Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 8:23 PM
well this what I get when I open the intro mod file.

DBPF
D   MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è MVhd 06PV   ˜: è  ö̱ èšyVáÎT` €  ¥1µštžö€ €  ´Vî"Ç* €  ‹]NüÿÂÀ €  èeŽ]+1åà €  è`’]Ðá4å  €  èj•]é(7å  €  èe˜]–U9å@ €  èt¾]ð>Zå` €  è_e]kò
å€ €  èjp]. å* €  ½Ìz*2Û´$À €  *ÇF*HÏš²à € 
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 9:23 PM
What are you opening it with? It doesn't matter what you are opening it with, because you don't need to open the package file. I'm just curious.

Resource.cfg should be openable with Note Pad. Package files take a package viewer or package editor to open and make any sense of, although "Make sense of" in the case of viewing the contents of a package file might be considered an overstatement by some people. (I still say that a lot of it looks like someone spilled alphabet soup into the computer. lol) You really don't need to open the package file anyway. You just need to have the Framework set up and the package file in the proper folder.

What you -do- need to open, and extract, is the FrameworkSetup. zip file. You can open/extract it with 7-zip, or with any similar program, although you appear to have already done that. Once extracted you have the Mods folder, with the Resource.cfg file, Packages folder, and Overrides folder inside it, and the nointro.package and nobuildsparkles.package files inside the Packages folder. When you drop that whole thing into your Sims 3 folder, there is no known reason why it should not work unless something was not done properly. And as far as I can tell from your posts, you seem to have done it properly. Your folders are actually Mods, Packages, and overrides rather than remaining FrameworkSetup.zip, they are in the Sims 3 folder; you are patched high enough to use them, you don't have a sub-folder in Packages named Mods (which was the problem in another case) and the resource.cfg file is the same one that you get from MTS. And you say that don't have any extra Mods folders floating about where the game could find them. I'm not terribly technical, but I don't think system specs are involved in this.

SO lets try one more thing. Remove the Mods folder you have. (again)
Now Download the new Framework Setup again, and note everything you do as you do it. Yes, this does mean going into details like. "I logged into MTS." " I navigated to the 'Installing Package files' page." "I downloaded FrameworkSetup.zip..." etc. Maybe we can spot what is going wrong if you spell out step by step exactly what you did. (And yes,we are grasping at straws now.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:57 AM
1.I got to MTS and was prelogined
2.Click help tab at the top
3.Clicked installing a package file
4.Stroll to the bottom.
5.Select the game is patch thing
6.Stroll the the floppy disk( I think that what it is) and click it getting the file to download
7.Click the download file called Framework.setup(5)..zip
8.The file open pre-extracted
9.It included the the Resource.cfg, package folder, override folder.
10.Package folder includes the nointro.package and nobuildsparkle.package.
11.Copy the mod folder into the SIm3 folder which is in the Electronic Arts folder under the document.
That was step by step.
Site Helper
#29 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 1:28 AM
I'm really stumped now. It should be working.
The only other thing I can think of at this point is to open the Launcher and confirm that your patch was actually applied, because it seems to be acting the way it would if you haven't patched past 1.12.70.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:33 AM Last edited by mikey : 4th Mar 2014 at 4:21 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4341087, 4341090
I did check the launcher and it does show 6.31 as the current update. Is there another way to check if the update is working? When I recently re installed the game, it was preset to the update 1.63.

I don't know if this got anything to do with it because I don't it worked with mods before but the disc has been scratch because of the disc driver in the computer broke it. Could this result to the game having errors and if so is there a way to fix it with out going to buy the game again.
Site Helper
#31 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 8:27 PM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ind_Gameversion shows how to determine the patch level that is currently in your game, although it seems to be showing the right level.

I wouldn't have thought that a scratched disc would have any affect on -just- the ability to use mods, but if you have it registered you can download a replacement from Origin. (Or you can see if a disc repair kit can polish out the scratch, which I would try first. Granted, they run about 25-30 dollars, but they can be used on multiple discs, and having the physical disc available to you rather than depending on Origin seems like a better idea all the time. )

Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 10:43 PM
Even it seems my game will never be accepting to mods is there any help you can provide me with why my game launcher stop working after I install my Super Natural expansion pack.
Site Helper
#33 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:46 PM
I can point you to the Launcher Issues FAQ, and hope you have better luck running through it than you are with getting your Mods to work... http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Launcher_Issues

If we get really lucky, whatever is causing the problem with the Launcher is also causing the problem with the Mods.

(I was also thinking that you might want to download the 1.63 Superpatcher and run it. It will probably do nothing, since you are already patched to that level, but I suppose it's worth a shot.) http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...oad/Archived/BG, in the 2013 collection at the top after you click "More Info"

Page 2 of 2