Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#10876 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:44 PM
Recipes count as read books in wishes such as "Read x Books"

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
Scholar
#10877 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:04 PM
Well I found out Sims3 aliens can summon meteors; furthermore I learned DO NOT summon a meteor on your home lot especially if you have a lot of stuff that can burn.... ...

Edit: also YES if an alien picks a forbidden fruit it will be alien. Made friends with an alien got his DNA cloned him raised him for the soul purpose of testing this. Fruits all aliens. One of said aliens is who caused the mess above.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#10878 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:42 PM
Question: If you ensorcel a sim and have them pick a forbidden fruit who has to raise the child?
A. The baby joins the active family so you will be stuck raising someone else's kid.

Question: If you ensorcel two sims and try for a baby in the time machine who will be stuck raising the child?
A. Undetermined no child has ever appeared during many attempts.

Test Subject
#10879 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 8:39 AM Last edited by rofishy : 8th Dec 2017 at 1:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy

Question: If you ensorcel two sims and try for a baby in the time machine who will be stuck raising the child?
A. Undetermined no child has ever appeared during many attempts.

SUCCESS! It takes a lot of tries and many trapped neighbors but it has happen. Finally a child walked out. Apparently one of those neighbors trapped for this experiment was my son, oups-but look a long lost son, but look not my active Sims Kid from two parents that are not my active sims. So meaning her Grandfather is Mortimer Goth. XD

And if the time machine is on another lot not yours that kid belongs to that household not yours. Seems a lot easier to have kids through the time machine that way.
Lab Assistant
#10880 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Edit: also YES if an alien picks a forbidden fruit it will be alien.

Cool! Just did this on my game and it's amazing how much time this girl has on her hands compared to her mother, since her needs have to be taken care of so rarely. She practically runs the house now
Small discoveries:
Babies are subjected to the moodlets from incense and floor hygienators. Cracks me up every time.
Zeneporting sound effects are pretty. Actually heard them for the first time today.
If you place a diving lot in Moonlight Falls, it will be shallow and have grass on the ground. Grass comes with the ambient sounds of birds singing. Yep, even under the sea. :p

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#10881 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
Cool! Just did this on my game and it's amazing how much time this girl has on her hands compared to her mother, since her needs have to be taken care of so rarely. She practically runs the house now
Small discoveries:
Babies are subjected to the moodlets from incense and floor hygienators. Cracks me up every time.
Zeneporting sound effects are pretty. Actually heard them for the first time today.
If you place a diving lot in Moonlight Falls, it will be shallow and have grass on the ground. Grass comes with the ambient sounds of birds singing. Yep, even under the sea. :p

I love having genie toddlers around they save so much on space. Just leave them out side, put all their toys out there just take them in when they have to sleep. Since genies are immune to weather it does not bother them one bit. Best yet, sometimes friends of the family will stop buy get sick of me ignoring the front door and start teaching the toddler how to walk or talk. XD

I shouldn't admit to this abuse.

Bonehilda counts as a baby sitter and she'll sometimes feed kids. Cheaper and faster option then calling a baby sitter.

Lab Assistant
#10882 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 1:18 AM
Dude, same. I plonk down fairy houses and mostly ignore the winged toddlers. My outdoor-hating kid spent his toddlerhood in the playpen in the garden, even during thunderstorms *cackles* They grow up so fast... because the adults aren't gonna look after them :p

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#10883 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 1:12 AM
Daredevil sims change into their bathing suits before interacting with the bee box. It goes about as well as expected.
Test Subject
#10884 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:31 AM Last edited by rofishy : 12th Dec 2017 at 8:19 AM.
I need a daredevil sim, I already have a bee box.

Things I learned today:

If a roommate gets knocked up your baby or not you have to raise it. If you a trap a pregnant sim on your lot when the baby comes they will magically teleport out. Damn.

I need to find more Sims 3 experiments to do.

*Edit:* Why is my cromebook posting as DrowningFishy which my user name SHOULD be, and why is my Acer posting as rofishy?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10885 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rofishy
*Edit:* Why is my cromebook posting as DrowningFishy which my user name SHOULD be, and why is my Acer posting as rofishy?

Looks like you have two accounts.
Top Secret Researcher
#10886 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rofishy

Something very fishy about that. Keep it under your hat, you're only allowed one account.

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#10887 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:25 PM
I just discovered that if your sim is playing an instrument using "Jam," not only are they eligible to receive tips long before they would be allowed to play for tips, they are also able to gain social even if they are the only one around.

I also discovered how quickly a genius vampire with the fast learner perk gains logic when reading a logic book in the library at night while a fairy radiating an Aura of Mind and Body sleeps in the fairy house in the children's section upstairs...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10888 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I also discovered how quickly a genius vampire with the fast learner perk gains logic when reading a logic book in the library at night while a fairy radiating an Aura of Mind and Body sleeps in the fairy house in the children's section upstairs...

What, no time for a Skill Gain drink? Slacker!
Scholar
#10889 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM
Normally when I build houses, I base rooms off a 5x5 size. I'm beginning to learn that if I'm intending for pets, it really should be 7x7 with a 4x4 bathroom. My current house has all the routing problems because of this. Also burglars can steal the automatic pet washer thing.
Top Secret Researcher
#10890 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 10:42 PM
Yeah, I tend to go for 6x6 and a 4x4 bathroom, for the same reason.
Scholar
#10891 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 11:06 PM
I tend to go for 2x3 or 3x3 bathrooms because I generally use the All In Ones. And a small 'private' bathroom with nothing but a tub in it, so that any stressed Sim can have a nice, relaxing bath.

I learned that, if you want to create a Genie in CAS, not only does the skin automatically change to blue, it still has a weird... shade(?) to it, if you alter it back to a 'normal' skin color. (I don't want my Genies to be too obvious!)
Test Subject
#10892 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I tend to go for 2x3 or 3x3 bathrooms because I generally use the All In Ones. And a small 'private' bathroom with nothing but a tub in it, so that any stressed Sim can have a nice, relaxing bath.

If I'm building less than a full bath, I go for toilet and sink instead (half bath iirc), since hygiene can wait longer than bladder.

I learned I can share the Finder Helper with other sims. Now my small-pet-hunting granddaughter can borrow it from my gem-hunting grandma.
Alchemist
#10893 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
I learned I can share the Finder Helper with other sims. Now my small-pet-hunting granddaughter can borrow it from my gem-hunting grandma.

It's annoying that kids can't use it on their own, though :/ Especially considering that they get the "collect butterflies" opportunity. You are basically forced to resort to activating it in a teen+'s inventory, pausing the game, and switching between the teen+ and the child.

I've discovered that ghosts that return to the netherworld do leave an urn behind and can still be restored through the Science rabbithole opportunity!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#10894 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
It's annoying that kids can't use it on their own, though :/ Especially considering that they get the "collect butterflies" opportunity. You are basically forced to resort to activating it in a teen+'s inventory, pausing the game, and switching between the teen+ and the child.

Granddaughter is a YA now, so she can go lizard-hunting on her own.

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I've discovered that ghosts that return to the netherworld do leave an urn behind and can still be restored through the Science rabbithole opportunity!

Awesome! I got the opportunity, and the only ghost I had handy was the papparazi who died in my front yard. o_O So I went ahead and restored her so I could activate it.
Test Subject
#10895 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:59 AM
There are a few odd time that I find something new in The Sims 3. While what I'm about to say may not be new to a few some of you, 'tis very new to myself. While I was play not very long ago, I discovered that you could actually get arrested in game. I was under the impression that the only sims able to get arrested in game, were burglar sims and teenage sim breaking curfew. Turns out that with the right EPs, you're very own sim can get arrested too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10896 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DietSwiftieCat
Turns out that with the right EPs, you're very own sim can get arrested too.

What did your sim do wrong?
Instructor
#10897 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:10 AM
I found out that you can create custom tattoos by layering multiple tattoos together with various colors/sizes. There's even an option to save them as a custom preset.
Mad Poster
#10898 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What did your sim do wrong?

(raises hand) Objection! Sims do not get arrested because they have done something wrong. They get arrested because they are accused of doing something wrong.
Test Subject
#10899 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 8:54 AM
My Bonehilda died tonight. I didn't know that was possible, considering she's an animated skeleton!
Mad Poster
#10900 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
My Bonehilda died tonight. I didn't know that was possible, considering she's an animated skeleton!

I saw her a few sim days prior and she didn't really look herself, she was kind of pale and uhh...gaunt(?) looking. Was going to say something.

Just kidding, but what was the cause of death?
Page 436 of 490