3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#13401 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:47 AM
I would think professors are safe to change clothes. You can easily interact with them, and my Sims have married a couple.

My Sims have interacted with bartenders and cheerleaders OK as well. The llama mascot has this tendency to still wear the llama head, even after graduation (still trying to recapture those glory days?), but there is a mod for that, and except for a fixable moment or two, he seems to have put the llama head in storage.

My Sims have adopted cashiers, sent them to Uni, and when the cashiers turn to adults, they have married other Sims and had children by them. I have never had a problem with them.

Certain Sims have used the Christianlov clothes rack to change clothing on the above Sims ,as well as the newspaper deliverers. They've then dated them. Don Lothario has also used the Christianlov rack to change Kaylynn's outfits. One of my Sims married a male maid after changing his clothes with the rack ... no problems whatsoever.

I haven't tried the others, but I have tried the hairdresser back when I didn't realize that might not have been a good thing and before the Sims Wiki. I changed his clothes with the rack first. As far as I know, it didn't cook my hood (but who knows ... maybe I did find another way to corrupt it!)

The hairdresser just did not work. Many items dropped out of the menu, it was too tough to date him, and I never did it again. I don't know if this was specific to my game, but after reading about hairdressers when the Wiki came out, I don't think so. I will never mess with a hairdresser again, no matter how cute he or she is. And this means no playing with the Christianlov rack.

Source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...e_to_play_as%3F

Re the Uni hotel: I'm finding out more stuff about it ... not bad ... but will move this to the hotel thread. This is not the place to expound on it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Scholar
#13402 Old 2nd May 2018 at 4:04 AM
Does anyone know if Kativip is still around? I really loved her downloads back in the day, just wanted to know if she is ok...and doing well.
Scholar
#13403 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Does anyone know if Kativip is still around? I really loved her downloads back in the day, just wanted to know if she is ok...and doing well.

You thinking about Cradle of Darkness?It's still around. I had some contact whit the creator in late december and got a reply so I guess she's doing well.

http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13404 Old 2nd May 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm on Classic site theme and whenever I go into a creator's profile and click on 'all downloads' or any category of download it comes back with an error message about 'Sorry, no downloads could be found for that search!'. If I switch to Bootstrap it works fine. Is this likely to be a glitch that they'd fix or are they trying to force us into Bootstrap whether we like it or not?

As far as I know, notDelphy is no longer supporting classic - you could ask him though in Site Issues.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13405 Old 2nd May 2018 at 7:56 PM
Just quickie -- because I've forgotten:

How do you manually fulfil a Sim's want?

Is it Shift-Click, or Right-Click, or Control-Click? I'm sure it's something like that. And does Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled have to be on?

Teen Matt Sparks wants to go out with his friend River Jenkins, and I intend to fulfil the want by them going to a community lot together.

Because the in-game Go Out/Sneak Out just bores me and worries my teens.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#13406 Old 2nd May 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Just quickie -- because I've forgotten:

Is it Shift-Click, or Right-Click, or Control-Click? I'm sure it's something like that. And does Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled have to be on?

Teen Matt Sparks wants to go out with his friend River Jenkins, and I intend to fulfil the want by them going to a community lot together.

Because the in-game Go Out/Sneak Out just bores me and worries my teens.

Yes ya do need to have boolprop TCE on. I couldn't recall off-hand when I wanted to do it not to long ago so I just tried a few of the different ways and found it, but now I can't recall which it was to tell ya :P. I am thinkin it's shift 'n click, but not totally sure on it.
Scholar
#13407 Old 2nd May 2018 at 9:00 PM
it's control click

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#13408 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:08 PM
Thanks Emerald and Calibrat. Yes it is Control Click with TestingCheatsEnabled turned on. Hopefully I'll remember it now. (I should have known it couldn't be Right Click -- that's how you lock/unlock a want.)

The other one I can never remember is to update a thumbnail. I wonder if that's Control Click too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#13409 Old 2nd May 2018 at 11:25 PM
This is a stupid question... but hey, this is the thread for it!
So if I delete a clothing item (in this case, a top) using the 'delete' button in CAS, will that delete the file from my downloads folder or will it just 'hide' the clothing?

I had no idea this was a thing...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#13410 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:22 AM
Thanks Emerald and Calibrat. Yes it is Control Click with TestingCheatsEnabled turned on. Hopefully I'll remember it now. (I should have known it couldn't be Right Click -- that's how you lock/unlock a want.)

The other one I can never remember is to update a thumbnail. I wonder if that's Control Click too.

It's either Ctrl or Shift + right click. It doesn't work in the change appearance or clothing dialog, though, and you have to go to CAS to regenerate hair or clothing thumbnails.

Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
So if I delete a clothing item (in this case, a top) using the 'delete' button in CAS, will that delete the file from my downloads folder or will it just 'hide' the clothing?

It'll delete the mesh, but not any recolours. I think you don't want to delete default replacements this way though as it can break the game files.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#13411 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:33 AM
about testingcheatsenabled:
Ctrl click on Wants/Fears to "realize" them. or on aspiration's icon to refresh Wants/Fears.
Shift click on characters/objects to bring up "debug menu" interactions.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13412 Old 3rd May 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12

It will delete the file - though not a custom mesh, just the texture. If you're using a custom mesh, you have to hunt that down manually (that's for skins - objects are the other way round sort of).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13413 Old 3rd May 2018 at 2:33 AM
Why is my Sim sparking?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13414 Old 3rd May 2018 at 2:51 AM
Dunno, maybe he sparks her interests?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#13415 Old 3rd May 2018 at 4:35 AM
Has he been electrocuted or used an energizer recently? Sometimes the effects get stuck. The batbox has an option to nuke stuck special effects but it doesn't always work (last picture).
Theorist
#13416 Old 3rd May 2018 at 4:50 PM
Is there a (quick) way to recategorize several dozen NPCs from being tropics locals to being townies?
Field Researcher
#13417 Old 3rd May 2018 at 6:53 PM
Thanks for the help @gummilutt @joandsarah77 @Charmful and @gazania I started with some locals from the vacation destinations, and with all your help I first used Sim Surgery and later changed their clothes and some looks with the Christianlov clothes rack… they look great now and ready to party and the perfect news is that they kept their new looks... I will later start with some cashiers and "secure" npc.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Scholar
#13418 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
Thanks for the help @gummilutt @joandsarah77 @Charmful and @gazania I started with some locals from the vacation destinations, and with all your help I first used Sim Surgery and later changed their clothes and some looks with the Christianlov clothes rack… they look great now and ready to party and the perfect news is that they kept their new looks... I will later start with some cashiers and "secure" npc.

WCIF those two-piece swimsuits?
Mad Poster
#13419 Old 3rd May 2018 at 7:33 PM
Looks like these ones.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=567478
Or these...
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579582
Not all colors seems to be there though.

Field Researcher
#13420 Old 3rd May 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
WCIF those two-piece swimsuits?

I will look for those, sadly I don't keep track of my clothes downloads, but I can try to remember

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13421 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:22 PM
@srtv they look great!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13422 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:33 AM
Why, when I package a lot, do I get loads of recolours of stairs I haven't even used? I used to get the trash can as well, but that seems to have disappeared. Is there any way to stop them being included instead of manually deleting in clean installer?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13423 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:02 AM
Mailbox, stairs and rubbish bin recolours will always try to hitch a ride with your lots. One more reason why I build in a nearly cc free sims 2 folder. Just rename your sims 2 folder and let it make a new one. Then put in a no red pause line mod, no sim loaded with smarter EP check and you can upload without heaps of things needing to be gone through it CI.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13424 Old 4th May 2018 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 4th May 2018 at 1:49 PM.
It does that with any recolors you have. Not just stairs, bin and mailboxes. If you have 13 recolors for that toilet, even though you used only the yellow one, all 13 will follow along.
And to add to what Jo said, if you know you'll package this lot, then decide now which recolor you'll use, so you only have that in your Downloads folder. Just what you will use for that lot.

Oops, sorry, The issue is different, keep reading...

Top Secret Researcher
#13425 Old 4th May 2018 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It does that with any recolors you have. Not just stairs, bin and mailboxes. If you have 13 recolors for that toilet, even though you used only the yellow one, all 13 will follow along.
And to add to what Jo said, if you know you'll package this lot, then decide now which recolor you'll use, so you only have that in your Downloads folder. Just what you will use for that lot.

In this instance I didn't even use the stairs listed, never mind the recolours.
Page 537 of 1345