Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 27th May 2010 at 2:46 AM
Sorry for the link - a ')' in the url tag; corrected now. The results return is the first on the list, anyway, identified by the KB ID#.

Re: the admin ID, without even a password?! Gosh!
When you're online, doesn't take much hacking (if anyone is inclined) to take control of your PC that way. Especially now that you've informed us all .
Easier target for virus/malware/spyware as well.

Hopefully this reinstall works with all the components updated. Good luck!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th May 2010 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Sorry for the link - a ')' in the url tag; corrected now. The results return is the first on the list, anyway, identified by the KB ID#.
I can't believe I didn't catch that :/ I just experienced the exact same thing on another forum yesterday :P

Quote:
Re: the admin ID, without even a password?! Gosh!
When you're online, doesn't take much hacking (if anyone is inclined) to take control of your PC that way. Especially now that you've informed us all .
Easier target for virus/malware/spyware as well.
D: Okay I'll change it too my username

Quote:
Hopefully this reinstall works with all the components updated. Good luck!

Thanks posting back soon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th May 2010 at 7:52 PM
Well I can't change the name of my user... Any ideas?

Side note: Haven't reinstalled yet.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#29 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:11 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:54 AM
Nah, then I would loose all my settings, I would have to see the login screen every time I turn on my pc (which was the reason I chose to use this account in the first place) and there is the chance, I would loose some programs, which was only installed for that account...
But no worries I managed to change the name, after messing around with creating new accounts and transferring settings, so now I once again only have the standard administrator account, with it's name changed, and the guest account.
I reinstalled the game and IT'S WORKING! Thanks for all you have done Anything I can do to thank you?

Side note: Should I try installing the newest patch, or just let it stay at 1.*** to avoid risking a total meltdown again?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th May 2010 at 12:13 PM
Damn it I can't install store content... I download it, but when I click Install in the sims 3 launcher, nothing happens...

Edit: Oh hmm, well a small icon, in the launcher next to the downloaded file, tells me there was an error downloading the content :/ Happens every time.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#32 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:46 PM
Store/Exchange Items need the Launcher & game to be at patch 1.5.x at the minimum now. And EADM has to be at the latest version with Adobe Air (see post#2).

- Install WA and let the WA installer patch the game. After WA install is completed, test Launcher and game can be started at this point (1.5/2.0).

- And then patch to 1.11/2.6 after that. Test Launcher and game again. You can try installing one or a couple of Sims3Packs, now. Check that the CC appears in game.

- If you want to test HELS as well, you can install and patch it after the 2.6 patch is done. Then have to patch it immediately to 3.2 before you can start Launcher. Test if the game is able to load, too before installing anything.

- Have more Sims3Packs to test with? Install them and then try loading game, does CC appear in game?

oohh! compensation, eh? Hmm, donations to ellaisgreat.org wouldn't be remiss. Or maybe a sacrificial of some sort? for the beauteous and ever glorious yours truly? Or wait! I think I'd like a lifetime supply of chocolates and mocha treats. Unless, I feel like it's a smores day that day, or chewy gummi bears or.... decisions, decisions!
Heh, kidding! Nothing necessary.

(Psst! expect my invoice in the mail, though, mkay? My crack team of hackers investigators are tracing your IP address as we post..stay on the line, now you hear??

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th May 2010 at 9:59 PM Last edited by mr_fj : 31st May 2010 at 3:36 PM.
Hehe, ooh and you have a sense of humor too, I guess it was a good thing I gave up on that Official admin guy, huh?

Adobe air was already up too date even before I got Sims 3 (You know back at release :P)... Thanks to iTunes I guess :P

Hmm, at the risk of making a fool of myself, what is WA and HELS? Oh and I haven't actually tried installing custom stuff yet, 'cause I thought the Sims 3 custom content guide on here was the most confusing thing I have ever read (No offense if you wrote it )
I feel so dumb for not being able to figure that guide out, with a decade of computers in my backpack. My dad got me glued to the mouse already at the age of 6

So I will just patch the game normally first?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:15 AM
WA = World Adventures (EP01)
HELS = High-End Loft Stuff (SP01)

That's the general consensus on the Installing CC wiki guide, it needs a serious overhaul! Especially now with the 1.12 patch series and Ambitions (EP02).
No offense taken, my skin is just *that thick.

If you haven't patch yet, it is just as well, since now you can update to the latest 1.12.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
Yet again, thanks for all the help, I don't have WA or HELS so I will just patch If it works you probably wont hear from me again (no reason to keep bumping this topic ) So thanks and goodbye (maybe) :D
Page 2 of 2