Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:53 PM
A few quick questons (Im really new)
I'm pretty new to adding CC, and I was just wondering, If you downloaded a file with multiple package files within it, do you have to add all the package files to the mods folder?
If you dont know what I mean I took a screenshot: HERE

Whats mesh? Do you add it the same way you would anything else? Like download the mesh and the recolor?

I also can never seem to get hair ccs to work. idk
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 5:58 PM
ok so you downloaded a newsea hair, the mesh itself is basically just the shape of the hair. Without the mesh, the hair would be invisible in game. Same with shirts, pants, & shoes. If you don't have the mesh, then don't expect to see the cc on your sim in game. A recolour uses the same mesh but the hair would just come in a different variety of colours, Be careful when downloading recolours, make sure it comes with the mesh or you have the mesh already installed. So put the recolour in your mods folder if you desire those specific colours. Oh, and can you respond with the whole titles of the multiple package files please? Also can you explain further when you say you can't get hair cc to work? Do they not show up in CAS or in live mod, not show up on your sims, and or not showing up correctly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koalaluvv
ok so you downloaded a newsea hair, the mesh itself is basically just the shape of the hair. Without the mesh, the hair would be invisible in game. Same with shirts, pants, & shoes. If you don't have the mesh, then don't expect to see the cc on your sim in game. A recolour uses the same mesh but the hair would just come in a different variety of colours, Be careful when downloading recolours, make sure it comes with the mesh or you have the mesh already installed. So put the recolour in your mods folder if you desire those specific colours. Oh, and can you respond with the whole titles of the multiple package files please?

Oh I see, thank you!!
and here you go (In order):

Plumblobs_Newsea183_Titanium_CF.package
Plumblobs_Newsea183_Titanium_PF.package
Plumblobs_Newsea183_Titanium_TF-EF.package

The thing with the hair is, they just wont work, my sims wont load past the "Sims 4" loading screen
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:37 PM
If you have those packages already in your folder I'd advise taking them out. CF= Child Female. TF-EF= Teen Female, Young Adult Female, Adult Female & Elder Female. PF= Toddler Female. Seeing as how the The Sims 4 doesn't have toddlers, you might have downloaded some sims 3 hairs ( sims 3 cc comes in package files too so be veryyy wary). Sim 3 packages are known to make The Sim 4 not go past the loading screen, I've had the same problem before.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
http://modthesims.info/d/546572

Download the mod manager from the link above. It'll scan your Sims 4 mod folder & tell you which files are Sims 2/Sim 3/Sims 4. Anything besides TS4 files, go to your mod folder and remove them. Worked for me