Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 5:22 PM
Default **since today ive lost all my households plus houses i created, please HELP!**
i did not delete my households, when i clicked in the afternoon, suddenly it blocked my entrance i only could start a NEW sims 4 game! all my houses and sims whole families were gone, ive tried all tricks from the last months, nothing worked! the houses really made me sad! took a lot of work
please help, who has this same problem? tyou all, love love
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 8:57 PM
Have you tried to repair your game through Origen? That sometimes helps for me when things have gone wrong. Have you added something new--mods, custom content? Is there perhaps a problem with your computer? Shortly after I first bought this game I was having problems that I thought at first were the game's problem--but it turned out to be that my computer was dying. Once I got my computer fixed, the game worked fine.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charliegirlsim
i did not delete my households, when i clicked in the afternoon, suddenly it blocked my entrance i only could start a NEW sims 4 game! all my houses and sims whole families were gone, ive tried all tricks from the last months, nothing worked! the houses really made me sad! took a lot of work
please help, who has this same problem? tyou all, love love

you removed all your cc and mods?
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 12:37 AM
Its an out-dated mod.... Most likely the larger interactive queue or the more members in a house mod.... But none the less its a mod causing your problem.....You will have to remove them then add a few back at a time to determine which one...It may be something totally different from the ones I mentioned..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 9:29 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jun 2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 4781327, 4781330, 4781331, 4781341
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
Have you tried to repair your game through Origen? That sometimes helps for me when things have gone wrong. Have you added something new--mods, custom content? Is there perhaps a problem with your computer? Shortly after I first bought this game I was having problems that I thought at first were the game's problem--but it turned out to be that my computer was dying. Once I got my computer fixed, the game worked fine.
hiya,k i did all tricks, maps out and in but maybe not without my mods and saved games i didnt delete my households thats for sure, tyou! :D

Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
you removed all your cc and mods?
no i didnt delete those tyou :D

Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Its an out-dated mod.... Most likely the larger interactive queue or the more members in a house mod.... But none the less its a mod causing your problem.....You will have to remove them then add a few back at a time to determine which one...It may be something totally different from the ones I mentioned..
ok i will do that thnx :D

i must try that one i guess lol tyou

hiya, i just took my saves, tray and mods in a seperate map on my desktop repared the game like you said, took my mods out i downloaded and put all back i already had but , nope my saved households and creations and photo's are all gone, i only have the one i made 2 days ago and online i still have the households i made back in 2014 all from 2015 are gone in the game, but the household files i still have in that map
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 12:34 PM
Please do not quadruple post.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by charliegirlsim
hiya,k i did all tricks, maps out and in but maybe not without my mods and saved games i didnt delete my households thats for sure, tyou! :D

no i didnt delete those tyou :D

ok i will do that thnx :D

i must try that one i guess lol tyou

hiya, i just took my saves, tray and mods in a seperate map on my desktop repared the game like you said, took my mods out i downloaded and put all back i already had but , nope my saved households and creations and photo's are all gone, i only have the one i made 2 days ago and online i still have the households i made back in 2014 all from 2015 are gone in the game, but the household files i still have in that map

You only needed to take out the Mods folder.
If you saved your saved games to a folder on your desktop then just add them back to the Sims 4 Folder in My Documents.
All you had to do is take out your mods. Go to the creator page, check for an update, download it and then put it in your game.
Repairing the game will not fix the glitch that is caused by an out-dated mod.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:04 PM
here the same after update
reinstalled the sims
nothing helps?
Scholar
#9 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by onkruidje
here the same after update
reinstalled the sims
nothing helps?

Did you take out ALL mods and cc and test the game to see if it works?

I do wish people would test the game without Mods or CC before posting.

Nearly ALL problems are caused by out-dated mods, faulty CC or conflicting mods.

Take them out, run game, if there is now no problem then you know its mod or CC.

Add them back a few at a time, testing the game after each addition. Do this until you find the faulty mod or cc. Most of the time CC will not be the problem it will be an out-dated or conflicting mod.

Then go to where you downloaded the item and check for an update.
All this is standard Sims 4 practice.
Good luck...
Smeg Head
#10 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:09 PM
Outdated mods can actually break The Sims 4 folder in Users, so much so that removing all mods still does not get the game to work.

1. Make a backup of the whole Sims 4 folder.
2.Delete original Sims 4 folder.
3.Start game, it will build a new Sims 4 folder.
4.Exit game, then move over old saves folder to replace new one. Do same with Tray folder if you have stuff in that, also mods folder (Only once you cleared out outdated mods) and any config files for your preferred setup.
5.Start game again and old saves should now be accessible and working.