Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#13426 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:59 PM
Did you use stairs, like any stairs? Maybe you'd get stairs recolors, because you used said railing/fence that is linked to?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13427 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:31 PM
We are not talking about picking that one recolour out of a set (which is another annoying but slightly different lot packaging issue) ,but recolours which hitch a ride without being used at all. Those are bin/trash can, mailbox and stairs. A no CC empty sims 2 folder like I said is the easiest way to avoid those.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13428 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:47 PM
Oh!!!! Sorry then! I didn't know there was such things as hitchhikers...stowaway? I don't download these things you mentioned either. Though I made a few stairs recolor and I don't have them do that?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13429 Old 4th May 2018 at 2:59 PM
yeah, stowaway is a better term. Well not all of them go, I think it might be just from certain stairs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13430 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:19 PM
Can sims eat raw harvested fruits?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#13431 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:44 PM
No, not unless you get Sun & Moon's fruit trees from PBK.
Lab Assistant
#13432 Old 5th May 2018 at 4:59 PM
Has anyone else ever fucked their lightning in neighbourhood view up in a way that makes ground at night be lighted up and everything else including streets buildings etc dark?
Alchemist
#13433 Old 5th May 2018 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Can sims eat raw harvested fruits?

I think there are some castaway extractions that let you do that.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#13434 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:11 PM
In puttin a BBQ on a lot ...
1) Do you need a fire alarm outside?
2) If yes, how near to the BBQ does it need to be to work? Or does just bein outside do the trick?
3) Will the alarm go off if a tree or ground catches fire from lightening?
Mad Poster
#13435 Old 5th May 2018 at 9:56 PM
I normally have a fire alarm outside on my lots somewhere - it does not really matter how far it is from a fire, it goes off and the fire brigade turns up.
Mad Poster
#13436 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
2) If yes, how near to the BBQ does it need to be to work? Or does just bein outside do the trick?

Just one thing..do not put the BBQ against a house wall. It is almost as inviting a fire to your sim's house.

Theorist
#13437 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I normally have a fire alarm outside on my lots somewhere - it does not really matter how far it is from a fire, it goes off and the fire brigade turns up.

Thanks @Justpetro and @Rosebine

BBQ isn't against the house which is why I was curious 'bout where to stick the fire alarm if it was needed.

Another question ... can the BBQ catch a tree on fire? I've never had it done, but then never had a BBQ close to one.
Oh, and how random are BBQ fires? Does it have to do w/ the skill factor of the cook? Does it have anything to do with which BBQ is used? (cheap/ expensive)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13438 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

1)Yes if its a home
2)Anywhere I should think, alarms go by 'room'.
3)yes and you won't get fined or my sims don't

4) outside walls are not the same as inside a room.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13439 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:23 PM
The only BBQ fire situations I have ever had, were just me placing it against a house wall. lol otherwise, no fire, ever. Yes of course, sims will burn their food just like on a stove, but as opposed to a stove, the BBQ itself never catches on fire. In my game anyway.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13440 Old 5th May 2018 at 10:55 PM
Outside wall it will catch fire randomly, inside it will catch fire everytime.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#13441 Old 5th May 2018 at 11:09 PM
about grill fires, some mod I take prevents inside ones. not sure which site or mod's name.

a question of mine own::
some Veronaville (base game pre-made neighborhood) community lot starts with a juice bar. how did Maxis/EA place the object?
Mad Poster
#13442 Old 6th May 2018 at 1:48 AM Last edited by gazania : 6th May 2018 at 4:48 AM. Reason: Nope. It wasn't the case, to my great relief.
While going through my files, I see some CC recolors of pictures I no longer want. I cannot delete them by selecting the picture. I have no idea what the names of these pictures even are.

Logic dictates there must be some easy way to get rid of the problem. But ... how?

(Edited because in a moment of panic, I thought one of my uploads had an unwanted picture. I just put the lot in two separate brand-new games, though and did not see anything whatsoever of concern, so I'm sure this is the case with those who downloaded the lot.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Alchemist
#13443 Old 6th May 2018 at 3:38 AM
@SneakyWingPhoenix, these are the trees I was talking about: https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3053.0. It was updated by Gwenke. It's not the base game stuff, but it's something, right?

And @mdsb759, I'm not sure what you're referring to. The only bar I see is a regular one in Veronaville Market. I'd have to load up the game to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it's from the base game.

As for deleting CC painting recolors, @gazania, I'd found no other easier way than using Clean Installer to preview the recolors and deleting the ones I don't want. It helps if you know the painting/recolor set you want to go through, but I always keep painting recolors in a separate subfolder anyway, to find things easier.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#13444 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:01 AM
Never mind. I'm calmer now. Thank you for the answer, though!

When preparing a lot for upload, I find that sometimes, Maxis picture recolors don't show up in Clean Installer. So I could not find it that way, which was why I offered the picture recolors as a separate download ... to make it easier for anyone who did not want them to remove them.

In my previous post, I explained my momentary panic at the thought of leaving an older (and not especially well-done) picture in the upload that would be pretty hard to get rid of. My blood pressure has gone way down after not seeing the result of my folly in not just one, but two brand-new games I made (on an entirely different machine) to make absolutely sure that no one else wouldn't see it, either. I see nothing related to that picture at all. I wanted to see nothing. It would have been OK for me to see just the Maxis original, but I didn't even see that. So that's cool. No harm done.

Breathe, gazania. Breathe.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13445 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
While going through my files, I see some CC recolors of pictures I no longer want. I cannot delete them by selecting the picture. I have no idea what the names of these pictures even are.

Logic dictates there must be some easy way to get rid of the problem. But ... how?

(Edited because in a moment of panic, I thought one of my uploads had an unwanted picture. I just put the lot in two separate brand-new games, though and did not see anything whatsoever of concern, so I'm sure this is the case with those who downloaded the lot.)

Why can't you select the recolours of the picture?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13446 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@SneakyWingPhoenix, these are the trees I was talking about: https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3053.0. It was updated by Gwenke. It's not the base game stuff, but it's something, right?

Not that I was looking for a mod, especially when it doesn't modify the existing of the vanilla game, but I appreciate nonetheless.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#13447 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Why can't you select the recolours of the picture?

I can select them. I can't delete them separately.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13448 Old 6th May 2018 at 11:27 AM
The little bin/trash can doesn't show to one side? I hate that, I guess they are bundled together in one file.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13449 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:00 PM
BBQ fires - not that random except if you don't have a fire alarm \;0

Although alarms go by room - and that is why i have an outside one - the outside one goes off even if the fire is insde the house in my game. \i put it on the front wall close to the street (not sure if placing it elsewhere will make a difference).
Mad Poster
#13450 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:01 PM
Is there a way to adjust brightness? Or I think that is what the problem is now.
Page 538 of 1346