Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 10:42 PM
Default Dishwasher Problems
My sims refuse to use the dishwasher and I don't know why. Anyone else experiencing this problem and does anyone have a fix? :0 Thank you
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 3:42 AM
When did the Sims 4 get a dishwasher?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:20 AM
Two days ago, with the 1.10 patch.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:26 AM
I am having the problem, too. I have to cancel all autonomous "wash dishes" in their queues, pick on a sim and click on the dish washer and choose "load dishes". Otherwise, they will ignore the dishwasher and opt to wash the dishes in a sink (not necessarily the kitchen sink, often the sink in the farthest bathroom from the kitchen). Once "load dishes" has been done, any missed dishes will be washed in sinks.
Inventor
#5 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 4:47 AM
I had a sim use the disgwasher autonomously but it seems random overall since they switch from using it to washing them in the sink.

Check out my Simblr
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Two days ago, with the 1.10 patch.

Well how odd....That update is not showing for me yet, i went to the ea sims 4 patch notes and there is no updated info there either....Were a bit slow here in Australia....LOL
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:34 PM
I even removed all the sinks in hopes that they would resort to the dishwasher but they just started throwing the plates in the garbage. T.T
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:50 PM
I wonder if it has to do with their AI? I prefer my Sims NOT wash dishes since the recycling bin pays dividends. So I stop them from picking up their dishes and drag them to the bin instead. Sometimes, in some households, they started using the bins. It's probably random, but I like to think they're finally listening to me.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:47 PM
Wasn't really sure where to post this but as it is related to the new dishwasher, here goes.

I've found that I can't place the dishwasher on most of my active lots. When I try I just get a weird error ("need to place this on a large surface"), even when I tried with "moveobjects". I've read somwhere else this might be linked to the fact that I mostly use cc counters.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And if so, did you find a way around it?

Thanks.
Scholar
#10 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandasientje
I've found that I can't place the dishwasher on most of my active lots. When I try I just get a weird error ("need to place this on a large surface"), even when I tried with "moveobjects". I've read somwhere else this might be linked to the fact that I mostly use cc counters

I found that I could not use the dishwasher with any cc counters. I had to take out all mine because it wouldn't work with any game ones that were altered in any way either. I literally tried with every single counter in my game just to make sure and none of them worked. After i removed all new CC, recolors and overrides, then I could place dishwashers.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
I found that I could not use the dishwasher with any cc counters. I had to take out all mine because it wouldn't work with any game ones that were altered in any way either. I literally tried with every single counter in my game just to make sure and none of them worked. After i removed all new CC, recolors and overrides, then I could place dishwashers.

OK, thanks for the confirmation.

For now I'm jost going to ignore that dishwashers exist since trying to remove my cc is not an option I'm willing to consider
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:40 PM
OK, thanks for the confirmation.

For now I'm jost going to ignore that dishwashers exist since trying to remove my cc is not an option I'm willing to consider

CC or dishwashers? I would chose the cc as well lol

Check Out My Sims Photo Album
Challenges, Funny Shots, and Pretty Sims!
Auroradreamergirl's Sims
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:41 PM
Diswashers do work with CC counters provided those do not contain a cloned rig/rslt that has become outdated in 1.10 (which serves no purpose anyway, unless the counter is so different in shape from the Maxis ones that it actually needs an edited rig -- and then the chance is quite high that the Maxian dishwashers wouldn't fit even if they could techncially be placed). These CC counters are using the Maxis rigs and dishwashers are working fine with them -- there may be other ones like that, I don't know any but that doesn't mean much (I don't download a lot in general).

(There does seem to be some issues with sims not using dishwashers when they should, but that's something different, to do with the sim decision making and not with the dishwasher placeability)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:25 PM
Someone told me on twitter that you need to create a new save file for the dishwasher script to work. That's what fixed theirs. Created a new fam with a new house and the dishwasher works perfectly but not with my old fam :/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:50 PM
"Work" in what sense now .. work so that you can place it, or work so that sims will use it properly?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 6:40 AM
My Sims can use it now...I always could place it, it's just my old family didn't acknowledge the dishwasher at all.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Diswashers do work with CC counters provided those do not contain a cloned rig/rslt that has become outdated in 1.10 (which serves no purpose anyway, unless the counter is so different in shape from the Maxis ones that it actually needs an edited rig -- and then the chance is quite high that the Maxian dishwashers wouldn't fit even if they could techncially be placed). These CC counters are using the Maxis rigs and dishwashers are working fine with them -- there may be other ones like that, I don't know any but that doesn't mean much (I don't download a lot in general).

(There does seem to be some issues with sims not using dishwashers when they should, but that's something different, to do with the sim decision making and not with the dishwasher placeability)

I mostly use the ATS4 Harbinger counters because it can go with any colour scheme, so that is actually the counter I've been having issues with so far. I'll test the others and see where that gets me.

Thanks for the info
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 11:16 AM
I mostly use the ATS4 Harbinger counters because it can go with any colour scheme, so that is actually the counter I've been having issues with so far.

Have you checked whether ATS have updated their stuff (or if not, notified them of the issue)? They seem pretty active as far as I've seen, so perhaps they have done that already (or would if they knew about the problem).

Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 9:20 PM
I started a new fam, but they still won't use the dishwasher. I even hit the load dishwasher command and they still hand wash them in a sink. I give up on it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Well how odd....That update is not showing for me yet, i went to the ea sims 4 patch notes and there is no updated info there either....Were a bit slow here in Australia....LOL

I got it in Australia the day it came out? Don't sound good, hope you have it now??

-- The Roc
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrRoc
I got it in Australia the day it came out? Don't sound good, hope you have it now??

-- The Roc

Yep I have it now.... I was a bit slow on the uptake as I have been soo busy with work and kids. It still took a day longer for it to show for me but the Dishwashers work fine for me.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 9:04 PM
At least you guys HAVE dishwashers that are placed. Mine can't, with this "need surface area" message appearing every time I try to put mine in. Anyone have a solution to this problem?
Smeg Head
#23 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SAGGG
At least you guys HAVE dishwashers that are placed. Mine can't, with this "need surface area" message appearing every time I try to put mine in. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Do you have any clutter objects on the surface of counters? Or even a wall mounted cupboard positioned directly above counter? For best results, use bb.moveobjects cheat when inserting dishwashers into counter units.

Has anyone tried dragging and dropping dishes directly onto dishwasher like you can do with the bins? Might be worth a try, I'm not in game right now so I can't experiment. First one to report findings here gets a free dishwasher. DOH!
Scholar
#24 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Has anyone tried dragging and dropping dishes directly onto dishwasher like you can do with the bins? Might be worth a try, I'm not in game right now so I can't experiment. First one to report findings here gets a free dishwasher. DOH!

I just tried. No, it did not work for me but that would be a nice feature though.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Do you have any clutter objects on the surface of counters? Or even a wall mounted cupboard positioned directly above counter? For best results, use bb.moveobjects cheat when inserting dishwashers into counter units.

Thanks for responding. Hmmm, I had forgotten about the move objects cheat. I'll try that, thanks!
Page 1 of 2