Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 1:54 AM
Default What happened to various CAW-ers?
I thought about putting this into the WCIF category, but I felt like this was a little more general than trying to find specific items, hopefully it's in the right place! Does anyone know what happened to some of people who made tons of quality worlds like (sub)urbansimblr or CAW blog whose tumblr is no longer active? The worlds they made were breathtaking and just gorgeous, but they seemed to have disappeared one or two years ago and left behind some unfinished work that I kinda wanna see if there's a finished version. It's just a shame to see such talented creators disappear.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:28 AM
I like Rflong7 world's.
https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7 <- I think you have to log in first to get to the page.
She's still making worlds. Some of them have no buildings so you have to add them, some are complete.
I like playable worlds myself. A world where every possible thing is crammed into the world is not a good thing. And very pretty houses that are crammed full of stuff so your sim has to go outside for some interactions ruins gameplay. There are a couple of EA houses that way. Most folks also make porches of houses that are smaller than 3x3. So, for pizza delivery, your sim goes off the porch to receive the pizza. Other houses have these really complicated roofs that are quite pretty. Then you want to see what's in the basement, and you end up clicking down about 8 times.
For this reason, I rarely download pretty houses. I don't trust them to be playable. I mean, making pretty things can be how somefolks play the game and I respect that, but it's not my game-play.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 12:15 PM
I'm still active with CAW and currently working on a Riverview makeover in CAW with the template assigned a new world ID.I make mostly blank and empty worlds in CAW and love playing ones like that and I've got one to upload that I was still testing called Logan which is a desert world.It's a blank world and even empty lots have to be added before buildings go down.
Theorist
#4 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:07 AM
It’s because of TS4. But a number of CAWers are coming back to Ts3 once they realise Ts4 doesn’t offer all the things Ts3 does

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
It’s because of TS4. But a number of CAWers are coming back to Ts3 once they realise Ts4 doesn’t offer all the things Ts3 does

I wonder why some of them even left for TS4, it's just such an empty game lol. Oh well, it's their choice. As you said, hopefully they'll return one day!