Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7201 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 10:37 AM
There is no interaction called "error!" in the game, as far as I know. So I'd rather think that this is a bug in PortraitPanel, Maybe you should report that at NRaas.

Most nerd interactions, btw, are autonomous.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7202 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:59 PM
A quick question - When two different rabbitholes are placed in a single lot, would both of them work as intended?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7203 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
A quick question - When two different rabbitholes are placed in a single lot, would both of them work as intended?

Yes, Sunset Valley has a single lot with a Supermarket, Theatre and Bookstore on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7204 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:33 AM
I have a household of a guy and his plumbot.

Do the usual stuff to get an alien abduction - get space rocks and use the telescope.
Every single time the alien grabs the plumbot. But what we're doing here is trying for an alien baby.

I tried sending the plumbot to the library during promising alien abduction hours... but then nothing.

Is my human sim that ugly? How can I get the alien to grab my human male sim?
Lab Assistant
#7205 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:18 AM Last edited by dlseis : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Why not try splitting up the household before trying the abduction scenario? Since the aliens only try to abduct the actives and not the townie ones?

I actually have the opposite problem. The aliens always try to abduct my Sim, and what's funny is, they only try it when my poor Sim is making love with his wife. They only do it just for laughs. Is it the WooHooium metal that my poor Sim picked up the culprit in all those love-related abductions?
Top Secret Researcher
#7206 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
Why not try splitting up the household before trying the abduction scenario? Since the aliens only try to abduct the actives and not the townie ones?

I actually have the opposite problem. The aliens always try to abduct my Sim, and what's funny is, they only try it when my poor Sim is making love with his wife. They only do it just for laughs. Is it the WooHooium metal that my poor Sim picked up the culprit in all those love-related abductions?

I was working on debugging it and found that there were problems with the mods I have installed that messed up game play. I had NRAAS retuner set so that if the telescope was used it was a 100% sure that I'd get an abduction event. Send the plumbot to the library at Midnight to read for 3 hours. No aliens. Remove another mod and try again.

Then it was just a matter of removing mods that might be messing it up. The mod causing the problem was a work in progress thing, just a matter of finding a prior version of it that still worked.
Scholar
#7207 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
Is there a mod, other than Awesomemod, that allows better genetic blending of two Sims' offspring? Because that's pretty much the only AM part I really use and if I can find a 'smaller' alternative, that'd be cool. (I don't want a town full of clones of either mom or dad...)
Mad Poster
#7208 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:23 PM Last edited by igazor : 26th Nov 2017 at 2:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Is there a mod, other than Awesomemod, that allows better genetic blending of two Sims' offspring? Because that's pretty much the only AM part I really use and if I can find a 'smaller' alternative, that'd be cool. (I don't want a town full of clones of either mom or dad...)

Yes, the other contender in the field of genetics is NRaas StoryProgression. Its Advanced Genetics feature comes with the SP Population add-on module. But I'm pretty sure you have expressed some level of aversion to using SP for progression in the past, and although not a Core Mod like AM it's not a standalone feature so not sure it would qualify as a "smaller" alternative. Just a different one.

With or without Advanced Genetics though, I still get a fair amount of parental clones as kids in my worlds. Maybe around 10-20% of the time? Different players' experiences seem to vary. Using MC to re-roll the genetics (PlayWithGenetics) a few times on an existing offspring sim can help resolve that, but it does take some player intervention once the offspring is old enough for this effect to be noticed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7209 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:57 PM
My stupid question of the day is: Why are people hopping mad at EA for now? Something about Starwars Battlefront (ugh! Not my kind of game) being DLC greedy and some jurisdictions are saying it's gambling?

Sounds like EA is turning into a band of pirates. I want to see a decent Sims 5, but hope for that is dying...
Lab Assistant
#7210 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My stupid question of the day is: Why are people hopping mad at EA for now? Something about Starwars Battlefront (ugh! Not my kind of game) being DLC greedy and some jurisdictions are saying it's gambling?

Sounds like EA is turning into a band of pirates. I want to see a decent Sims 5, but hope for that is dying...

Ever since The Sims 4 came out, I've been looking forward to and hoping for a decent Sims 5.. But it seems it might be a bit naive to think they're actually gonna make something better than Sims 4, unfortunately :/
Top Secret Researcher
#7211 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

Because EA thought they could make a AAA title a "freemium" game and no one would notice or complain.

They were wrong.

ETA: I haven't seen them get hell like this since the borked-beyond-belief release of Sim City 2013.
Lab Assistant
#7212 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 4:53 AM
For me, in all it's un-optimized glory, Sims 3 is the last Sims game. Even though Sims 4's Build Mode (aside from the pool fiasco) is the best in the series, its gameplay is too bland and the Sims too lifeless for me to enjoy it.
Who knows? Maybe in Sims 5, the base game would only be composed of Create-a-Sim and Live Mode. Then the Buy Mode and the Build mode would be bought separately.
Top Secret Researcher
#7213 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 5:42 PM
Don't give them ideas!
Lab Assistant
#7214 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:23 AM
I have some apartments I built myself, using shells from Late Night, but my Sims (both NPC's and ones I've made myself) seem to get stuck a lot inside the hidden rooms. There aren't any doors or anything to the hidden rooms, I don't quite know how they get there. Has anyone else experienced the same, or have an idea how to fix it?
Site Helper
#7215 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:26 PM
Yes, sims are known to spawn in the hidden rooms. The easiest fix I've heard of is to go into Edit Town mode and add regular doors to the hidden rooms so that the sims can get out. Or you can remove the Hidden Room marker and just paint the floor and walls black. (This requires going into buydebug and looking for them.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7216 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 4:47 PM Last edited by igazor : 9th Dec 2017 at 5:14 PM.
It's almost (maybe exclusively) always ground floor hidden rooms where this happens. Sims who are not part of the active household, whether they be true NPCs like Service/Role Sims or members of a different household, often go into a state of hibernation when they are at home. They instantiate (materialize) when the game calls upon them to do something, it's time to go to work/school, etc. When they do so in a locked out or hidden room with no doors, they unfortunately get stuck and need to be reset -- this is a frequent source of lag for many in worlds with LN style apartments as the game constantly keeps trying to re-route them.

I usually remove the private/hidden room markers, put a public room marker there instead, and (at least) give them a regular door so they can get out when I catch this happening otherwise it will continue to do so. Or maybe tear the walls down if the hidden space is very small to begin with. Others who do want a range of private/hidden rooms for NPCs to retreat into with proper NPC doors will choose to put them all on higher floors when they can. The ground floors of most of my apartment buildings have laundry and rec rooms in them now in place of the once darkened out traps waiting to mess things up.
Lab Assistant
#7217 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 1:16 AM
Ah I see, that makes sense, should be a fairly easy fix then, thank you both!
Lab Assistant
#7218 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:25 PM
So if I download baby clothes CC can I just use MasterController to dress the baby or do I need any other mod to enable non-burrito baby clothing? I would try it out myself but my sim hasn't had her baby yet
Scholar
#7219 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
So if I download baby clothes CC can I just use MasterController to dress the baby or do I need any other mod to enable non-burrito baby clothing? I would try it out myself but my sim hasn't had her baby yet

I don't have it myself, but I have seen AshleyBPlays use CC baby clothes and she used MC -> Stylist Room to 'put the clothes on' for babies.

If I have Seasons and IP installed, is there a way for me to avoid having my active Lifeguard Sim not get affected by temperature? I had moments where I had to 'take a break' from lifeguard duty, to send the Sim into a house because they had the Sweating Profusely moodlet.
Top Secret Researcher
#7220 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 12:28 AM
Default Does the BFF Skill Award work.
Supposedly, if you match 30 sims on the Relationship Transmorgifier (that comes with the University Social Networking skill) with the Romantic Interest or Partner relationship you unlock the "Best Friends Forever" (BFF) function. Well, I matched 30 different sims with "romantic interest", and now the whole town is about to break out in civil war (opps... some of them had other Romatic interest or Partners... but I need the BFF, ya know? And I could fix the problems as I found them out.)

So I have the "Star" in the Skill Journal showing it's unlocked, but no BFF function. Anyone know how to work this?

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7221 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 2:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocriel So if I download baby clothes CC can I just use MasterController to dress the baby or do I need any other mod to enable non-burrito baby clothing? I would try it out myself but my sim hasn't had her baby yet

I am not sure MC alone can do that unless a default replacement skin is installed. There are links to mods to replace the default skin for babies that will let you see your babies arms and legs. See Babies and Toddlers Here Default Replacement Baby Skins.

To change clothing you can do that using MC or Stylist. I am not in game right now so can't provide a path to the mod but have MC HotKey for"Outfit" which allows you to click on the Sim and then in the pie menu under NRaas Outfit. I believe the cheats module is needed.
Top Secret Researcher
#7222 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:25 AM
Is there any way of changing the color of a fairy's wings? (Not when creating them in CAS, as I know how to do that. I mean in play.)
Test Subject
#7223 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Is there any way of changing the color of a fairy's wings? (Not when creating them in CAS, as I know how to do that. I mean in play.)

If I remember correctly, you can turn testing cheats on, then shift+click (or possibly ctrl+click) on the fairy sim to enter CAS from play.
#7224 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:13 AM
What is "forbidden fruit" and why do my gardening sims keep wanting to plant some? I've never seen it even in buydebug.
Mad Poster
#7225 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:22 AM Last edited by igazor : 15th Dec 2017 at 5:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
What is "forbidden fruit" and why do my gardening sims keep wanting to plant some? I've never seen it even in buydebug.

Ooh, it's delicious. Your sims should try some, they'll love it!

Okay, just kidding. When your sim harvests forbidden fruit, they either get an edible/plantable forbidden fruit that if eaten has the potential to turn them into a Plant Sim or, if they play their cards right, they can harvest a Plant Sim baby.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_fruit
Page 289 of 385