Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4926 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
BO's NoLecherousDramaProfs Mod

But then I wouldn't be able to see the hilarious bit where the Drama Prof tries to leap into someone's arms only to fall on their butt!
If my current mods setup proves inefficient at improving awful logic, I guess I'll have to consider other options, but for now, I think I'm good.

edit:
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
You can change the Sim's Gender Preference very easily with LizzLove's Gender Preference Adjuster

When someone gives me an in game way to set gender preference to -1000/-1000, I'll be ecstatic. For now, Sim Blender works well enough for my day to day needs, and SimPE only takes, what? 20 mins to load?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#4927 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I have never seen this in my game, and I would be really quite angry if I did. It's irrational and ridiculous. A sim who reacted that way to their partner rejecting a flirt from some random cow/drama prof (or anyone really) would be getting punished by me in some way. Probably a few ways.

Same with me and I feel the same way. I've had couples where one rejected multiple flirt/kiss attempts in front of the other and no jealousy was triggered, even when marriage was involved (although I did eventually see relationship drop between one flirter and the girlfriend of flirt target that could be related). Might have something to do with having ACR, I know that does other things make jealousy more reasonable and I don't think I have any other romance mods.
Alchemist
#4928 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:22 AM
Season's Prima Guide confirms cats interacting with fireflies. it tells the same with butterflies.
Field Researcher
#4929 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM
@LilSister It was actually Logan who ran away- the one who picked the fight. He's aggressive, independent, and hyper. He's been doing better since he was able to be trained by his new family- he didn't give his old family a chance lol. As in real life, all dogs are good boys/girls, but he's caused way more trouble than the typical dog and at this point I just like to pick on him.

@Rosawyn , @Peni Griffin , interesting! I'm gonna try a few of those fixes. I made him flirt with the dormie anyway and they're now in a committed relationship. The cow mascots must be heartbroken.

@lordtyger9 , thanks for the suggestions! I already knew about the no social worker hacks, but I like the threat of the social worker most of the time. I might try the homework mod. James didn't need any special help to "get back" to straight, but I might download that gender preference adjuster to make a few of my sims gay. I've just been keeping them all straight until it's time do romantic stuff, and then choose. I don't have ACR or anything that sets their gender preferences automatically.
Mad Poster
#4930 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:35 PM
Speaking of physique, I used to joke around with a friend sort of like an inside joke that Grim Reaper went on a diet in TS3.
Theorist
#4931 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Speaking of physique, I used to joke around with a friend sort of like an inside joke that Grim Reaper went on a diet in TS3.

Don't forget that, judging by the odd shininess of his robes in Sims 3, he also became a latex/rubber fetishist.
Field Researcher
#4932 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:09 PM
Irrelevant, but needs to be said. TS2 Grim Reaper's design is the best. An effort was made in TS4, but not good enough yet.
Scholar
#4933 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:20 PM
after sims 2 most things were worse including grim reapers look

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4934 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
Also, let's be honest: TS2 GR had better animation than any other in the franchise. Though in pair with TS4 (he actually puts Scythe into used).
Field Researcher
#4935 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:20 PM
Not to mention: Grim actually is a threat in TS2, and he means business. Try to interact with him and your game goes BOOM.

In my humble opinion... badass.
Theorist
#4936 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
It irks me to no end that Maxis didn't make the universal NPC's like the "safe" ones so if you, the player, want Olive / whoever else to marry Grim or whoever else, then you would be able to and the game would just re-generate them...

Especially since they made it part of the storyline. How many people got the idea of having babies with Grim from Olive and Nervous?
Scholar
#4937 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:52 PM
probably half of the people who played sims 2 including me.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4938 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I was fooling around in the CAS lot and noticed one of the paintings on the wall showed the Grim Reaper doing the "peace" sign while posing with a family... I love it! I love the Maxis design of Grim for 2. Like, I think it's the best interpretation of him out there. Even the low mumbling voice which they gave him fits his physique quite nicely.

I REALLY, REALLY need that picture

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#4939 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
2. This want. Though why would you want to encourage your kids to be lazy?

The Sim is probably themselves lazy in personality (maximum of 4 in the Lazy/Active scale) and would like their child to be equally unenthusiastic about zooming around the place. I've never seen a Sim want to encourage someone to be the opposite of their own personality.
Scholar
#4940 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:08 PM
or maybe she wants her son to stay stay at home all the time so she has someone to care for until she dies?

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#4941 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
I've never seen a Sim want to encourage someone to be the opposite of their own personality.

Well, yes, but that's probably only because they can't. A Sim can't encourage a character trait they are not expressing themselves.
Mad Poster
#4942 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I REALLY, REALLY need that picture

You can get it here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=161883
Lab Assistant
#4943 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
Well, yes, but that's probably only because they can't. A Sim can't encourage a character trait they are not expressing themselves.

As I discovered to my dismay when I tried to get the parents of an extremely grouchy child to encourage niceness, only to discover that neither were actually nice enough to do so. Really though, ideally I feel like they should only need a few more nice points than the kid to try to convince it to be slightly less mean (or similar). After all, I probably lean more toward the grouchy myself but I'd still feel obliged to discourage my kid from physically attacking other kids.
Field Researcher
#4944 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
well townies are homeless right? and homeless people are too poor to buy good clothes so that'll be why

Am I the only person who's going to step up and say that this is a harmful stereotype? It's true that many homeless people cannot buy new/good clothes, but many do not buy the clothes themselves, and many will buy clothing instead of other things (that the middle class would consider more essential) in order to disguise the fact that they are homeless. I've taught many homeless students, but also many more who were homeless at the time, and whom I didn't discover had been in that situation until a long time afterward because the situation was embarrassing/stressful and they didn't want to talk about it or anyone to know.

The stereotype that all homeless people are obviously poorly dressed (and dirty) keeps us from recognizing others who need help.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#4945 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:59 AM
@ihatemandatoryregister Clearly he's wearing her out. Maybe he's hyperactive? (Oh my gosh, you want trouble, play a sim with all his points in neat, outgoing, active, and playful, and zero nice. I think Colin was shy one or two in playful and outgoing from max, but he had maxed active and neat--born in game, so he had more points than a CAS sim.)

She just wants him to settle down, read a nice book, maybe play some chess, stop running around the place, jumping on the furniture, and driving Mommy nuts!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4946 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:17 PM
I just discovered recently that you can recolor the guitar itself by using the design tool. Always thought it came in one default colour! Awesome!
Mad Poster
#4947 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:36 PM
Actually discovered this two days ago, but... A plantsim toddler eating snow will not fill up their water motive at all. I mean, that's literally water.
Lab Assistant
#4948 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 2:16 AM
I have learned that Bigfoot will try to scare babies. Thank God though, he can't complete this task because, well, they're babies.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Mad Poster
#4949 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:10 PM
Upon greeting your enemies that will result in their (unwanted ?) invitation to the house.
Mad Poster
#4950 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Upon greeting your enemies that will result in their (unwanted ?) invitation to the house.

Pescado's interactwogreet:

Quote:
ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Has it always bothered you that you have to greet people, thus giving them free
run to traipse through your house at will, even if the only thing you plan to
do is pummel the living crapola out of them for kicking your trashcan? Want to
just unceremoniously pummel the living crap out of them, or say a word or two to
passers-by, and then let them go on their way, without having wave, hug, or do
whatever it is that sims insist on doing? Want to beat the snot out of that cow?
Go for it!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 198 of 445