Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:35 PM
Default Ever questioned the sims when it came to parents and their children...?
I'ma be honest here, I've felt like the sims should've at least showed more emotion when it came to parents with their kids, or just any relationship that is deeper than others, I mean I don't care that much, but I've thought about how like when like a child dies, the sims should react more, or like if a friend dies, everyone grieves differently, but you at least the sims can show some sadness or remorse.

When Sim children die, I felt like the parents and siblings should've felt a deeper sadness or something for it.

Depending on the relationship, that is.

Like when the children get taken away, (sims 2 incident) one of my sims kids got taken away, I tried my best to take care of them but one Plantsim and seven toddlers (all plantsim) desperately needing sunlight at night time...The odds were against us.

Sims should have some emotion when that happens because In Real Life that's a very painful experience, and it's even worse when you are trying your best to keep them. At least it should trump all the small emtions over things that mean nothing like a plant died, or whatever. I'm thinking about making a mod that overrides that buff to make it stronger.

And now I will let you all share your thoughts on it as I am done. Goodbye.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:48 PM
Since Parenthood's release, I feel like my sims have more significant relationships with parents and family members. Heck, my sims will autonomously "think about family members." I always did think it was odd, though, that sims had a relatively short grieving period. At least it seems that way. The way I play it is that sims' emotional regulatory systems are just different from ours
I haven't had a death since having Parenthood installed, so I'm not sure if that GP has changed anything about the way sims grieve family members.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:48 PM
You've got your priorities in the wrong place. Sims shouldn't feel angry or sad when tragic life events occur. Just like real life, your emotions are dictated by MySims trophies and the face you make when you poop.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:57 PM
From TS3 to TS4, they changed the trait "Dislikes Children" to "Hates Children" and I thought that was interesting

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:18 PM
This is TS4. Why do sims should feel grief or any of that? It's utopia game. Stories wouldn't be weirder, no would they? You're playing the whole wrong game young lady/boy . Simmers rather have sims party all day in the bathroom with talking toilet while uncle takes an angry poop on it because traitless guest beat him at musical chairs that all manage through clip through to take a shit while their eyes balls where squashing out of their face along with the huge smile. #blameSteve xD Isn't that what the demography, which what makes up of players under 12 that are like teenage-girl-wannabesm, prefer in their new millennial game?

Honestly, this topic to death by the fandom and it's hard not to agree on it. Hardly anybody opposes it and it actually players have been demanding through the four years of the game's history . I won't be surprised If the sims in these installments till its end remain soulless apathetic sims that are bunch of robots (act the same despite the difference in traits) because developers were, intentionally or not, aimed to make the game a reality show rather soap drama that many veterans simmers find the yearning for.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
I'ma be honest here, I've felt like the sims should've at least showed more emotion when it came to parents with their kids, or just any relationship that is deeper than others, I mean I don't care that much, but I've thought about how like when like a child dies, the sims should react more, or like if a friend dies, everyone grieves differently, but you at least the sims can show some sadness or remorse.

When Sim children die, I felt like the parents and siblings should've felt a deeper sadness or something for it.

You should try this mod out https://roburkyplaysthesims.tumblr.com - I use it and my Sims are sad for days in TS4. I think the relationship grieving period is ok - could be better just anything else in TS4. What annoys the absolute cheese out of me is that if the Sims aren't present/or are asleep on the lot when someone dies, they automatically don't get a sad moodlet! Did this happen in TS3?! Theres no way right? I can't remember. My teenager was off to school when suddenly both of his parents dropped dead from old age, which I actually was grateful for and really hoped he'd get the hell off the lot so I wouldn't have to deal with "I'm going through a phase" shit in TS4.
I really appreciate the introduction of phases in TS4, but the embarrassed/sad phases are garbage, that fucking walk! UGH! NO ONE WALKS LIKE THAT. They don't look sad/embarrassed, they look like they may have just shat themselves.

I will end this by saying as another poster said: "The Sims 4 is a utopia." It lacks so much emotional depth, there is almost no consequence. I had TRIED to get demoted for DAYS in the Political career, to finally start going into work (instead of working from home and never doing the job) and started leaving early - still didn't get demoted. I mean, what the hell. No one wants to play perfect Sims utopia all of the time! I love playing 'perfect' families in The Sims; everyone is an overachiever, everyone has breakfast/dinner together, game nights, I even have some sims pretend to go to church. But I need conflict too, especially if I'm trying to play an Evil sim. It just gets so tiring. No burglars that I could in turn Marry just for kicks.
One of the worst parts is that when you do finally have a negative mood buff, they are so incredibly chore like to deal with that it's almost not worth it. Anyone remember when your Sims were in a terrible mood via TS1 and suddenly Tragic Clown, Sunny was there to make your lives better! But all he would do was wake your Sims throughout the night and it would be hell trying to deal with him without calling the clown investigators. That's what the TS4 negative mood buffs can feel like, more specifically the uncomfortable buff, but without any of the wit and fun of having that monster in your house. But don't worry, if you walk into a decorated room, your Sim doesn't have to be sad that their dog died at their very feet that morning! Wacky!