Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#1051 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Exactly! And when you switch through the categories it always uses the category filter, so you actually have to look where the freaking eyeliner is you just used. Or when you create a new random Sim they always end up having a random hat or glasses in one of the categories and you can't just delete accessoires or makeup from all categories at once. Sigh.

Forgive me if you already know this and I'm just repeating common knowledge: If you hit the "+" button to create a new outfit in a certain category, their current outfit is copied. Not exactly a fix and you'd still have to delete accessories, but it'll keep all your makeup in-tact. For that new outfit, at least.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1052 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Since I installed seasons my played Sims have outfits ( outerwear) on them I didn't put on them. Anyone else notices this about their sims?
Scholar
#1053 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
Since I installed seasons my played Sims have outfits ( outerwear) on them I didn't put on them. Anyone else notices this about their sims?

Obviously, so they won't get cold/sweaty outside if you didn't choose the outwear for them just yet..
can be fixed easily with a quick travel to CAS :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1054 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Another question - Is it normal that unplayed Sims always get incredibly skinny? Am I unlucky that I encounter this all the time or is that an actual issue?
My played households usually end up with Sims gaining more and more weight so they have to exercise, but my unplayed Sims are so ridiculously skinny. I just realized that this is like an epidemic in my game

Do you visit Gym lots often? The game has to send other Sims there when you visit and if you visit often then the other Sims being sent are also spending a lot of their time exercising so will lose weight.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#1055 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gremily_
Forgive me if you already know this and I'm just repeating common knowledge: If you hit the "+" button to create a new outfit in a certain category, their current outfit is copied. Not exactly a fix and you'd still have to delete accessories, but it'll keep all your makeup in-tact. For that new outfit, at least.
It copies the outfit? I thought it just creates another outfit for that category, so you can have up to 5 different ones per category for one Sim.

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Do you visit Gym lots often? The game has to send other Sims there when you visit and if you visit often then the other Sims being sent are also spending a lot of their time exercising so will lose weight.
Not really often. The theory would make sense for adults I guess, but all my children are affected by it as well. They look like freaking slenderman. Also, shouldn't they build some muscles instead of literally getting skinnier? Their shoulders and whole build is smaller (like someone pressed it together) and you can see the ribs.
Scholar
#1056 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:21 PM
It copies the outfit? I thought it just creates another outfit for that category, so you can have up to 5 different ones per category for one Sim.

If you add an outfit to the same category, it does copy the first one you've made, and you can change it of course, so you have 5 different ones on the same category.
but when you change category, it's not copying anything from other categories.. it's like you've said.

although, if you stay zoomed on the face, with the makeup panel open, it's not too hard to pick the makeup for all the categories you want..
I also wish you could copy it tho.. it would have been easier..

(I was sure there is such an option using MCCC but it turned out there isn't
only that you can copy makeup from one person to another)
Instructor
#1057 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
^ Thanks for explaining that better than I could've
But yeah. Not exactly what you're looking for, but better than nothing I guess? Kind of? Maybe? Eh?
Field Researcher
#1058 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:52 PM
Uhm. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's a CC conflict but when my Sims drink the tea at the joker festival... they actually don't drink from the cups. They place them down and then drink from an invisible cup. Also my Sim refused to use the mic stand. Sure it was raining so I don't know if that had an effect (but an NPC could tell jokes on the mic?). He went up to it, turned around and walked back. Only to try it all over again. Eventually I quit the interaction.
Lab Assistant
#1059 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 11:58 PM
A couple of questions:

1. Can your own sims really not trick or treat in Seasons?

2. Why are we back in the early days of TS2? Why are meshes never included? There's no reason not to except everyone other TOU doesn't want them to. I feel like this is because they just want more hits on their blog - but is there some other reason technically/mechanically as to why its best not to include meshes?
Forum Resident
#1060 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
A couple of questions:

1. Can your own sims really not trick or treat in Seasons?

2. Why are we back in the early days of TS2? Why are meshes never included? There's no reason not to except everyone other TOU doesn't want them to. I feel like this is because they just want more hits on their blog - but is there some other reason technically/mechanically as to why its best not to include meshes?

I can only answer the first question, but yes, the Gurus said only other children can come to your door, but you can't go trick-or-trreating with your own Sims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1061 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:46 PM
As for the mesh sharing thing, it's a courtesy thing. If somebody went to the time and effort to create a brand new mesh for their content, they want recognition for it and not allowing others to include the mesh in their recolours or what ever else is also an extra step to stop people taking the content and claiming it as their own.

Top Secret Researcher
#1062 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:30 PM
Other houses are supposed to follow suit when you decorate/remove decorations on your house right? They did say that?

It's blinking christmas lights 24/7 around here. Thinking to make a new save and see if it helps (apparently that fixes the calendar bugs too)

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1063 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:18 PM
I can only answer the first question, but yes, the Gurus said only other children can come to your door, but you can't go trick-or-trreating with your own Sims.

When does this happen exactly? I'm currently in Fall and I've yet to see any trick or treaters. To add, I had to create my own "spooky day" event which I thought would've already been included on the calendar by default, unless they'll appear on that holiday despite the fact it's custom made?
Field Researcher
#1064 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
When does this happen exactly? I'm currently in Fall and I've yet to see any trick or treaters. To add, I had to create my own "spooky day" event which I thought would've already been included on the calendar by default, unless they'll appear on that holiday despite the fact it's custom made?

Doesn't look like Halloween was added in by default. (Unless it's a surprise)
Test Subject
#1065 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM
Has Sims 4 become good yet?
Field Researcher
#1066 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford

They only come if you make a holiday and add trick or treating as a tradition.
Field Researcher
#1067 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Doesn't look like Halloween was added in by default. (Unless it's a surprise)

It’s not. Presumably in case people don’t have the spooky stuff dlc but it’s a weird omission.
Lab Assistant
#1068 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:36 PM

That seems just... weird. Hopefully they patch this in? Because, like, how does any kid feel good knowing other kids can come to their door to trick or treat but they can't? They just put on one of two costumes.

As for the mesh sharing thing, it's a courtesy thing. If somebody went to the time and effort to create a brand new mesh for their content, they want recognition for it and not allowing others to include the mesh in their recolours or what ever else is also an extra step to stop people taking the content and claiming it as their own.

But that doesn't really make any sense - the people who are going to claim the mesh as theirs aren't going to follow that first rule in the first place. It's not an extra step at all, lol. You can still get recognition, same as how TS2 creators get their recognition. Numerous prolific TS2 creators allow their meshes to be included and we don't forget who the hell they are. IDK, I still think it's silly ! But thanks for giving me that other side of things.
Lab Assistant
#1069 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:35 AM
I have more questions, lol.

1. Is it possible to have one-sided relationships or something like that? If not naturally, does anyone know of any mods that enable it?
Field Researcher
#1070 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
It’s not. Presumably in case people don’t have the spooky stuff dlc but it’s a weird omission.

Instead they transferred stuff from the Spooky stuff into Seasons. It's a really weird practice as it makes it seem like the Christmas and Spooky stuff pack are just useless because all that come with Seasons. (Not all content though as far as I know. Just some were moved on over)
dodgy builder
#1071 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
I have more questions, lol.

1. Is it possible to have one-sided relationships or something like that? If not naturally, does anyone know of any mods that enable it?

You mean, like with yourself?
Scholar
#1072 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You mean, like with yourself?

I believe s/he meant to ask if it's possible to have a situation in which there are two sims, one sim likes the other and the other sim doesn't like him back..
but since sims only have 2 bars (friendship and romance) that are going up or down for both sims at the same time with every interaction, it's not possible to happen.

the only thing that could happen is unsuccessful interactions
for example when a sim tries to flirt with someone, but this someone doesn't approve..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1073 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Instead they transferred stuff from the Spooky stuff into Seasons. It's a really weird practice as it makes it seem like the Christmas and Spooky stuff pack are just useless because all that come with Seasons. (Not all content though as far as I know. Just some were moved on over)

The only way they got around that is that the items they did take from Spooky Stuff and add to Seasons have different colour swatches. The Spooky Stuff versions have more dark and natural colours while the Seasons versions have brighter, more "fake" colours. Still a cheap stunt if you ask me personally.

Forum Resident
#1074 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:38 PM
The only way they got around that is that the items they did take from Spooky Stuff and add to Seasons have different colour swatches. The Spooky Stuff versions have more dark and natural colours while the Seasons versions have brighter, more "fake" colours. Still a cheap stunt if you ask me personally.
If they actually stole the gameplay items from the SP then I guess the outrage would be much bigger (which would be completely understandable). But I'm still frustrated they took some lights and deco items without bothering to create new ones. Yes, yes, limited budget and time, blah, blah. But just taking things from a previous pack really rubs me the wrong way because we all knew Seasons would be coming, so it's not like they had no idea they would release a seasonal pack with holidays in two years. I'm pretty sure they could've found a way to create three new lights and a spooky decoration instead of just taking them from the ~ 20 build items that SP just had. (I'm so annoyed by them cluttering up the catalogue and CAS with basically the same items but different swatches, but that would be a rant for a whole other thread )
Scholar
#1075 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 12:20 PM
Does anyone know if you actually get any money for winning the lottery? Both of my housemates won the lottery but I didn't see my household funds go up.
Page 43 of 86