Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#101 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasRabennest
Hi there,

hm...really...I don't think I'd want it. I love the game just like it is and a Mod as big as this would almost 100% destabilize the Game and that's something I'd rather not risk for mine. Probably I'm just too retro to think out of the box.

DasRabennest

As nice as it would be to actually see the Sims driving and taking taxis like The Sims 3, I have to agree with the above. If a mod like that were to be made, then The whole Sims 2 game itself would be a mod
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Sounds like you were using the default Sims 3 Story Progression, in which inactive families randomly move in and out of town. I use the Nraas Story Progression mod for Sims 3 so families don't randomly move in and out (I switch between Sims 2 and Sims 3, and have gotten the Story Progression mod to the point where it doesn't bug me too much, but I still can only control one household at a time. I can switch Sims 3 households using the the Story Progression mod, but its a pain in the ass at times because the mod ends up doing I don't want it to do with the household I just switched from. I once lost a bunch of nectar bottles because the frigging mod sold them all.)

Yes. I did. I left the game before considering downloading mods. Not sure that I knew that mod or any mods in particular existed back then. I compared the vanilla base game to the complete vanilla Sims 2, and, well, no contest.
Test Subject
#103 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
They are called AndrewGloria and Chergirl Sims and I made them for the two of you (could not resist Thought I gave AndrewGloria glasses from working and playing on a laptop and long hair (no time to visit a hairdresser between working and playing Sims) - and long legs and long black hair to Chergirl because, well, Cher.

Well I have got like light brown hair to dark blond hair and I am pretty short.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:36 PM
I see others posting in this old thread so i guess its ok to add my view: What I like most of all about Sims 3's open world are the views from the home lot. I like being able to send my Sims anywhere I see something going on..like watching the sky for cloaked spaceships and sending my Sim directly to the area underlying the rainbow shimmer to meet and chat up the visitor. That stuff is fun. I would like better views from the home lot, but I've accomplished some of that to a degree with custom neighborhood deco in my Sims 2 game. So, my answer is I do not want all the problems that came with the open world as implemented in Sims 3, but some aspects of it would be desirable in Sims 2 and one can do some of that with custom content or, if Al is installed, apartment lots.

I might like a modified open world, with subsections where, within them, easy foot travel can happen but then loading to get to other zones, but more interestingly done, like a subway or taxi interior little movie scene with images shown that reflect details of your town whizzing by during the transition for immersion sake, not just a boring load screen.
Test Subject
#105 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've just added you to my Friends List, a feature I've never used on MTS before. I've no idea what it does, if anything. (Actually I regard most of the regular contributors to this forum as my friends -- I've just never thought of using the Add to Friend List button before.)

I don't actually play as a Sim, but I do dream of going to Veronaville and meeting my favourite Sims face to face. It's one reason why I always try to be good to my Sims -- so they'll like me when they meet me. Yes, I'd love to go to Veronaville, buy one of those lovely little half-timbered houses, get myself a job (in my LTW career of course) and live the rest of my days with my Simmie friends. :lovestruc In my game with Aging Off, and the No More Fires mod, I could be there with them for ever.

@justpetro, Are those Sims called AndrewGloria and Chergirl? I wouldn't mind looking as good as he does!

Well you CAN actually go to Veronaville and meet your favorite sims faces! Just download a camera mod so when you go near the sims they wont clip or fade its very simple. Just go to downloads then Game mods then Config mods and then finally lighting and camera mods then just download Sims2Sims2 Camera mod that works good. And then download whatever else you want to BUT!!!!! DONT put it in the downloads folder put it in the cameras folder but befor you do that back up the other one you have. Then.......

TAA DAAAA!!! hahaa. you can be a sim if you want to. because its REALLY FUN FUN FUN!
Mad Poster
#106 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chergirl
Well I have got like light brown hair to dark blond hair and I am pretty short.

Sorry Yet you are a Sim and I changed your appearance
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:58 PM
Sorry Yet you are a Sim and I changed your appearance

Ok its Ok and thanks for changing me and also one more thing...haha...I am a child
Test Subject
#108 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 11:05 PM
And I am going away I will see it some time in the morning also I live in tenerife sooo I am going to bed. BY!
Mad Poster
#109 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 1:33 AM
They are called AndrewGloria and Chergirl Sims and I made them for the two of you (could not resist Thought I gave AndrewGloria glasses from working and playing on a laptop and long hair (no time to visit a hairdresser between working and playing Sims) - and long legs and long black hair to Chergirl because, well, Cher.
You're not far out with me. I do wear my hair long, and have done ever since I was 17. Maybe not quite as long as the Sim's but it always at least covers my ears. And I've been wearing glasses for even longer -- since I was 14 -- see my post #72 above. I wish I was really as good looking as AndrewGloria Sims though. :lovestruc

Keep us posted how AndrewGloria and Chergirl get on in your game!

Chergirl, I'll look for that camera mod you mentioned. I often use the game's own "freecam" tab key camera to get close-up shots of my Sims. But it's time for me to go to bed too -- I live in Scotland. And really I'm an elder, but I try to keep myself looking young enough to pass for an adult.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#110 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You're not far out with me. I do wear my hair long, and have done ever since I was 17. Maybe not quite as long as the Sim's but it always at least covers my ears. And I've been wearing glasses for even longer -- since I was 14 -- see my post #72 above. I wish I was really as good looking as AndrewGloria Sims though. :lovestruc

Keep us posted how AndrewGloria and Chergirl get on in your game!

Chergirl, I'll look for that camera mod you mentioned. I often use the game's own "freecam" tab key camera to get close-up shots of my Sims. But it's time for me to go to bed too -- I live in Scotland. And really I'm an elder, but I try to keep myself looking young enough to pass for an adult.

Will do I live in South Africa and is friends with Insomnia.
Test Subject
#111 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 12:25 PM
I love playing the sims 2. For me its the best sims game ever even if its not got an open world! I love it! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#112 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 2:13 PM
If there was such a thing as an open world in Sim 2 that was perfect and had no strings attached, no weird other-families-progress-when-I'm-not-controlling them effects, etcedera, then sure... I would enjoy that feature. But I don't really crave it... I usually keep my sims holed up at home all day long, anyway.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Scholar
#113 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:10 PM
I love TS3's open world and Story Progression. But I hated all of the routing errors and other problems that would crop up. I had no cc at all except for some genetic default skin, eyes and slider replacements. I had not a single downloaded piece of hair, clothing or furniture to my name. Yet my mods folder was freaking HUGE because I added tons of crap to keep TS3 from falling apart. I specifically bought a hulk of a PC that was jacked up to do nothing but play TS3. It STILL runs like a slow piece of junk.

I never would have gone back to TS2 if TS4 would have never been made. I liked TS3 just fine. When TS4 came out, the only positive thing I got out of it was that loading screens weren't as bad as I thought they were. Because the rest of the game totally sucked, that only made me want to try out TS2 again.

I now like TS 2 again. I still like TS3 as well. But they are very different games that I play for very different reasons depending on my mood. I don't want open world TS2. I wouldn't mind ts2 sim personality in TS3 sims, though. I would love a real OFB for TS3. But except for CAST, there's nothing from TS3 that I'd want in TS2. Even if I took everything I loved from TS2 and put it into TS3, id still play TS2 when I was specifically in the mood to play TS2 style rotational play instead of hilariously entertaining and random Story progression.

And btw, I know it's bad manners to trash the other sims games, but TS4 manages to combine everything I hate about load screens and rotational TS2 style play with my least favorite aspects of TS3 story progression. If I were going to make a hybrid of TS2 and TS3, taking the worst parts of both games wouldn't have been the direction I'd have taken. Just sayin'.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#114 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:23 PM
Bad manners? Really? Oh.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#115 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:14 PM
To whom are you replying, maxon?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
#116 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:19 PM
He was talking to me. I just said it in a paragraph so I could pretend to be polite before I bashed TS4. (Really autocorrect? Instead of bashed, you changed it to 'vase he'd'?)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#117 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:29 PM
Yeah, I usually don't pretend to be polite.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#118 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:42 PM
Reading comprehension -- I fail at it, apparently. Thanks for clarifying, since I was super confused.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#119 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:45 PM
She was talking to you, not he. If there is a thread set up to bash TS4 I don't mind joining the party.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#120 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 10:36 PM
Yes. Yes, I do wish there was an open world actually.

My ideal game would be something like Grand Theft Auto crossed with the Sims, maybe not as violent but just an open world like that where you could just randomly walk into any shop/restaurant/whatever and talk to people, buy stuff, or drive around and visit any place in the city.

But I would also want the ability to play as anyone I want and a robust character creation system that allows you to tweak everyone to your own specific liking, and the ability to build/edit lots of course.

I think that a first person mode would be amazing also, I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done in the Sims yet. Just let us switch to first person where you can control their movement manually instead of just clicking "Go Here" or whatever.

The way it is now, it kind of forces us to assume a god-like role in directing and micro-managing their actions when sometimes it would be nice just to "be" the character you're playing as. (You can sort of pull this off by locking on with right-click and good camera mods but it could be much better.)

I remember that the huge selling point with TS3 was "NO Loading Screens!' and I've heard players say they couldn't imagine dealing with loading screens like TS2 has.

I really don't mind the loading screens between lots…I mean, most games have them, they're not all that long, and they give me a minute to be like "Okay, what do I really want to do on this lot" before I arrive.

But yes, it would be nice when you have gone to all the trouble of creating a perfect neighborhood to just be able to roam around it freely, especially in a car, on a bike, etc.
Even if the individual lots still required loading, just make the main hood an open lot that we can explore on foot or drive around.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#121 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 10:49 PM
That is a semi open world. I posted way back when TS4 was a glimmer saying I hoped the world was like Skyrim, open to explore with buildings that get loaded so that there would be plenty of sims on community lots. Open world means sims are going on with lives while you don't control them, I never want that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#122 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:12 PM
I'm currently back to Sims 2. It's a combination of disappointment in Sims 4, and the need to upgrade my video card to play Sims 3. I don't think Sims 2 needs an open world. It's a great game on it's own. The world is immersive, even after playing Sims 3. I do miss the body sliders, but I could achieve the same effect if I really wanted to with custom body shapes. If we could take Sims 4 sims and plop them into the Sims 2 worlds, now that would be something. The sims 4 world is a joke. I'm not bothered by loading screens in Sims 2, but I hate them in Sims 4.
Page 5 of 5