Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 12:17 AM Last edited by guccirosesx : 20th Aug 2017 at 7:02 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Into the Future
Default Corrupt Mods??
I recently had a problem with the sims 3 and I resolved it but this included removing my mods folder. Whenever my mods folder is in the game it crashes when loading, but when the mods folder is removed it works perfectly.. and I literally can't play without mods! I can't see anything wrong with my mods folder.. If anyone's had this happen before or knows how to fix it please let me know!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM
Yes, a lot of us have had it happen.
That means that one (or possibly more) of your mods is being a problem. Once you find out which one(s) and remove the problem, the rest of them will be fine.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content is a walkthrough on how to track down the problem. (It really does go a lot faster than it first seems as though it will. )

The only thing I would add to that is if you get down to the 50/50 method, check the most important files first. That gives you some leeway if you are getting tired of swapping folders of CC and want to just get rid of everything else so you can stop now. And don't forget to clear the caches every time.

Also, remember that some mods need other mods in place in order to work, so you need to keep those together.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:45 AM
Delphy's Dashboard (http://modthesims.info/d/387006) is helpful for checking mods/packages for conflicts, I run this every time I install package files.
NOTE: Bear in mind that if two files are said to conflict but were made by the same creator, it's possible, sometimes even probable that they were just created using the same resource in the game and it's a false flag.

Additionally, when I'm installing new mods/packages I usually put them in a subfolder named for the month they were installed, so that way if my game suddenly starts crashing and I just installed stuff, I can start by pulling that folder. If taking that out and clearing my caches solves the problem then I know it's something from that batch of files. From there, I can check file modification dates and pull any files that are extremely old, and use the 50/50 method on that folder if it doesn't help.

If pulling that folder doesn't work then yeah, you're gonna need to do the 50/50 thing for all of your mods/packages.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:36 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Aug 2017 at 6:27 AM.
Just in case the OP is using NRaas mods, maybe we can save some time here (just a chance, really)...

-- MasterController's Progression add-on module is meant to be a bridge between the MasterController and StoryProgression base mods. The module will crash the game on startup every time if either base mod is missing, they must both be present to use the module.

-- NRaas Cupcake will cause the game to crash on startup if the EA Store Bakery set is not present or fails to load.

-- Certain combinations of outdated mods or those never meant for the player's patch level will do this.

That's not a very exhaustive list and of course not everyone uses NRaas mods in the first place (or those particular ones), but these are the causes that come up most often on our site.

Edit: Oh, I see from another thread that the OP has or had a hack from G4TW in play. Sorry, that puts us into an "all bets are off" kind of category. This may sound drastic, but a total uninstall of all things related to TS3, a thorough registry clean with Piriform's CCleaner, and then a reinstall of a legitimate version of the game and its EP/SPs might be in order then. Not sure how easily removable those hacks are, if they are really totally removable at all any other way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Just in case the OP is using NRaas mods, maybe we can save some time here (just a chance, really)...

-- MasterController's Progression add-on module is meant to be a bridge between the MasterController and StoryProgression base mods. The module will crash the game on startup every time if either base mod is missing, they must both be present to use the module.

-- NRaas Cupcake will cause the game to crash on startup if the EA Store Bakery set is not present or fails to load.

-- Certain combinations of outdated mods or those never meant for the player's patch level will do this.

That's not a very exhaustive list and of course not everyone uses NRaas mods in the first place (or those particular ones), but these are the causes that come up most often on our site.

Edit: Oh, I see from another thread that the OP has or had a hack from G4TW in play. Sorry, that puts us into an "all bets are off" kind of category. This may sound drastic, but a total uninstall of all things related to TS3, a thorough registry clean with Piriform's CCleaner, and then a reinstall of a legitimate version of the game and its EP/SPs might be in order then. Not sure how easily removable those hacks are, if they are really totally removable at all any other way.

I realised the problem was with my CmarNYC mods.
Site Helper
#7 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 1:36 AM
Well, you're in luck. CmarNYC is still active. She may have either made a fix for those mods or be willing to fix them once you report the problem.

(You are running a legit game now, right?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Well, you're in luck. CmarNYC is still active. She may have either made a fix for those mods or be willing to fix them once you report the problem.

(You are running a legit game now, right?)

Yes, the game was bought on Origin