Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 2732 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 8:41 AM
Default Sims 3 creating customized pet accessories
Ive noticed people have created customized pet accessories etc. That aren't the accessories already preloaded in the sims 3 game. How do they do it???
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
30th Jun 2017 at 8:42 AM
Default Sims 3 creating customized pet accessories
This message has been deleted by heaven. Reason: duplicate
Advertisement
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:16 PM
It's actually just a matter of cloning an existing pet accessory and just pretend it's a sim's accessory. If you're familiar with accessories in general
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:26 PM
Default Thanks
Lol i have no idea what that cloning thing is about.
How do i begin to do that myself??? What if any specific software do I need to download??? Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
It's actually just a matter of cloning an existing pet accessory and just pretend it's a sim's accessory. If you're familiar with accessories in general
Destroyer of Worlds
staff: administrator
#4 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:37 PM
I've merged your threads. Please do not create the same thread in multiple places at once.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:39 AM
I would recommend trying to stick with one thread. Because creating 3 threads could be considered spamming which is not allowed on here and much harder to keep up with the replies given on your threads! I personally couldn't get to your reply sooner due to being busy with life. Had it been a week, or month, maybe even a year! I would understand re-creating a new thread in a different forum.

The tools however, it depends! Most people use TSRW for creating tools, for pets that would be a nice tool to use though some people rather do them by hand (Since CTU doesn't support creating pets stuff, only sims stuff if I recall right) So TSRW is a really great place to start! I would however get this version instead of the latest one since it will break your own created CC no matter what you try:

http://simfileshare.net/download/206613/

For meshing, I would recommend choosing a 3D program. Not sure if you're already familiar with a 3D program, though the most preferable 3D program would be Blender and Milkshape 3D 1.8.5 Beta (However you do need milkshape for all sims related custom content to make it more 'game compatible') here in the community, although a different 3D program like maya or 3Dx max would be fine too!
3D programs however I would try to look up a few tutorials on the basics since no sims tutorial will teach you how to mesh or use a 3D program due to the fact that people use various 3D programs.

For pets, I would recommend checking out accessory tutorials, as mentioned in my previous reply. Simplyimaginarypeople made a really great accessory video for sims which you could apply on pets. I will try to dig a little deeper on find a tutorial on how to make pets content, if not, write one myself (which takes a lot of time to do so )

So, just a summary of what you need:

- TSRW
- Milkshape 1.8.5 Beta
- Meshtoolkit
- Photoshop or Gimp
- a 3D program
- *optional: S3OC and S3PE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:09 PM
Not a problem, thanks for letting me know. My reasoning was try to reach as many people as possible for help. But i understand, ]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:10 PM
Not a problem, thanks for letting me know. My reasoning was try to reach as many people as possible for help. But i understand, ]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:14 PM
Oh ok, i understand concerning the multiple threat issue. Thanks for letting me know. Thanks for your help too. This is all so very complicated lol but thanks for listing the exact programs i need. I've found some tutorials but i just couldn't totally understand then as this whole mod thing is completely new to me. For tge photoshop, gimp and the last one listed, are those specific programs or just a type i need??? If they are just a type could you let me know what specific photoshop gimp etc do u use???

QUOTE=Greenplumbbob]I would recommend trying to stick with one thread. Because creating 3 threads could be considered spamming which is not allowed on here and much harder to keep up with the replies given on your threads! I personally couldn't get to your reply sooner due to being busy with life. Had it been a week, or month, maybe even a year! I would understand re-creating a new thread in a different forum.

The tools however, it depends! Most people use TSRW for creating tools, for pets that would be a nice tool to use though some people rather do them by hand (Since CTU doesn't support creating pets stuff, only sims stuff if I recall right) So TSRW is a really great place to start! I would however get this version instead of the latest one since it will break your own created CC no matter what you try:

http://simfileshare.net/download/206613/

For meshing, I would recommend choosing a 3D program. Not sure if you're already familiar with a 3D program, though the most preferable 3D program would be Blender and Milkshape 3D 1.8.5 Beta (However you do need milkshape for all sims related custom content to make it more 'game compatible') here in the community, although a different 3D program like maya or 3Dx max would be fine too!
3D programs however I would try to look up a few tutorials on the basics since no sims tutorial will teach you how to mesh or use a 3D program due to the fact that people use various 3D programs.

For pets, I would recommend checking out accessory tutorials, as mentioned in my previous reply. Simplyimaginarypeople made a really great accessory video for sims which you could apply on pets. I will try to dig a little deeper on find a tutorial on how to make pets content, if not, write one myself (which takes a lot of time to do so )

So, just a summary of what you need:

- TSRW
- Milkshape 1.8.5 Beta
- Meshtoolkit
- Photoshop or Gimp
- a 3D program
- *optional: S3OC and S3PE.[/QUOTE]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:30 PM
Meshtoolkit one downloads the sims 3 caw. Is that correct???
MakeNeedsStaticOn
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:14 PM
I personally like Photoshop more over Gimp, but it doens't really matter whether you use a really old version of it or the latest one. But It doesn't matter whether you use GImp and Photoshop, nor do the versions. (Which i guess you mean with types)

Meshtoolkit is for creating sims related things, not for creating worlds