Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 3:53 AM
Default Will my computer run TS4?
I got my computer Christmas 2013, so right now its about half a year old, and I'm really hoping it'll run TS4 well, it runs TS2 like a charm on highest settings and TS3 *almost* like a charm on all highest settings. I say almost because there's a bit of lag, but I think most people get that.

System:
Alienware X51 R2

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit

Processor:
Intel Core i7-4770 (CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8 CPUs))

RAM:
8.00 GB

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Hard Drive: (I wasn't sure what to put here so I'm copying this from the My PC Information app that comes with Alienware)
•ATA ST1000DM003-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device
◦Disk_Model: ATA ST1000DM003-1CH1 SCSI Disk Device
◦Disk_Size: 1000 GB
◦Disk_Partitions: 4
◦Disk_TotalHeads: 255
◦Disk_TotalCylinders: 121601
◦Disk_TotalTracks: 31008255
◦Disk_TracksPerCylinder: 255

If you need anything else let me know and thanks to anyone who replies!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:02 PM
Are you posting to boast?

Anyone who has alienware knows they're buying something near the higher end. It'll run it.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Inventor
#3 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 7:19 PM
EA hasn't said anything about specs, but they did say it should run on low-end computers. I think you'll be fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lemon&Lime
Are you posting to boast?

Anyone who has alienware knows they're buying something near the higher end. It'll run it.

Lol, nah, it's just that the model of Alienware I have is a "compact" gaming PC (meaning it's smaller and much less expensive than some of the huge monsters they do that go for like $7,000) and it doesn't always run TS3 perfectly.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:05 AM
Actually that's not really true, Lemon&Lime. Alienware sell some amazing rigs and some pretty good but not stonking ones, like this one. The only thing you're really sure of when you buy Alienware is that you're paying too much.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.