Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:59 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 29th May 2018 at 7:47 AM.
Default MTS TS4 Mod sections almost getting as lax as Maxis. Who cares?
Fucking shout me down if you will, but there once was a level of professionalism, a strict code, when certain things just would not fly, they would be pointed out to be corrected. What's changed? When a mod gets posted with the modder saying this about their own mod - "I'm pretty sure the resource it alters is..." - then WTF? Are you pretty, pretty sure? And what about the queue moderator? How sure need they be for TS4 mods? "I'm pretty sure the mod should be passed." Fucking whoop-de-do. As long as we're all half fucking sure. Of course I blame Maxis. (They probably pay more attention to this section than anyone else. Apparently.) They taught you well for TS4.

Awww, man. Evolution sucks sometimes. Especially while the gods are not watching or even give a fuck. "I'm pretty sure" they may care again one day, so that's cool. (It'll fly for now.)

I get it. The modder was, of course, certain of the XML they were editing, they just were not certain of its gazillion-digit title. I know. I see that.

But if you can't have a giggle, then why bother? Fucking Maxis.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:09 AM
I think it's also that most of the modders don't care anymore as well so the posts end up written with that attitude... It's sad really that I keep seing great modders retreating from the scene saying "fuck it all"...

I think Sims 4 will have so many great mods once it ends. No more EA to break shit, modders will nibble up the bad and bake the new goodies for the game, changing it completely.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I think it's also that most of the modders don't care anymore as well so the posts end up written with that attitude... It's sad really that I keep seing great modders retreating from the scene saying "fuck it all"...

I think Sims 4 will have so many great mods once it ends. No more EA to break shit, modders will nibble up the bad and bake the new goodies for the game, changing it completely.

We can only hope some of the great modders that quit come back and improve the game like they did TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:28 PM
Apparently the game lifespan won't end in next couple of years, so my hope's postphoned...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:53 PM
It could be that the upload moderators here are just very busy with their own lives to actively scrutinize the uploads. Or, if not that, then could be the upload moderators are simply fatigued with their duties. If the latter is the case, I'd suggest to the staff to recruit more upload moderators.

This is a trend that seems common in many modding communities. Regular, or even irregular, game updates disheartens the fan base.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2018 at 9:01 PM

Though kinda unfortunate If you think about it. Certainly gives it a pass for developers not picking up their shit after themselves, and (probably not of my business, but) people will continue to play the game modded as long the mods exist as they couldn't play the vanilla game (some even said If it weren't for mods they would have stopped playing TS4 now or a long time ago). That kinda gives an underserved financial success to the corporation. Excluding that particular popular mod equivalent to TS3's bug squashing/workaround thing, everything serves for improving vanilla additions/elements that are either were flawed or missing from the game that feels otherwise no reason for not to exist.

Sorry If this whatsoever to be relevant to the thread. Just wanted to express what I think of such dilemma.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th May 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
It could be that the upload moderators here are just very busy with their own lives to actively scrutinize the uploads. Or, if not that, then could be the upload moderators are simply fatigued with their duties. If the latter is the case, I'd suggest to the staff to recruit more upload moderators.

This is a trend that seems common in many modding communities. Regular, or even irregular, game updates disheartens the fan base.

Yeah, for example I love CK2 but am not playing it at the moment because I know a new DLC is coming pretty soon. I won't get that immediately, but the patch with it is going to massively update features I do have, so I'm just waiting.

With Paradox's record on DLC releases, often I'm going back to the classics (like Vicky 2), whichever one that's just had an update, or Sims 3. Because I'm a simmer.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:00 PM
The thing about releases is that a developer can work with modders to minimize impacts to mods. You can see it with Cities Skylines, where Colossal Order actually allows modders to access the game's code in advance so that they can start updating mods in advance and not be completely blindsided.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:12 PM
Colossal Order is that generous. If only a thing or two were learned from them.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:22 PM Last edited by thevogel : 29th May 2018 at 11:50 PM.
Over the past couple of years I have really grown to respect all of Paradox, Colossal Order and their Mods. The people that mod for City skylines are freakin' geniuses.... and I love that colossal order gives them seemingly free rein to update when needed and create brand new modded content Daily! City skylines is pretty spectacular even when playing vanilla.... there are some truly brilliant mods out there that just add an extra element to that game that is mind blowing.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 29th May 2018 at 11:42 PM
There are some great mods out for Paradox and CO's games. I'm a mod addict there, too. (Why I pretty much never play Ironman; I love mods.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
And what about the queue moderator? How sure need they be for TS4 mods?

Is this rhetorical or do you really want to know?

If the latter, you might want to post in the site issues forum. It doesn't look like any queue mods are reading this.