Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Freezing/Crashing just as magician is about to perform
I have a magician sim and boy this game does NOT want him to perform! Twice now I've taken him to a Simfest and twice now it's crashed as he's going onstage.

I've been recording the gameplay so maybe you could check to see what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9sJ0ZjKd-c The first time, and it freezes around 34:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jDpkq3TJXw This is the second time. It freezes around 21:30.

But yeah, I can't figure this out at all.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:09 AM
...I have no idea what that means. I even tried to look it up and didn't find anything.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 10:14 AM
Do you use mods at all? You might have something that hasn't been updated.

Try following these steps: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._3_Game_Problem
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 3:45 AM
I use a lot of mods, but my other saves don't have this problem. And this one didn't either until he went up to perform. I don't have any magician-related mods and there aren't any mods on the character himself.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 6:16 AM
Yes, even if you don't have any magician related mods you need to check your custom content. Any custom content that either doesn't match your game version or clashes with some other installed custom content can cause various problems.

Even if the problems aren't caused by CC, the first steps to solving your problem is still to follow the steps on that link I gave you earlier.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:19 PM
Why would this affect only this one action and none of my other saves if this was CC related? I tend to use the same stuff over and over again. It didn't even affect this one save until this action.

And if I remove all CC like that suggests, that would seriously affect my game. All the vehicles would be gone, characters would look considerably different (not him though as I said), the house would be missing most of its stuff...

Really I want to know why it's this one action on this one save with literally nothing else affected. Does the freezing in the video indicate anything specific?
Scholar
#8 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:33 PM
"anything"
removing CC for testing purposes gives you a chance to determine if it is mod related or just another gift from developer. Otherwise you can just throw a tantrum or use some glass-ball for claivoriance.

Ofc you can always just remove Showtime-related lots and problem "solved"... in some way, well.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:01 AM
I don't appreciate that attitude. I'm not throwing a tantrum. I'm asking for help and explaining why I'm having difficulty with the proposed fix.

Also, I tried to run CC Cleaner, which worked ONCE before, and it refused to open again. Now it says that it's incompatable.

Could I have someone like...walk me through the steps on a personal level, like in a chat? I learn by doing, and following that list is overwhelming.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:11 AM
Well, as I said, I have trouble understanding that walkthrough. That's why I asked for some personal help.
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:05 AM
It will take quite some time to get a magician up to performance level...ugh but I gotta do what I gotta do.

In the meantime...I'm not being intentionally obtuse or stubborn. I have real issues understanding things without someone showing me how to do it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:13 AM
Ok took a whole season but I worked a no-CC sim to her first performance and it didn't crash, but she also wasn't invited up because she missed her performance time (who takes an hour and a half to take a shower anyway?!). Should I have her try that again to recreate it fully or was simply performing onstage enough to test? She got a review even though all she did was take her introductory bow.
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 11:05 AM
I'd try to reproduce this again - particulary exactly on the lot where you encountered a problem, but it looks like CC mess.* For testing time ignore natural game flow - use testingcheatsenabled to restore sim's needs, teleport for fast trip to point etc. Just keep tce disabled while actual testing.

When you determine what's the cause it will be a time to decide if you're ready to go through 50/50 routine** or just give up this particular save.

* Showtime content is particulary fragile and has got well (I'm not sure if "well" is a good word for this) earned bad reputation by itself. It may be easily broken by some completely innocent in other circumstances mod.

There's also possibility you have some mod outdated or incompatible with Showtime.

** if other saves (if there Showtime events works fine) are working fine, maybe it will be enough to check a date of last working savefile and then temporary removing any cc file you've put into your mods' folder after this date. Less painful than standard 50/50 routine, worth a try, anyway.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 9:37 PM
Ah, then I'll have to make a new save in the same town as the main issue. Crap, I didn't think of that.
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 4:10 AM
Ok so I started a new house on the same map and it crashed the SECOND I started the game. The moment the random figure and his random dog set foot in Sunset Valley, everything froze up and I had to CtlAltDel out of it. So, the issue is with the map?
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 4:57 AM
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 3 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2261 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2615 RAM: 3766 Adjusted RAM: 3254 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz
Family: 6
Model: 5
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 3766MB
Free memory: 2053MB
User: HP
Computer: HP-PC
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics
Name (database): Havendale [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0046, Board: 036d1025, Chipset: 0002
Driver: igdumdx32.dll, Version: 8.15.10.2086, GUID: D7B78E66-4306-11CF-B37B-6723A2C2C535
Driver version: 2086
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1752MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 1
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 2
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 133
SoundFXLevel 34
MusicLevel 129
AmbientLevel 146
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 1
EdgeScrollingWarning 0
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 428545
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 0
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 0
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 0
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 0
EnableTelemetry 0
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 0
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 0
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 0
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 0
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 14
FallLength 14
WinterLength 14
SpringLength 14
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1
=== Default Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 0
LightingQuality 2
GeneralReflections 1
TextureQuality 2
VisualEffects 2
TerrainQuality 1
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 1
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 2
TreeQuality 2
DrawDistance 2
MaxActiveLots 2
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
AdvancedRendering 1
AudioQuality 2
AudioOutputMode 1
VoiceLevel 255
SoundFXLevel 255
MusicLevel 255
AmbientLevel 255
FocusMute 1
VoiceMute 0
SoundFXMute 0
MusicMute 0
AmbientMute 0
EdgeScrolling 0
EdgeScrollingWarning 1
SupressOpportunityDialogs 0
SuppressOpportunityDialogsWarningProducts 0
SimWhileMinimized 0
TwelveHourClock 1
ShowPlacementGrid 0
AutonomyLevel 2
DisableAutonomyForSelectedSim 0
PetAutonomyLevel 2
AgingInterval 2
EnableAging 1
EnableTutorial 1
EnableIntroTutorial 1
EnableTombResets 1
EnableInGameStore 1
EnableTelemetry 1
EnableMemories 1
AgingStageLengthBaby 3
AgingStageLengthToddler 7
AgingStageLengthChild 7
AgingStageLengthTeen 14
AgingStageLengthYoungAdult 21
AgingStageLengthAdult 21
AgingStageLengthElder 17
EnableInteractiveLoading 1
AgingStageLengthPuppy 0
AgingStageLengthDogAdult 0
AgingStageLengthDogElder 0
AgingStageLengthKitten 0
AgingStageLengthCatAdult 0
AgingStageLengthCatElder 0
AgingStageLengthFoal 0
AgingStageLengthHorseAdult 0
AgingStageLengthHorseElder 0
LunarCycleLength 3
LunarPhaseLength 0
EnableLunarCycle 1
EnableLunarPhase 0
EnableStoryProgression 1
EnableVampires 1
EnableWerewolves 1
EnablePets 1
EnableCelebrities 1
EnableFairies 1
EnableWitches 1
EnableHorses 1
EnableOptOutCeleb 0
ReceiveConnectTNS 1
ReceivedDevGift 0
PostFilterFlags 0
RequireLoginBeforeLoad 0
SummerLength 7
FallLength 7
WinterLength 7
SpringLength 7
SummerEnabled 1
FallEnabled 1
WinterEnabled 1
SpringEnabled 1
IsCelcius 0
FogEnabled 1
RainEnabled 1
SnowEnabled 1
HailEnabled 1
InvertHorizontalRotation 0
InvertVerticalRotation 0
VideoCaptureSize 1
VideoCaptureQuality 2
VideoCaptureSound 0
VideoCaptureTime 60
VideoCaptureHideUI 1

This is the only one I could find and I had to specifically search for the file name. I can't find one in my TS3 folder. There also doesn't seem to be a save for the one that crashed immediately (well I mean I never got a chance to save it) so I can't tell you anything about that.
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 7:00 AM
Well, I logged them in the above videos. When I closed them via CtlAltDel, there was a message waiting for me that the game had crashed. I don't know when it actually DID. But it was the same message with the clean town. In the first one up there, there's SOME sound but no wind or other environmental effects. In the second one there's nothing but the clicking noise.
Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:09 AM
The game usually runs slow, though with the clean run it was faster (still took about ten minutes just to load though)

How do I add more RAM? And honestly that sounds like a lot, two gigs...but is it RAM or memory? You cited memory but said RAM...

And I've had Showtime for a few years and this has never happened before. But I've also never run a magician.

And with the save I tried that went kaput the moment it opened, that was a one-person house on the same map (Sunset Valley), so I can't really make the house smaller.
Inventor
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:08 AM
Yes, that's what I did. I started a fresh game, chose Sunset Valley, made a house of one person, bought him a one-bedroom house...and the second he stood in front of his new house, everything froze and crashed. I mean, he had a dog, but you said 1-2 people...

Can you explain what you mean by "low setting"?
Page 1 of 2