Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:21 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 18th Feb 2012 at 7:55 AM.
Default Custom Shoes as an Accessory?
I decided to make custom shoes in that certain way of basing the mesh on an accessory while selecting its type as shoes (so I would have full map space for the texture.) I am done with the mesh so I must make all the technical phases now but the quick test already shows that it is not working as I hoped, for selecting the shoe type for the "accessory" will make the mesh transparent not to mention this would overlap the actual shoes resulting into four pair of shoes. Also to mention if it's necessary that I based the shoes on late night choker necklace to acquire morphstates for the "accessory" shoes.
Is this possible to make with the latest TSRW or how to make this work?

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 12:26 AM
If i remember correct this is not possible, you have to keep it a accesoire because:
If you set it to shoes you also have to set it to the body category for the textures to show up.
But when you do that the top/bottom/shoes uvmap becomes active again and your textures will be all over the sim.....

I did make a set of shoes as accesoire once and have a invisible shoe file to get rid of the other shoes.
You can use a shoe file and set it to accesoire.
That way it has the morphs and a 1024x1024 texture size wich will not interfear with the rest.

However, you do need to keep it as shoes when you import the meshes into tsrw so tsrw can generate the correct range of vertID's.
Then you set it as accesoire.(or when you export as sims3pack)
Here is the invisible shoe file, going to upload it soon anyway with the mermaid tails.

Another sad thing is that accesoires lose so much texture quality when a sim has multiple accesoires on him.
Here a example that i never released: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=411330
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bloom_afamInvisiblefeet.7z (18.7 KB, 41 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:53 AM
So how does this invisible shoes mod work? Do I only have to put the mod in the mods package folder and require people to download this mod as well if I share the shoes? Lastly a stupid question, will this mod make all shoes invisible or only affect the feet when accessory shoes are used?

I also pondered if setting the shoes as accessory is not the best idea, as the multiple accessories reduce the quality, then better to keep the shoes as shoes, place the shoes' uwv on it's rightful area on the body map but make the texture size about 2048x2048 big to have better quality.

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 9:37 AM
The shoes I made are accessories, but i didn't include the ankle so you only have to use the nude shoes(bare feet). There was no way I would have gotten the detail I wanted without making the accessories.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:21 AM
Oh I see now. So the invisible shoes are there to be selected as shoes so basically the sim still has four pair of shoes. Except the visible ones would be accessory shoes.

I suppose this time I will try the idea of making large texture map for the shoes to see how it works out so the texture quality will not be reduced by multiple accessories if I made accessory shoes.