Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2014 at 11:59 PM Last edited by HorseSimmer09 : 21st Dec 2014 at 1:47 AM.
100 Puppies Challenge
Hello everyone. I made this a 100 Puppy Challenge instead of a 50 Puppy Challenge is because your dog has litters of puppies or sometimes just one puppy. I am sorry if there is something like this on Mod the Sims or on any other website. I'm still new to writing challenges, so this might not be the best written challenge you've seen. Please, if you see any corrections that I should make, just tell me in the comments below, please don't make fun of me. For this challenge, you MUST have the Pets expansion pack.

Note: I'm sorry if I ramble a little.

CAS: In Create-A-Sim, you may create a Male or Female sim. You can make your sim look however you want. The trait(s) I recommend for your sim to have is, Dog Person, Friendly (Your sim has to be nice to their dogs of course), and Green Thumb (I will explain later). You can, its your choice, create another sim in Create-A-Sim to help care for your puppies/dogs, he/she, whatever gender you choose, can look however you want them to. Now, you can create your dog in CAP. Your dog may be male or female, all though I recommend your dog to be a female. The trait(s) I recommend for your dog is Friendly (so he/she is nice to their human and other dogs).

Backstory: Since you were a little girl/boy, you wanted a puppy. Your family was poor, so you never got a puppy. When you grew into a teenager, you dreamed of working with animals. So, when you had your birthday and turned 18, you got a job as a Vet's Assistant. You worked with dogs, cats, birds, rodents, and many other animals. Once, you got enough money, you adopted a puppy with very unique features. You raised the puppy until he/she was an adult. When you finally grew up to be a Young Adult, you had an idea. You were going to move out, and start a dog breeding business with your puppy, now adult dog.

Rules:
1. You may not get a full or part time job. That's when the Green Thumb trait comes in handy. To make money you have to make a garden, paint, write books, etc.
2. With one of your sim/sims, when one/all of your puppies from one of the litters ages up into an adult, you MUST teach them to sit. Its teaching them something like the 50 foal challenge, you have to train your horses, or the 100 Baby Challenge, you have to teach your toddlers their life skills.
3. There's three way you can fail. .A. You don't have a sim to carry on the business, and .B. You don't have one of your dog's puppies to carry on the challenge if you don't achieve the 100 with your first dog, Finally, .C. For scoring, if you don't have at least 200 points, you fail. (It might seem a little harsh but every puppy born, 100 times 2 is 200.)

Scoring:
+2 every puppy born
+5 Every puppy taught to sit
+3 Every puppy gaining/learning the Friendly trait
-5 Every puppy not taught to sit
-10 If your breeding dog dies
-3 Every puppy gaining/learning the Aggressive trait

Note: I hope you people reading this enjoyed this challenge. I know that I enjoyed writing it.

Edit: If you have a mod that allows you to sell the dogs, just to make it a little bit of a challenge, you have to make money by JUST selling the puppies/dogs. You don't have to if you don't want to, but I would suggest that if you don't, you shouldn't use the option to sell the dogs/puppies.

Heres a twist you can add:
You must have 3-5 kids in each or your only generation of your save file. I hope that if you add this to your challenge, it'll be a lot less boring.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:57 PM
If anyone has any questions please ask. And, if anyone creates a blog for this, please leave a link in the comments.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:50 PM
I'm starting to get worried that people don't like my challenge, if your doing the challenge, can someone please tell me how its doing and maybe even keep me updated?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 5:45 PM
I'm getting worried. Can someone please comment of what they think of the challenge, or even if your playing the challenge, have you come across a problem with the challenge.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:14 AM
I'm going to try it. IT sounds interesting and hard at the same time. Once I get around to my other challenge I'm going to start it... Or maybe right now. and don't worry, I'm sure quite a few people are trying this challenge.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 1:17 AM
I think this should be 101 and show a picture of a dalmatian :D

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mon1496

I couldn't help but laugh at this, I actually thought about making two dalmatians. I decided to make them a rottweiler and doberman. You should make dalmatians and see what happens.... And if you can tell the difference.
I have a question. When the dogs learn the necessary skills, can you "sell" them to different families? I was thinking of setting up prices for certain things like traits, age, etc. Or would I have to simply put them out for adoption? I was thinking along the lines of real adoptions and things about ages and such, and was curious on if this would lead to extra money or simply an extra space.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:19 PM
I would say yes to "selling" them to different families, or you could even put the whole litter with one family. If you want to, each time you put an animal up for adoption, (If you put them up for adoption) you could do the cheat for the family funds, you could give your self 50, or even 100 simoleons, but if you want to, you can give yourself 5 to 10 simoleons for a challenge.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mon1496

That would be a really good idea. If you want, you could do a 101 dalmations. Just make sure that, your female is having the puppies, otherwise if she doesn't it kind of just defeats the whole purpose of the challenge.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 5:35 PM
Alright, thanks! I'm really glad you cleared that up... Is there any real limit to the money you have to start? I'm asking because I spent over 100,000 simoleons on building... I thought maybe before I started playing with the leftover 10,000 I should ask. I could always delete some things.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:07 PM
Well, Lily is pregnant with her first litter. I thought I should introduce you guys to the characters.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:02 PM
I think your dogs are very pretty and handsome! *applause* I love the sims too, I like how you gave them a ranch/dog feel, and used a lot of the pets items.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Alright, thanks! I'm really glad you cleared that up... Is there any real limit to the money you have to start? I'm asking because I spent over 100,000 simoleons on building... I thought maybe before I started playing with the leftover 10,000 I should ask. I could always delete some things.

I would say, that it doesn't matter how much simoleons you spend on building the house, as long as you set it to at least 3,000 simoleons. When you set it to 3,000 simoleons, you have to earn the money from there, you can grow a garden, paint, play an instrument, etc. I personally don't like the repo-man at all. So, if you can't pay your bills, you can cheat for money then, but you can't do it any other time.

Note: I'm sorry if what I just said, didn't make sense, and if I repeated things, I'm sorry.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HorseSimmer09
I would say, that it doesn't matter how much simoleons you spend on building the house, as long as you set it to at least 3,000 simoleons. When you set it to 3,000 simoleons, you have to earn the money from there, you can grow a garden, paint, play an instrument, etc. I personally don't like the repo-man at all. So, if you can't pay your bills, you can cheat for money then, but you can't do it any other time.

Note: I'm sorry if what I just said, didn't make sense, and if I repeated things, I'm sorry.

Okay thanks! I just wanted to clear that up... I hate the repo-man too. Why not just do like the sims 4 and shut things off. So much simpler than having to put things back after some guy with a tornado gun came and swept it away!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Okay thanks! I just wanted to clear that up... I hate the repo-man too. Why not just do like the sims 4 and shut things off. So much simpler than having to put things back after some guy with a tornado gun came and swept it away!

I don't actually have The Sims 4 yet, and I'm going to get it soon. I haven't really looked into it yet, either. So, I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean by, "closing stuff off."
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:26 PM Last edited by KiriMaccyG : 15th Nov 2014 at 4:38 PM.
I haven't yet done a challenge, but this one sounds rather interesting so will give it a go right now!

I have a mod installed that allows me to sell pets at the consignment store, is this allowed as a way of making money, once the pups have learned the "Sit" command?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:33 PM
I would say yes, because if there was a choice to actually sell the dogs, I would put that in the rules.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 3:00 PM
Started a blog to upload the story to!

http://kmgsimschallenges.wordpress.com
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:10 PM
I'm so happy that you created a blog, because I've been looking for Sims 3 stories to read. Just a reminder to everyone, if you play this challenge, please keep me updated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:17 PM Last edited by HorseSimmer09 : 16th Nov 2014 at 8:06 PM.
I just created my own 100 Puppies blog, the link is here.

Note: The link to the blog shown in this post, it has CC. I'll soon be creating a blog about The Sims 3 100 Puppies Challenge without CC in a different gameplay.

Edit: You'll have to start from the bottom of the page for my blog, because the first thing I posted goes from bottom to top. I hope you enjoy my blog! Thank you!
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 4:36 PM
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:05 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:01 PM
Awesome!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:06 PM
I can't wait to keep going! I'm pretty glad I don't have to deal with anything today, too much snow on the ground. Woo! Happy days and time to play! I am attempting at figuring out how to upload a blog, sadly I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:59 PM
Well, as most of you ought to know, the dogs have had their first litter, two little boys. Their names are Club and Spade, don't ask why Spade was randomized and Club came to mind. They are both strong little pups and are flourishing in the nice house that was scraped together by their owners. They adopted a horse to earn a bit of extra money from. Of course they bought a stallion so they could offer him as a stud, he could make them quite the profit. They currently only have about 1,000 simoleons but they are getting by. They are happily living and it turns out that Ace is a much gentler father than most were expecting. Lily is enjoying the quality time but still gets around to her own space to play some ball or cuddle up with her master. It's so peaceful, now Lily is having her next litter! Spade and Club aren't even grown yet and here comes the next little creatures.
Screenshots

Page 1 of 8