Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#76 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 2:02 AM
There is a blender plugin for body meshes in another thread. Search should help you out.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#77 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:40 PM
Hey Wes,
How important is the skeleton file you mentioned in your tutorial?(glasses)
I never use the one that comes with the geom file but use your default one(included in the plugin?)
I am asking as i am now struggling with accesoires that do look ok in CAS but are off position ingame.

Do i need to use the original unk(skcon) file when importing a mesh in Milkshape?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#78 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 12:52 AM
There are variations in some of the files, especially on the non-core joints, and that is why I went to all the effort to write in the .skcon file read. You remember the problems that happened in TS2 when someone moved a joint (until I turned that off). I believe a similar thing will happen with the joints here.

You should be able to check the alignment by pulling the .skcon and importing the modified mesh files (not have to track back to the beginning). If your accessory is not properly positioned then, you can move it.

Remember from the feet project that VertexIDs are used by the sliders and affect alignment even when you aren't actually using them.

Sockpuppet
#79 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 1:51 AM
I understand.
Going to check it out
Sockpuppet
#80 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:07 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 26th Oct 2009 at 3:36 PM.
Quote:
Remember from the feet project that VertexIDs are used by the sliders and affect alignment even when you aren't actually using them

Back
But these are accesoires...they dont have a vertID.
I will clone a clothing mesh and convert it to accesoire, see if the problem remains.

Edit,
Think it is in the feet mesh(the toes)...those verts dont have a vertID.
I hope you reconsider adding a commit all button to the extra data tool because i have to reassigne more then 500 vertices(toes) to one single vertID...for each foot.
Test Subject
#81 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 5:11 PM
Default hi wes
Is this tutorial suppose to replace the default glasses.. i've done it works great thanks but the originals are not in game now?? if so how do i make stand alone meshes?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 6:22 PM
Now, go use your newly developed skills with Delphy's CTU Tool.

Test Subject
#83 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 11:53 AM
I've downloaded this and dragged the files into the milkshape folder but it's still asking me to pay. What am I doing wrong, what do I go into after import? I'm soo confused.
Alchemist
#84 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 12:08 PM
If Milkshape is asking you to pay it probably means that your 30 day trial period is over. To continue using Milkshape you'll have to register it and that means you'll have to pay for it.

I'm confused as to what your next question is asking. Perhaps you could start your own thread about it with a few more details?

OM
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:08 AM
I didn't get a 30 day trial period
Alchemist
#86 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:27 AM
Well, for issues with MilkShape, you can go to the MS forum here:

http://www.chumba.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/

I hope that helps.

OM
Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:42 AM
Chumbas administrator has disabled registration so I can't ask about milkshake there . When I import a mesh extracted by CAS I can't see it to edit it in milkshape because blue scribble is all over it.
Anyone encounted this? Am I doing something wrong?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#88 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 3:07 AM
Mete is on vacation, so he disabled registrations until he gets back. Unless you have ever tried to run a website, you have no idea of how many 'robots' try to create user accounts every day in attempts to get messages posted advertising work at home, easy pharmaceuticals and body part enhancements... these have to be cleaned up after.

I also answer this question regularly... if I was smart, I would keep a link to one of my answers. But I am not so smart, I guess. The problem is one of scale... by default, MilkShape uses a scale of 1.0 for the circles used to draw joints with. TS3 uses a scale where 1.0 is a meter, so the joints in their default size are huge, and overlap each other. The joints are colored blue, and that is what the blue lines are.

In the File menu for MilkShape is an item "preferences". Choose that, and in there a tab called "misc" will be a place to specify "Joint Size". Use somewhere around 0.01 to 0.012 (adjust this to your preference) and you will see the blue lines appear as a skeleton.

In the "Joints" tab is a checkbox, Show Skeleton, which will toggle the skeleton display on and off altogether.

Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:23 AM
Genius, I love you! Thanks for your patient retyping of old answers!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#90 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 8:13 PM
Well, the error is there because the importer expected to find a number smaller than 256 and found something larger. Either the file isn't right or there is a variation in some files that is not reflected in the coding.

I need an example of one you are having trouble with to look at this in more depth.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#91 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 9:45 PM
I have checked it over. The file is properly formed, but defective. The number of polygons shows to be 5,024, but the polygon data block contains 7,167 polygons.

The tail end of the file has one byte missing. But even after altering the length value and inserting the missing byte, the file did not load properly, some of the face indices seem to be out-of-range.

I don't think this mesh could possibly be loaded by the game, it probably just silently rejected it and used some default mesh.

Please don't ask me to fix any more Peggy hair meshes. It is a waste of time.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#92 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 6:00 PM
It's the Peggy syndrome... her stuff frequently has problems that should never have been released that way. Attention to detail and basic testing appear to be absent from her work methodology.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#93 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 4:27 PM
Question: What does it mean when I try to import a morph over what I believe to be the correct base, and the importer gives the error: "Vertex tag value does not match base" ?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#94 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 4:51 PM
There is at least one VertexID in the morph file that does not match the corresponding vertex in the base file (group 0).

The error message text probably predates my finishing teasing out all of the GEOM spec details... much was done by building an importer as I went along, testing details in what would become the plugin. As a consequence, it lacks some of the structure it may have had if I was able to start with a written spec.

Sockpuppet
#95 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 14th Dec 2009 at 8:27 PM.
Wes, i am afraid you switched the plugins with a older version?
when i export the mesh with its fit/fat and thin morph i end up with 4 identical files were the TGI references etc are also stored in the morphs.

When i edit the comment boxes and give both the basemesh and its morphs the correct comments i get the error:
'' Face list of basegroup must match morph face list ''

Edit,
Oh crap....
I imported a basegame mesh and all the morphs, then imported the base mesh but already edited.
I knew exactly wat i edited so i switched the base meshes and edited the morphs the same way as the base.
Unfortunate all get messed up when exporting .
Should be possible in theorie not? All have the same ammount of verts and faces.

When i reimport the mesh and its morphs the plugins import them as new meshes with the same comments as the basemesh but all vertID's are gone...
Renumbering gives me a error
'' Face 1 point index 26 doesn't match base index 2 ''
Alchemist
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 2:29 AM
The morphs have the vertex and normal deltas, the VertexIDs and the face list (all the polygons). In all of the game files, the VertexIDs and face list match exactly between all of the morphs and the base file (for any one LOD).

So the exporter and importer check that all of these match, too. I would be remiss if I let unusable files to be generated. The issue with the face (triangle) lists is to make sure the vertex order is the same. A typical triangle list might have 0 1 2 for the first triangle, meaning the vertex numbers. 0 2 1 would be the same triangle with the vertex order reversed. But because of the reversed order, that triangle will not morph properly.

I can tell you that making morphs in something like Maya starts after the mesh is finished, and is done by duplicating the mesh, and then changing some attributes that make it be a morph, and then the artist edits the vertex locations.

That is also the way you should make your morphs in MilkShape. If I relaxed any of the morphs mesh checks and restrictions that are built into the exporter, you will just waste time making files that won't work right in the game.

Sockpuppet
#97 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 1:15 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 15th Dec 2009 at 2:33 PM.
I was afraid of that....i guess it kinda ends for me here.
Making morphs from the basemesh is way to much work, something i already stopped doing with the alphadresses for the sims 2.
Its not just a matter of scaling here, i have to adjust/edit every single vertex and doing that for 4 meshes.......

Edit,
Found out wat is the problem.....
With the Unimesh export all morphs get a copied uvmap from the base mesh wich automaticly fixes updates and edits.
The GEOM plugins ignored these edits and stick to the original uvmap.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#98 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 5:52 PM
I am struggling to understand what is wrong here. Did part of what you worked on use UniMesh? That would explain where the lost VertexIDs went.

In TS3, I can no longer automatically split vertices at UV Map seams, like UniMesh does, because it causes the morphs to have the wrong vertex count and face list.

If the Q-Mesh exporter complains that "Face 1 point index 26 doesn't match base index 2" then the second triangle, third point of the morph (which is referencing vertex index 26) is not the same as in the base mesh... the triangles are in a different order, so your morphs will not have the vertices all matched properly, some are going to be swapped.

If you have triangle points swapped, you may get an explosion of a lot are swapped (off by one) when the morph is triggered, or if just a few, you will get some section that twists when the morph happens.

So swapping an edited mesh for the base is possible, but not if the edits that were made change the base mesh face structure.

Sockpuppet
#99 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 8:18 PM
I cloned this fullbodydress, removed the legs and the part were the legs were attached to the dress.
Then made this dress a top so i could use it with the nude and undie bottoms

In Milkshape i made a very small edit to the base mesh, i split up 2 faces(one on the right and one left side of the dress) to avoid some clipping with the bottom.
I also regrouped a part of the dress in order to move it to another position on the uvmap.
Had to do this as top and bottom textures are overuling eachother.(fullbodyoutfits that are made with tops and bottoms use just one texture file.)

Besides that i spent hours to fix boneassignements and moving other verts arround so it animates smootly with the underwear bottoms

Unfortunate the morphs caused clipping as they do not have the same measurements so i had to adjust those to.
And since i only split up 2 faces and regrouped and moved a part on the uvmap on the basemesh i thougth it was easy.
I have done similar things before with adding nipples and such but this time i could not get the morphs exported correct.

I ended up with completly deleting(regrouped them to use the data tool later) the lower part of the dress on the morphs, the part i regrouped
Then had to copy that part from the basemesh 3 times and used your data merge tool to give them the correct shape for the morphs again.

After all it was just 1 hour extra work but i think its wise to edit the base mesh while the morphs are also included and save them as ms3d file before i delete them and go testing with the base mesh.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#100 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 10:34 PM
I always save my stuff as an .ms3d file. Sometimes lots of them, so I can go back to previous versions when I mess up.

So have you got this fixed? I think I am reading that from your message.

Page 4 of 10