Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:50 PM Last edited by artum : 10th Sep 2014 at 6:10 PM. Reason: Removed maxis script mod (No more needed)
Default [WIP] SuperSpeed Mod
Hi,
I'm new to this forum & this is my first mod and first Python experience (I'm a C#/Java developer)

In the past hours I worked on a mod to force super-speed in game.
This is a script mod that enables super-speed by pressing the "3" key twice.
Basically I override the time scale method in clock.py (to return the super_speed_three scale) and the "clock.setspeed" console command ( used by numeric keys to change time_speed).

Feel free to report bugs, I'll do my best to fix them
General python programming tips are apriciated

Hope this helps

Instructions
  1. Copy the mod .zip in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods"
  2. Start the game, go to Options->Game Options->Enable Script Mods
  3. Restart the game
  4. Enjoy

Changelog
v0.02 )
  • Temporarly disabled automatic super_speed_three because it was causing the game to become unresponsive
  • Fixed a bug where the game wouldn't pause in Build Mode

Here is the code if you want to edit it without downloading the .zip file:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SuperSpeedMod_0_2.zip (2.5 KB, 947 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Mod Files
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Could you perhaps spell out in a bit more detail what exact feedback you are looking for, what you’re unsure about, etc?

Because this forum is not meant to be a means to circumvent upload moderation .. it’s OK to post attachments so that others can help you figure out a problem, but you sound like this does work for you. Or does it not?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Could you perhaps spell out in a bit more detail what exact feedback you are looking for, what you’re unsure about, etc?

Because this forum is not meant to be a means to circumvent upload moderation .. it’s OK to post attachments so that others can help you figure out a problem, but you sound like this does work for you. Or does it not?

The mod is working for me, I only want to be sure that it works for everyone without weird bugs, etc.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:47 PM
Have you seen this thread, post #3? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4516432 There seem to be issues with the game going out of sync when clock is being messed with .. I have no idea whether you did it the same way, or different, or which is better or worse.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:16 PM
I'm overriding the same exact method but intead of fixed numbers I use Maxis method to get the super_speed_three multiplier ( ClockSpeedMultipliers.super_speed_three_multiplier(ClockSpeedMultiplierType.DEFAULT) ) which should always return a good value without messing with sync.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:29 PM
OK, thanks for the explanation! =)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:32 PM
Ok, bugs found so far:
- Some scripts that force the game to PAUSE don't stop the super-speed (FIXED in next revision)
- When the real super_speed_three try to start it blocks the game (Currently trying to fix it)
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:14 AM
i was trying to modify the clock.pyo to do that....

i'm glad someone else is working in provide a script that do that.... i'm following your progress...!

btw, sugestion: you could do something to allow an easy modification of the rate of the speed !

Ty
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
I'm considering to add some way to tweak speed multipliers for each speed without messing with script files, but I don't know If multipling default speeds would lead to sync problems.
Btw I'll surely try to add this option

Currently I'm waiting Maxis patch for further modifications in order to upload the mod in the Download section for release
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:42 AM
this works! it's quite amazing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:43 PM
Ok, the patch came out. The mod works without any problems.
Moving the mod to the download section
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:06 PM
did you have any problems with it going out of sync when you tested the .pyo files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
For now It doesn't seem so, tomorrow I'll test with crazy custom speeds & I'll report back :D
(I submitted the current version in the Download section & waiting for approval, then I'll release it as an update )
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
i think i was having some issues because the motives (while on super speed) would fill up and go back down, and one sim stayed at work 3 hours later than she should've while i had super speed on. other than that, it's a great mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
It seems that the delay when sims get back from work increase at higher speeds :S
I think this is Maxis related stuffs, the delay is present even at normal speeds (just some minutes more than speed 1).
I'll look in some files to see where this delay could be generated...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:20 PM
oh yeah, the delay does happen for at least 15 (sim) minutes on normal speeds. nevermind about the motive thing, that happens at regular speeds too i think. it could be a bug i guess?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:50 PM
It seems so