE as soon as I grow them up.

At the beginning of Junior year, all students get an option to change their aspiration, which will also allow them to change turn-ons. The Lifetime Want will be randomized.

Sims with the Grow Up aspiration will continue to have wants suitable for children until it's changed.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#14936 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Sorry if I'm a bit slow here - I tried changing the terrain on a few other desert and dirt hoods to see if it was a problem with the road defaults then checked out various lots, but they actually came out fine for some reason. It's just this hood in particular that has the wonky terrain. Is it the apocalypse at work?

My apocalypse hood has the same issue! I just chalked it up to using hood replace but now I don't know if that's the reason? But... if I import a desert hood I have desert edges when I change the terrain to temperate & if the imported hood is lush I have grass edges if I change it to desert. I might end up playing this hood when I'm done and I don't want to be stuck with desert terrain so I'm just working around it. For neighborhood view I scattered dirt effects around and for lot view I'm just going to set the distances as close/small as possible and call it good enough.
Mad Poster
#14937 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:21 PM
Which speaker suits best with a hair salon ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#14938 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Which speaker suits best with a hair salon ?

On a personal level, my hair salon plays the radio, which generally seems to play pop music. I'd go with pop.
Mad Poster
#14939 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can change the aspiration with almost any editing tool. You can also use the Re-Nu-U-Orb aspiration reward, I believe. I do it in SimPE as soon as I grow them up.

At the beginning of Junior year, all students get an option to change their aspiration, which will also allow them to change turn-ons. The Lifetime Want will be randomized.

Sims with the Grow Up aspiration will continue to have wants suitable for children until it's changed.

=============
To all: the problem is just with ONE guy; his wants are what a YA SHOULD be, and his college-related meters are moving. So the only thing "wrong" is his grow-up ICON; I will use batbox and see if that resets the aspiration. I use it a lot to change LTW, but don't know about that grow-up icon.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#14940 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:17 PM
When I run Hood Checker - I see I have memories for the Goodies in both Belladonna Cove AND Pleasantview. I currently have them living on the outskirts of Downtown which is attached only to Pleasantview. Is my game messed up?

This is my main game - which really hasn't been "played" other than to set things up, and swap out buildings with my shiny remade ones. If there's corruption, I'd rather know now and start over before I start playing.

Thanks!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14941 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
@CatherineTCJD The Goodies are Apartment Life bin sims: if you didn't disable the stealth neighborhoods or put a cleaned one in, you'll have the Goodies in every neighborhood (also the Newsons).

You might be confusing them with the Oldies--who are Mary-Sue Pleasant's parents, and should only appear in Pleasantview. Especially since the men have almost the same name.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#14942 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:29 PM
Thanks Sunbee - No, I made sure it's the Goodies (not the Oldies)
I do have a smattering of stealth/clean stuffeths, I don't remember exactly how I set it up - it was a while ago.
I'm thinking I probably need to start it all again - and this time be sure I've cleaned all the sim references out of a property before I plonk it down in the hood (*guilty!*)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Inventor
#14943 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
My apocalypse hood has the same issue! I just chalked it up to using hood replace but now I don't know if that's the reason? But... if I import a desert hood I have desert edges when I change the terrain to temperate & if the imported hood is lush I have grass edges if I change it to desert. I might end up playing this hood when I'm done and I don't want to be stuck with desert terrain so I'm just working around it. For neighborhood view I scattered dirt effects around and for lot view I'm just going to set the distances as close/small as possible and call it good enough.

Oh, no, the apocalypse is on to us!

It only seems to happen in this hood for some reason and I tried doing it in others, but the wonky terrains never showed up, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Does it happen for all of your converted hoods? It's a shame though - I agree that I'd love to change the desert terrain to grass if when the apocalypse is lifted for the future residents. Those are good ideas to compensate for the strange views. The inconsistent terrain is kind of funny in an simpocalyptic manner, but I'm contemplating just making a lush main hood and restarting the apocalypse in a desert/dirt subhood so that it can be some sort of permanent fixture that at least isn't the main hood.
Mad Poster
#14944 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Thanks Sunbee - No, I made sure it's the Goodies (not the Oldies)
I do have a smattering of stealth/clean stuffeths, I don't remember exactly how I set it up - it was a while ago.
I'm thinking I probably need to start it all again - and this time be sure I've cleaned all the sim references out of a property before I plonk it down in the hood (*guilty!*)

I think you have to completely clean out all the folders for all the neighborhoods (even the vacation hoods) to get a completely empty game. It's time consuming and tedious, but I think it's the only way to keep the stealth families from appearing anywhere in the game.

I did this only twice-when I originally got the empty templates and then again when I got a better computer. If you have a spare afternoon, it's a good past time, because if you have all of the EP's, they all have to be emptied and replaced with empty templates. There's at least 8 of them, and in some of those, multiple folders have to be replaced...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#14945 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
... to get a completely empty game.

It's not that I want a completely empty game. I'm just concerned that the Goodies show up in 2 of my hoods memories (in HoodChecker) when they only live in the one hood. This is my main game (albeit heretofore un"played") and I'm concerned about corruption.

But, maybe what you're saying is... Maybe it's not corrupt, maybe I just missed cleaning the Goodies out of one of the hoods when I was setting everything up?

Thank you for thinking with me

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14946 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:49 PM
So what's the story with empty accessory and group caches? What do I need to do? Also, where can I find them?

Will those help with random crashing/flashing pink? :/
Inventor
#14947 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
So what's the story with empty accessory and group caches? What do I need to do? Also, where can I find them?

Will those help with random crashing/flashing pink? :/

Here's a brief explanation of what the caches are here. I've linked the empty Accessory and cigen caches here @M.M.A.A., also here's an empty Groups cache . You need to set them on 'read-only' before starting up the game and Bodyshop; the Accessory cache is a work-in-progress for me because it keeps unchecking itself. And with the pink flashing issue; I saw on leefish that deleting the thumbnails can help solve the pink flashing, but I don't think the empty Groups and Accessory cache will help with the flashing. I've only just started using these empty caches so if anyone else has more info let me know.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14948 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 6:14 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 21st Aug 2018 at 7:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Here's a brief explanation of what the caches are here. I've linked the empty Accessory and cigen caches here @M.M.A.A., also here's an empty Groups cache . You need to set them on 'read-only' before starting up the game and Bodyshop; the Accessory cache is a work-in-progress for me because it keeps unchecking itself. And with the pink flashing issue; I saw on leefish that deleting the thumbnails can help solve the pink flashing, but I don't think the empty Groups and Accessory cache will help with the flashing. I've only just started using these empty caches so if anyone else has more info let me know.

Thank you! I'll have a look at them!

ETA: So I just added them, but the pink flashing seems to have gotten worse! :/ The thumbnails of some objects start to show up pink, even after deleting the thumbnails packages. Upon placing certain objects down, surrounding objects start to flash pink for a second and revert back to normal. Restarting my pc didn't help. Not sure why this is happening. I thought it was supposed to help... I don't know if I should revert back to normal caches...

Although, it could be the lot just acting out though so IDK... :S Yet, upon visiting another community lot, and after modifying some things and saving afterwards, as I clicked on the neighborhood button, the game crashed. -.-
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14949 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:24 PM
@M.M.A.A. Are you using any texture overrides, such as HD terrain textures? If so, try with them removed, as having high res terrains/ snow/ water can put up the texture memory overhead quite substantially. It's not that modern computers can't handle it, but rather the game cannot communicate that much texture information as quickly as the modern computers would like. :/
Mad Poster
#14950 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM
@simsample - Well, I only use Moi's terrain water texture mod, so that might be the culprit? Except, this can also happen on lots that don't even have a pond...
Page 598 of 1347