Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:03 AM
Default How do you make a diagonal kitchen? Countertop problems!
Okay, so, I've been searching the internet and can't find any answers to my problem....which may be because I am either (a) an idiot/such a common sense question or (b) it's impossible.

Here is a picture of my diagonal walls:
http://imgur.com/tJ0iqbK

Here is a picture of my problem:
http://imgur.com/HzSjvE1

My goal: Have that layout with the counter tops but without the atrocious gaps. I have tried a mixture of every countertop style I can think of (also have tried it automatically connecting).

From my recollection, there was a patch way back when that was supposed to make it possible for you to make diagonal kitchens?? I've seen pictures of people with kitchens with the exact layout of the one I want but without any explanation of how to do it. I don't want to give up on my dream kitchen location, because in the layout of the house I've been building that's the perfect spot for it...any help or information I would appreciate! My game is fully updated.

I do not know how to use any codes or anything like that, so if you are going to suggest cheats, kindly spell it out for me.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:36 AM
You have to go into cheats
CTRL + SHiFT + C
and type bb.moveobjects or bb.moveobjects on
then place the counters within each other kinda.
Turn the freeform movement off again by typing bb.moveobjects to toggle or bb.moveobjects off

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:39 AM
The counters that are on the diagonal, you can take them right up to the very corners to seal the gap.

You will need to enter cheat code - bb.moveobjects - so you won't get any red footprints where the game will not allow you to place objects on the same grid tile.

For the best type of kitchen counter to have the "seamless look," I would opt for the metallic ones with the single colour metallic tops. The ones you are using in your pictures have a patchy wooden surface, (or some with ceramic tiling) so that when you force two to be so close, occupying the same space, it will cause unattractive texture clipping when you move the camera around.

Although, because of the diagonal angle, there is always going to be some unattractive texture clipping. But the single colour surface makes it more bearable on the eyes. Also, depending on the length of the diagonal wall, you may have to mix and match the counter sizes to get the best snug fit. In my image, I used the smallest size of that counter against the diagonal walls. I just knocked up the little build for demonstration purposes. I'd faff about with it for longer if it was going to be a permanent build I'd use. But that's the general idea of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 4:26 AM
Thank you for your speedy reply
I will try that out soon