Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:59 PM
Stop Killing Dogs -The Petition to stop Dog's meat comsumition in South Korea
Over 2 million dogs are brutally killed in South Korea every year.

That's over 5,000 dogs a day who get strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.

The South Korean government has accepted Animal Protection Laws which make animal torture illegal, but those laws have never been properly enforced in the country. The dog meat industry continues to thrive and the officials are reluctant and indifferent to ban it.

Although forbidden to advertise themselves on main streets or in English, over 6,000 restaurants today serve dog meat in South Korea. And they don't get closed down.

Oh, sorry, except during the 1988 Seoul Olympics and 2002 FIFA Cup when dog meat restaurants were forced to shut down temporarily in fear of bad impressions of South Korea.

You can help us change the life of millions of dogs.

International support against dog torture and dog meat consumption is the only way to put pressure on the South Korean government to protect animal rights for real and ban the dog meat industry in all forms. This petition will be presented to the Korean officials in Seoul by the Korea Animal Rights Advocates when at least or more than 1 million signatures have been collected.

This petition is different from any other petition made in support for Korean dogs because of its great scope. People across the world are able to see the "Stop Killing Dogs" page in English, French and in many other languages, and understand that it is not a harmless ancient tradition or anything inevitable.

Give yourself a second to read this and sign the petition in
http://www.uniteddogs.com/stopkillingdogs/

That's over 5,000 dogs a day who get strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.

SHOW THAT YOU CARE
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:21 PM
That's horrible :'(
Signed
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
*signs*

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:25 PM
I have a dog too, so... Signed!

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 7:27 PM Last edited by candiiee : 8th May 2010 at 5:06 PM.
5,000...a...day...
*gets very cross*
I really don't know how you could possibly do that to any animal. *is vegetarian*

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 8:09 PM
OmG... :'( ...
Oh I'm sooo SIGNED...!!

Onii-chaaan! ~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 9:13 PM
Right Guys!
Let's sign and stop killing dogs!

SHOW THAT YOU CARE
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 10:33 PM
That's awful! *signs*

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Alchemist
#9 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 10:39 PM
As an owner of three dogs, :'( signed.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 12:35 PM
Signed! Korean people are very horrible ;(

Sorry for my English.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 10:04 PM
i signed yesterday when i joined uniteddogs
horrible numbers...
Banned
#12 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 5:55 AM
I signed a while ago, and posted it on facebook so that all my friends could sign
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 6:46 AM
omgsh! :'(
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th May 2010 at 5:02 PM
This is wrong on so many levels...
As an owner of two dogs, I hereby *sign*
Field Researcher
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 6:27 PM
Signed, but what about other types of meat? Why are dogs different to pigs etc.?

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 7:31 PM
Sighned.
What you have to understand is this has been in their culture for years, just like americans breeding cows, pigs, chickens and other animals for consumption. As a dog lover I understand your concern, but as a person who is familiar with prejudice, I also understand where they're coming from.
Rubric Wrangler
#17 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:49 AM
Building on what Mosomashu and blueFoxx0123 have said, I'm absolutely against killing dogs, certainly, but I can't protest the consumption of just one type of animal just because our culture decides that it's taboo to eat them. In Hinduism, as far as I understand (I am open to being corrected, I'm not Hindu), cows are considered sacred and eating them is taboo, yet many North American people who would immediately object to eating dogs have no problems with eating beef.

Objectively speaking, there is no difference between eating dogs and eating cows (or chickens, or goats, or horses, or any other animal), they are all valid food sources. There is nothing inherently wrong with eating dogs. The difference is that western culture teaches us that consuming dogs is taboo. I do have a problem with animals, any animals, being slaughtered inhumanely for food.

And please don't think I'm anti-dog! The reason I joined this group is because I am an animal lover! I own a Brittany Spaniel named Mick whom I love with all my heart :D, and the thought of dogs being eaten provokes an immediate negative reaction within me. I would certainly never, ever eat dog meat (I'm working on becoming a vegetarian, I eat chicken a few times a year). But I choose to objectively examine the root of that feeling, and have concluded that it is cultural, not logical.

At any rate, South Korea is certainly not the only place where dog meat is eaten. Dog meat is eaten in many East Asian countries, and other places worldwide. If the petition was one to stop dog meat consumption worldwide, I might consider signing it, but I'm not comfortable with targeting one country. I'm not trying to start a fight, I respect people's choice to sign... I'm just trying to provide a different, objective perspective on things.

Jeez, I'll shut up now.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Alchemist
#18 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 7:46 AM
I have a dog, named Chucky, whom I love oh-so-much. I signed. These barbarians have to be stopped somehow. They'd better eat their children than dogs. Argh, they make me so damn mad!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Scholar
#19 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 4:36 AM
I definitely sign, I love dogs so so much, but people really need to open their minds to animals other than just dogs and cats.

in the US alone over 100,000 cows are brutally slaughtered in slaughter houses every day. Cows are sacred in India. also in the USA alone 23 million chickens are killed. These may be commonplace foods for us, but seriously?

animal rights for ALL.

also fun/gross factition: scientists are working on genetically modifying chickens so they have gills, are born featherless, and have no bones so they can just grow chickens in giant tanks instead of in the cramped chicken mass murder houses they are stored in now.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#20 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 12:17 PM
I see nothing wrong with the eating of any animal, but animals should be eaten in a humane manner, by pouncing on them by surprise and killing them, not by keeping them locked in cages and force-fed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alchemist
#21 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 4:29 PM
OMG, Pes, you're really cruel :D

Scholar
#22 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:24 PM
well, look at it this way:
would you rather eat an animal you knew was kept in a dark crowded cage it's whole live practically living in it's own poo. The 'farmer' killing it by sticking the animal on a conveyer belt to and insta-death beheadment factory line,
or
hunt it in the wild without even using a gun?

you decide.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:15 PM
Signed and linked to on facebook
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 9:31 PM
I love animals, I love my cats dearly, and I loved my puppy that I got on my 8th birthday, and buried a few days after my 18th birthday. I've never had a dog since, and once my cat dies I'll never have another cat again.

I don't condone abuse of any animal. HOWEVER, a girl I dated not to long back frowned on me eating cow, she was a sweet Hindu lady and to her you just don't eat cows.

In Korea it's acceptable to eat dogs, hell in a lot of countries it's acceptable to eat dogs, but not pigs, or cows, or chickens.

I hope it's just the abuse you're frowning at and not the culture.
Alchemist
#25 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 7:41 AM
"A lot" means over 10. I have only heard of Vietnam and Korea. A lot, indeed.

No, I'm frowning at THEM, I'd give the ones who do this to the cannibals, to see if they enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2