Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
For some reason there's no distinction between puddles, tho, and all puddles are "filthy." Licking some fresh rainwater off the sidewalk is apparently just as awful as licking up the puddle from when the toilet clogged.

I would not want to do either.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#52 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It doesn't look like the food part of a pet bowl is recolourable. That will be why I had to clone the bowl.

Add a subset? No, it's fine. I like them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#53 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkySays
I would not want to do either.

Well sure, but...you're also not a dog. (At least, I don't think you are.)
Mad Poster
#54 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Add a subset? No, it's fine. I like them.

How do you add a subset?
just a girl
#55 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How do you add a subset?

Tutorial: Adding a subset to an object (and making it recolorable)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#56 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:55 AM
Yeah that's a helpful tutorial and was the one I originally used to learn how to do it. What you'd go for I think, is a mesh (you'd only need a surface) that was placed just above the level of the original food so that you could see the new surface and not the original in game. One way to do that easily would be to select the surface bit of the mesh (I'm thinking in Milkshape here) and clone it and then raise it up a fraction (using move along the Y axis).

Then you could offer recolours of the surface only - you'd have to default the mesh if you wanted to add options to the original bowl in game or the recolours wouldn't be available for that.

But really, it's fine as it is if you don't feel comfortable doing that. I like the extra options.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:21 PM
Question: Would my pet-friendly house qualify for this theme? I made it for the Community Spirit contest, but had to rebuild it, so it's not like I'm using the exact same lot twice. I built it after researching tips on what would make a house pet-friendly.

If so, I think I can add another keyword.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#58 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:39 PM
Is it already uploaded here @gazania?

Mad Poster
#59 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:03 PM
Yes. It's the Newman house.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:41 PM
Well, you'd have to ask a lot moderator for sure but I think it might come under duplication. How different is the lot from the original?

Mad Poster
#61 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:52 PM
Not a whole lot. I never uploaded it anywhere, but it was created for the contest. So I guess it just stays as is.

Helptato
#62 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Upmarket pet boarding/holiday/vacation lot.

That's a good idea! Might do that

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#63 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 3:47 AM Last edited by gazania : 11th Feb 2018 at 3:58 AM.
Errr ... uploading moderators ... a question or two?

I haven't totally gone into the realm of fantasy. My Newman lot disappeared from the Downloads list here today! It's under my name, but NOT in the public list.

I didn't mean that it's a duplicate lot, as in, I've uploaded it here before. I meant that back during the Community Spirit contest in July, I entered it as an entry for that contest, but not as an upload. When the Pets theme came around, I thought it would fit the theme, but I messed up my hood with the lot in it, and to make sure that this lot was nice and tidy for uploading here, rebuilt it from the ground up in a fresh game in a fresh hood (playing no Sims in the game), using pictures of my old entry as my floor plans. I made some alterations, but yes, the lot still bears a strong resemblance to the contest entry, so I understand why it wouldn't count for the theme. That is fine and dandy.

Also, the lot doesn't show up under any keywords. I'm going to clean my cache to see if it indeed shows up under my name. (It still does.)

Ummm ... what happened in the Downloads section? I think I minded my manners.

just a girl
#64 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 8:57 AM
I see your lot, gazania. But only if I switch from compatible downloads to all, because I don't have Store edition.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:49 PM
Funny..I just checked gazania's lots downloads. She has 4, and only one of them, the Newman's, has Store listed in the +9 SP's.
Though all 4 of them shows the +9.
This is strange.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#66 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I see your lot, gazania. But only if I switch from compatible downloads to all, because I don't have Store edition.

Ah this is it. I learnt from Tashi a while back that sometimes using the search functions on the site can set preferences secretly. Change them back manually and you should see everything properly. Even with your own stuff. Really.

Yeah, I know, I said that to him too.

Mad Poster
#67 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 5:32 PM Last edited by gazania : 11th Feb 2018 at 7:11 PM.
How did my lot get the Store designation? There are no Store items in it. That very well might be my error, though. I will have to check. If I can't fix it, I'll have to indicate in my description that it doesn't need any Store items. Maybe it is a filtering thing, as maxon indicated. I'll look at my filters as well.

It's been fixed, according to a mod. I don't see it yet, but perhaps I need to be patient. Or maybe it is the filtering thing. (Yes ... I had the same experience. If I switch to all, I see it.))

The weird thing was that it was OK a day or two ago!

But this is neither here nor there for the Pets theme, I know, so this is probably the last post I'll make in this topic about it. Apparently, it was an accident and had nothing to do about any confusing posts on my part. So ... err ... about those Pets objects and lots?

EDIT ... And it's back! Thank you, mods!

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:56 AM Last edited by gdayars : 18th Feb 2018 at 6:38 AM.
Well I got my cat collar ready it will be up soon.

Edited to add I changed out the bow and made texture slightly bigger so I could have more variety in style.

Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:37 AM
Won't be able to finish pets woohoo for theme, though I will get back to it as soon as brain is un-foggy enough for that kind of modding. But feeling slightly less foggy today, and one of my project just re-purposes code I already wrote for another project, so managed to finish it. Hopefully brain continues to cooperate until it's uploaded

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#70 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 4:26 AM
I got my recolours of gdayars bow collars up. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608071

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#71 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:07 AM
Jo and gdayars - I love the bow collars! And the pics in your downloads too I am going out today, but I will pick those up later.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 6:07 PM
Sadly real life got in the way, so I didn't have the opportunity to make most of the stuff that I wanted to make, but I did make three Friendship cards for MogHughson's Postal System, which feature some of Ginia Kat's cats :-) And I managed to upload them before February finished! :-D
Page 3 of 3