Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#26 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 4:12 PM
Could you upload a pic to show what you mean? Are you seeing the black spots in the other morphs?

If it's dark discolorations at mesh edges, like where a sleeve or skirt turns under to join the arm or legs, this appears to be an EA thing involving the normals.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 6:44 PM
I've just used MeshToolKit to create a automatically pregnant morph.
It's EAs afTopBlouseOffShoulder mesh.
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#28 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:31 AM
I'm not getting those spots in lod2. Please give complete details: what you're using as reference meshes, exactly what you're doing at each step.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:38 PM
I use afBodySwimsuit_plunge as reference.
And I created the morph mesh as usual and I didn't untick any preset options.
If I might ask, which reference mesh were you using?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#30 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 7:24 PM
Still no black patches. I used GEOM meshes extracted with S3OC and s3pe, the GEOM Auto-tools, with S3_015A1849_00BEF569_342A73092738F1B4_afTopBlouseOffShoulder_lod2%%+GEOM.simgeom as the mesh to be morphed, S3_015A1849_00637C8A_3E317CE727550807_afBodySwimsuit_plunge_lod2%%+GEOM.simgeom as the reference base mesh, S3_067CAA11_00000000_59BF1BABEED2029E_afBodySwimsuit_plunge_special%%+BGEO.blendgeom as the reference morph, and choosing lod2 from the popup asking for the lod.

I use my own reference base and pregnant morph made by joining the nude top and bottom. I've attached the files for you to use - it'll make a good pregnant morph for just about everything with waist seams that will match the EA pregnant waistline. I've also attached the same thing in wso form in case you use wso meshes at some point.

In order to try to figure this out I need to know exactly what you're doing step by step though the entire process like I did above, including how you're extracting all the meshes, which functions you're using in Toolkit, what files you're loading in, etc. Please be detailed!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afFullBodyNude_Reference_Special_GEOM.zip (218.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Base and morph reference meshes for pregnant morph
File Type: zip  afFullBodyNude_Reference_AllMorphs_WSO.zip (736.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: WSO reference mesh for all morphs including pregnant

Sockpuppet
#31 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 1:09 AM
those black ''patches'' are nothing to worry about, those are the backfaces of the inner part of the shirt going to the waist.
Even if they stick through the outer part they will be invisible ingame.

Cmar probably has show backfaces ticked off.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 13th Jul 2014 at 9:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
those black ''patches'' are nothing to worry about, those are the backfaces of the inner part of the shirt going to the waist.
Even if they stick through the outer part they will be invisible ingame

Oh no, I thought those black 'patches needs to be fixed...that's why I deleted everything what I have done until now.
It's my fault. I just had to wait...

But now, I can use your reference meshes instead.
They might be better than the ones I used.

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Still no black patches. I used GEOM meshes extracted with S3OC and s3pe, the GEOM Auto-tools, with S3_015A1849_00BEF569_342A73092738F1B4_afTopBlouseOffShoulder_lod2%%+GEOM.simgeom as the mesh to be morphed, S3_015A1849_00637C8A_3E317CE727550807_afBodySwimsuit_plunge_lod2%%+GEOM.simgeom as the reference base mesh, S3_067CAA11_00000000_59BF1BABEED2029E_afBodySwimsuit_plunge_special%%+BGEO.blendgeom as the reference morph, and choosing lod2 from the popup asking for the lod.

I use my own reference base and pregnant morph made by joining the nude top and bottom. I've attached the files for you to use - it'll make a good pregnant morph for just about everything with waist seams that will match the EA pregnant waistline. I've also attached the same thing in wso form in case you use wso meshes at some point.

In order to try to figure this out I need to know exactly what you're doing step by step though the entire process like I did above, including how you're extracting all the meshes, which functions you're using in Toolkit, what files you're loading in, etc. Please be detailed!

I did the same like how you described it above.

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#33 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 9:53 AM
Yes, I normally have 'show backfaces' turned off. Thanks, Bloom!

Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 3:19 AM
Nothing wrong
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Hi everyone,
I hope this section is the right one for my question.

Anyway, I want to add pregnant morphs to all female adult Maxis outfits. I mean I don't want to create new clothes.
I just want to edit the Maxis mesh and add a pregnant morph.

I tried some tutorials but I always failed (until now).
It is valid for maternity - that worked. Pregnant sims wore those clothes when they got pregnant.
But the pregnant belly wasn't there.

What did I wrong?

You did nothing wrong
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:13 PM
How can I remove strange shadows from the mesh?
Because strange shadows appear if I use the MeshToolKit to generate the pregnant morph.

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#36 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 5:26 AM
Could you post a picture?

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Could you post a picture?

Those shadows appear if I use your MeshToolKit.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#38 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 12:41 PM
Shadows under the belly aren't strange, they just need to be smoothed. The auto-generated morphs aren't perfect.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 4:25 PM
How can I smooth them?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#40 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 6:01 PM
Select the belly area and do Align Normals or Cat's normal smoother. Experiment to get it looking right.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:19 PM
Ok Cat's normal smoother fixed the strange shadow thing but is there also a plugin for smoothing the vertex?
Or have I to move the vertex all by hand?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#42 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:02 PM
Do the vertices need to be smoothed? They usually don't with a pregnant morph. If they do you'll have to do it manually.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 12:18 PM
Both need to be smoothed: vertex and shadows
Anyway, what is the difference between Align Normals and Cat's normal smoother?

My Simblr
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#44 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 4:06 AM
Beats me - I think I've seen a very subtle difference but have no idea what causes it, maybe a different method of calculation.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:29 AM
Anyway, how can I set MilkShape to 'show backfaces ticked off'?

My Simblr
Inconceivable!
#46 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Anyway, how can I set MilkShape to 'show backfaces ticked off'?

Right click in the blue window in Milkshape and hit "Draw Backfaces" to toggle it off. And as for your pregnancy morphs, I've found that when using the toolkit to auto generate them they usually do require a bit of tweaking afterward to get them looking nice, but it also depends on the general shape of the base mesh, how accurate your reference mesh is, etc. Good luck with it! We can always use more maternity clothes for this game. =D
Page 2 of 2