Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:07 AM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 20th Jul 2009 at 4:02 PM.
Default Tutorial - Intersecting Stairs
The Sims 2 Still has More to be Found!
Intersecting Stairs

So, I was in the sims 2, creating this house when one mis-click helped me find this secret! And to think this hasn't been given a proper tutorial yet! Attached are 4 files, 2 for doing this method on foundation and the other for doing it on terrain. I alo have set up a "click-2-pic" version, where you can just click on the links to see the steps (since there are far more than 4 pictures).

ON TERRAIN

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
NOTICE
Step 5
Step 6
Step 7
Step 8
Step 9
NOTICE

ON FOUNDATION

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
Step 5
Step 6

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

^^ If you aren't sure of what I mean by dragging ^^
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Don't forget, to download and thank or whatnot and such. Thanks for watching guys, and the lots and housing moderator better start seeing some new and awesome stairs

~Q
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Intersecting Stairs on Foundation.zip (1.12 MB, 106 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Anything marked with a "B" is for this tutorial
File Type: txt  Intersecting Stairs on Foundation - Words Only.txt (541 Bytes, 56 downloads)
Description: Anything marked with a "B" is for this tutorial
File Type: zip  Intersecting Stairs on Terrain.zip (1.91 MB, 73 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Anything marked with an "A" is for this tutorial
File Type: txt  Intersecting Stairs on Terrain - Words Only.txt (648 Bytes, 24 downloads)
Description: Anything marked with an "A" is for this tutorial

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Advertisement
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
This is so freaking AWESOME! Thank you so much Q!! I cannot wait to abuse this!

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
Woah! I so didn't know about this, I gawd did I try it! Amazing Q!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
ZOMG AWESOME! I've been wanting to do this forever, I had figured out a way using 2 different CC stairs, but this is INFINITELY BETTER being able to do it BASEGAME and CC FREE!!!!!!1111!!!onz!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:25 AM
This is sweet Q! I -have- to try it! ::

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 10:52 AM
OMG I could kiss you.
Wiki Wizard
#7 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 2:49 PM
Wow, you still come out with sims 2 tuts! :o well done!!!!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
Wow !! Lol Another big discovery for the sims 2 !!

Does it work in Sims 3 ??
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:16 PM
No, I tried all I could for TS3 but the closest I could get was having the corner stair cut off, not cut through. I promise you I am still trying to find something though

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:48 AM
WOW. Thats awesome. I hope someone finds a way to do it in the sims 3 *fingers crossed*. But then look how long its taken to discover its possible in the sims 2 .

Well Done QBUILDERZ

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:20 PM
Thank you for this very useful discovery - and sorry about resurrecting this old thread.
I never even knew that modular stairs could be dragged, so that is good to know, of and by itself.
The visible terrain in the corner might be covered up with some terrain paint that is similar to the stairs color to make it less visible.

I wondered how an outside corner might work out, so I tried it.
CFE and Moveobjects were both on:

End result:

Predictable, and not very useful, except perhaps as an accent to the corner of a building.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:51 PM
Thanks for ressing this thread Rob, I didn't even know this was a thing that could be done.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~